The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

If you try to push him, he bites your wrist. Otherwise, it’s the neck.

8 Likes

Hailey set the wrath of hell upon Rebecca and Unit Bravo. If there’s one thing she hates, it’s being out of the loop (and having her good nature taken advantage of, even though she’d never admit that).

On that note, I think the N scene you get if you argue with Rebecca is maybe my favorite in the whole first book.

1 Like

Ah, thanks! :+1:

All of my MCs were fine with the whole supernatural thing by the end, but some of them handled it differently than others.

Dezh (romancing Mason) accepted it right off the bat, but became more negative toward Rebecca as a result–she’s sick of being lied to, ignored, and treated like (in her opinion) garbage by the woman who gave birth to her. She was totally cool with UB and, honestly, felt relieved since the ‘weird blood’ thing was pointing to weirdness and made her feel like an idiot. Although she was cool with the vampire thing, she was not cool with them lying to her about Murphy and got in Adam’s face about it. She’s fine now (she blames Rebecca for UB lying to her about Murphy and for Mason treating her like she’s deficient in every way), but she still gets in Adam’s face when he pushes and refuses to be treated like she’s “less” than they are (and will go out of her way to prove herself, no matter how reckless it is). Dezh wanted to be a vampire along with them from the time she found out about it–she wants super strength, super speed, and super senses (and she kinda likes the idea of looking like a super model).

Nyx (romancing Adam) was fine with it from the start. She didn’t blame Adam for keeping Murphy from her (classified is classified, after all), and didn’t get too angry with Rebecca, either, though she doesn’t trust her all that much. She will eventually get to the point where she wants to be a vampire, too, but right now, she doesn’t know enough to hop on that wagon.

Wolfe (Nate) was accepting of it, for no other reason than she’s open-minded about such things. It made sense to her. She doesn’t appreciate all the lies, but let it go–if they do it again, she’ll have words for all of them, however. She didn’t blame Rebecca for lying to her, mainly because she just kind of accepts Rebecca as she is and doesn’t expect much from her. It takes a lot to get Wolfe really angry, anyway. Much like Dezh, she’d be all over becoming a vampire, especially as she gets more involved with Nate, though her reasoning is different (if she loves a vampire, she wants to be one too so he won’t have to deal with her getting old and dying).

Jax (Felix) thought the whole thing was a joke, that they were all just jerking her around. She wasn’t afraid, and accepted them just fine after she realized they weren’t pranking her. She and Rebecca are close, no matter how much time passes between them talking or seeing each other, or how many lies there are, so it didn’t affect their relationship one way or the other. She is also already thinking of becoming a vampire. She doesn’t really care about the negatives, but she does want to know what she’s getting into before she finally makes that commitment.

3 Likes

@rose-court You should not have reminded me of the Eeveelution discussion…

My hand slipped

24 Likes

GIVING YOU ONE LIKE IS NOT ENOUGH

throws you a hundred likes

6 Likes

For our other Wayhaven characters, I see Rebecca as Gardevoir, and Douglas as Pachirisu. What will Tina and Verda be? :thinking:

@Mewsly OMG you’re so good at art :star_struck: they all look amazing!

5 Likes

@Hannah_Minger already answered you, but I’ll be sure to add this to the expanded FAQ. Thanks for pointing it out!

i love :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

do you remember those electric sheep Pokémon? for some reason I want to say Tina is an electric sheep.

6 Likes
Y-You guys.

tenor

Ohhh, well, I think Tina as a Growlithe could be cute cuz shes a cop and Growlithes are, like, the police Pokemon, but I also second @rose-court that Tina does give off an “Electric Sheep” vibe. Or a Furfrou!

As for Verda… Hmmm. Maybe a normal-type Pokemon? :thinking: Idk why, maybe because normal-types reminds me of your dad from Ruby and Sapphire and Verda is Best Dad

6 Likes

I know you guys have already moved past
this discussion (feel free to ignore this) and I hope you don’t mind if I bring it back. Just wanna throw in my two cents lol.

My take on this is that it probably has something to do with their past. Probably a loved one thought they were dangerous and called them a monster when they found out that A turned into a vampire. Add to that the fact that some human agents don’t like working with vampire agents, I think it reinforces their perception of themselves as dangerous.

Also, how about M as Mightyena? or A as Blaziken?

14 Likes

Perhaps it is something like when humans thought they had tamed a tiger or elephant and apply them for entertainment in a circus , even though these dangerous animals are considered harmless or “tamed” , but we won’t know when one day the tiger or the elephant will gone rampage and kill anyone in the circus…

So in a way , the Agency “thought” they may have tamed these supernaturals and employ them as loyal “servants” , we won’t know when one of them will gone rogue one day :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I feel there are still some pieces left to this puzzle. One thing is to hate on that one person who hurt you, but having so much venom against humankind - that’s a whole other game.

I’m beginning to think there was a serious witch hunt going on against A in the distant past. And perhaps A in return might’ve done something… nasty. Which they regret. And at the same time continue to hate them hoomans, lol

7 Likes

Ooh… maybe when A first turned, they didn’t know how to control their thirst for blood and done some… bad things.

6 Likes

Then there’s the kicker of A trying to keep the past under a huge ass barn lock.

I wonder just how big the set of :sparkles: sugar pliers :sparkles: we’d need to pry that sensitive memory from A. Or if it’s possible at all.

2 Likes

The author, this series, this community and everyone are Legendary :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :grin:
Edit: Also this one belongs to M :joy: Booty

8 Likes

Ok, I was trying to make a TWC character moodboard yesterday, I finally found my Adam face claim. :heart_eyes:
James Norton ladies and gentlemen. Perfect height, body type, height. Did I mention he’s British too? (It also doesn’t help that I recently watched War & an Peace and he was perfect in his stoic role character) :blush:

images%20(1)

5 Likes

I see Rebecca as ninetails. Graceful and brutal :joy:

(I can’t remember the name of other pokemons now, but when I finish work I will edit this. I only remember the first generation pokemons, ok, and only kind of)

8 Likes

My Northwestern American brain can’t get rid of my everyday Northwestern American accent, even when I know I’m reading a character’s dialogue and I know they’re from New Orleans (never heard the accent - that I know of - in my life), Greece, or the UK. lol
So, my face claims for A, N and F are as follows…

A

Jensen Ackles

N

Jared Padalecki

F

Brandon T. Jackson

Not sure who reminds me of M just yet. I go more by who their personalities remind me of (even if it was just another one of their characters’ personalities). And I realize that might sound confusing. Sorry. haha

4 Likes

I see you’re a Supernatural fan :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Tbh I haven’t decided about Nate and Felix but Mason was the easiest one for me. For the moment I’ve read about him, I knew he would be Adam Driver :eyes::sweat_smile:

2 Likes