The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

to be fair, Bobby is like fuckboi!Red if no one ever knocked the fuckboi outta him, so it shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise that people want that type of romance in their backstory

10 Likes

Oh, I have never seen such an appropriate and accurate use of gifs, but then again with this thread that shouldn’t come as a surprise-

That last one is probably the most accurate fr :sob:.
But jokes aside, you have courage through ur blood, I can’t take the LT. Heck I it guilt’s me when I accidentally step on an ant, imagine trying to control feelings for two people I KNOW I like. sadgbasasdrewbr (good luck brave warriors)

9 Likes

Why thank you very much. I pride myself in my collection and sworn accurate gif and meme uses. (No wack 2017 memes coming this way :woman_student:)

I dunno man, I just… I’m that kinda person who wants it all but ends up losing it. I don’t wanna do this to A and N but I just-askljdbhsa. I know it’s selfish, but I want the angst and, I can take the pain. Like hit me with your best shot. It’s just that, Iv’e played all the routes and that LT route just haunted me, knowing it was there but I hadn’t experienced it-especially cuz everyone’s always talking about it. If that made sense?.. I had to…
slams keyboard I CAN’T EXPLAIN IT DAMMIT :sob::sob:
I know! I’ll be fair in carefully calculating my scenes and make sure my mc isn’t favoring either of them, then another play through where I do the same except switch the scenes so that I can experience it for both LI’s and on two of those playthroughs I’ll pick N for one then A for the other…[Thor Ragnarok voice] Yes I know my plan is flawed… for 1, Ik imma end up subconsciously liking one more and 2. If I do all this stuff it won’t flow naturally and I won’t enjoy it. You know what? Imma just do what my heart does. (Yall except me for being an evil LT angst loving monster :smiling_imp:)

2 Likes

Ok so I’m going to interrupt this convo to plead for your guys’ help. :sob: I have the most awful habit of min-maxing EVERY. DAMN. PLAYTHROUGH. Of everything. In the spirit of trying to do not that, I was hoping that you guys could help me make a detective. Including her personality & her chosen RO. I’m just hoping that if I have a more defined MC I might be able to just…chill. And stop stressing about results =/

1 Like

I don’t know why you stress. It’s the “imperfect” things which happen that make the game better. Example: getting bitten by Murphy makes for interesting moments in the book 2 demo. :smirk:

The added drama makes it much more delicious. But honestly, there’s no need to max anything as the stats don’t call for it. :slightly_smiling_face:

But in the spirit of doing another playthrough, I would say to do one in which might make you feel relaxed. I tend to play opposites with my routes, so Mason gets a sweetie, Felix gets a semi-serious person, Adam gets a more laid back personality while Nate gets paired with someone more outspoken. I think it’s more fun that way, but ymmv.

But if you want a decisive decision, I will have to say Mason. He’s my fave, and as I mentioned above, I like the dynamic between him and a shy, nice MC.

14 Likes

I can’t play with a shy nice mc for all gold in the world. I don’t understand shy people So play is me ranting about why my mc is blushing and acting like a scare rat and not saying anything…
But that’s my fault shy protagonist make me directly angry and or fall sleeping. It is well written though

2 Likes

Hehe. Of course! So what would you recommend @Isabella_Taylor play? What personality and RO?

Let’s help a fellow detective find some happiness. :wink: The more we recommend, the more likely she’ll find something fun to play.

I recommend bold sarcastic mc no team player with fighting abilities going for A while being bold and independent is funny and very dynamic. I think I break A lol is funny thing ever mixed with sarcasm

5 Likes

@Isabella_Taylor

What if you make MCs that complement the ROs?

Like @poison_mara said, I think a detective who doesn’t take A’s crap is pretty funny to me. If they were sarcastic and laidback that’d be pretty funny seeing A’s top blow.

For F you could go two routes:
Someone who’s uptight and needs F’s help loosening up, or someone who’s as outlandish as they are.

With M…I think a shy MC would be the best choice also the most smoulder-y and deadly, lol.

N is a little bit harder for me, because I love Nate so much, so my suggestion is to just play as my MC Charlotte. :rofl: funny but intelligent, laidback but caring, and oh, so danger-prone

11 Likes

Just to add, since the stat checks in TWC are really few and far between, don’t stress too much! I think the only major check is where you may get bitten? but then again failing that check is actually a plus in my book, since it means sweet, lovely, guilty ROs in Book 2.

For A, a sarcastic/stubborn MC works for me too! It’s fun to make them snarl. Heh.
For M… the last I tried it, I was charming.
For F, like @rose-court recommended, I love playing their route as a shy MC. F’s teasing of such an MC is too adorable to resist xD
For N, I like playing as a friendly detective who is a teamplayer and values heart over mind.

10 Likes

Takes notes for my N playthrough

If you’re worried about the professional stat checks @Isabella_Taylor I recommend focusing on one or two. You only need 55% to be able to handle anything the game throws at you. Just pick the ones that you like the most and are the easiest for you to pick up, personally I tend to get pretty high people skills.

And I second everyone saying that making the MC based on which RO you’re going for is really fun! I like doing opposites (a super friendly and nice MC with M, a very stoic and serious MC with F, a very flirty and laid-back MC with A… I’ll figure out N eventually) but you could also go for similar if thats what you’re into! A super serious MC with A to be a kick-ass battle couple could be fun!

8 Likes

You know I’m basically with you on this one. For A, I like putting someone totally bold with him (his reactions to bold-flirting detectives are just too damned fun), but also, like you said, a combat-oriented character that is sarcastic as hell (he also has some amusing reactions to the sarcasm). My MC for A is a bit more team-oriented than not, but just barely. And she is stubborn as hell (also fun to play with A).

For M, I know most people love the shy characters with them, but I prefer bold. M is used to flustering everyone, so I like sticking them with someone who isn’t so flusterable (that’s not a word, but whatever). Sure, the MC I have with Mason can blush, but he’s gotta find the right buttons to push for that. And it’s fun sticking him with someone just as bold as he is, that he can’t scare, and will yell right back at him, while still not being turned off by his… colorful… personality. In fact, she likes it.

With F, I have someone who’s fun as hell, kinda like him but a bit more mature (and a decent balance between bold and shy, but leaning toward shy). So she can have fun with him but still ground him a bit. She’s not at all put off by him being critical (“You don’t like my clothes? Then take me shopping and help me pick out something we both like!”). That detective is laid back and happy, more of a team player, and finds Mason amusing, so much so that she’s best friends with him outside of Felix (Adam, however, annoys the hell out of her).

N was the hard one for me (at first, every detective I tried friendzoned him right off the bat), but I ended up finding the perfect detective in a previously abused, fun-loving but ass-kicking but romantically shy chick who, even if you piss her off, she’ll give you a chance and will eventually try to be friends with you. She wants to take care of everyone, so she fits with N in that, but she also ended up befriending Mason more than she did F or A (the one I have with A got only 6 friend points with M, and that was pushing it, lol). The key to N with me was putting someone shy with him. Bold with him just didn’t work for me as a reader.

BTW, welcome @Isabella_Taylor!

6 Likes

I think I made my detectives with specific things from the RO in mind, just one or two characteristics that really struck out to me and working off that

For N, I thought it’d be hilarious to have a v tech savy MC which is how Sienna came about, but she can be rigid to change like N is.
For F, I really just how lively they were and wanted someone to be able to match that sunshine bc there’s no such thing as too much sun, so Rido was that.
For M, I wanted someone who could match his fire but liked the slow progression of his romance, so Blaire was someone who could do that and wasn’t interested in returning any feelings initially either.
A was probably my hardest to figure out just because I struggled a lot with their route, but I always liked the idea of a detective who was as serious about their job like they were but operated in sort of ‘opposites’. Angela has resting bitch face and everyone assumes she’s mean, but she’s really friendly and cordial. A likes having a plan, Angela thinks rushing in will do.

5 Likes

oh man, it’s Friday! I can’t wait for some of these amazing questions and answers—

Oh sweet baby Jesus.

[voice breaking] Let’s just…let’s just focus on some Fluff Friday, yeah?

Me: “Can you afford it?”

Also Me: Her amber brown(?) gaze drops to the price tag. “Uh, no.”

Me again: “Then we’re not taking it.”

£2000!

“Oh,” Nate suddenly perks up. “I wonder what kind of silk it is—”

N A t e p l e a s e learn to spend money better, i beg of u

“You two better not be canoodling in there!” Adam’s harsh whisper interrupts.

GrANdPA aDAM

20 Likes

Will the Super Naturals in the Agency even get paid ? :-):thinking:

If they have a bank account, won’t it be weird if the banker realise such account is over 100 years old ?? And if the bank bankrupted long time ago, what happen to those money??

Sera explained it a while back, but the Agency has its own bank, so the extreme age of the account doesn’t really matter.

And Agents do get paid, and well if I remember correctly, but if their account accumulates too much wealth, then they have to donate it.

F: [slaps hand on table] Hello! Yes! I’d like to donate my extra money to the Ass Cancer!

N: [sputters] Rectal cancer!

M: And I would like to donate my money to the Tiddy Fund.

N: [sobbing] Breast cancer…

A: [pinches the bridge of their nose] Why? Why must you do this in the cafeteria? The Banking Department is on the other side of the… [groans and sighs]

19 Likes

Ahh, so it’s a Friday night and I’m off work. Time for some relaxing time here on the forums-

:neutral_face: … WHY. I did not ask for this!

An excited flutter makes me shift in my seat.

“Can you afford it?” Adam asks.

Her amber gaze drops to the price tag. “Uh, no.”

:broken_heart: sweet, sunny Farah should not be sad!
Note to self: start saving money to buy that scarf for dear Farah.

7 Likes

I am with @spunkycatninja in this one. You have stop, take a breath and relax. It would be best to play TWC with what you want your detective to do without second thought since for one, TWC is not like some other CoG or HG titles wherein you will not have a good ending with the RO of your choice if you didn’t make the requirement.

I would suggest to play this like a TV series or a novel instead of a video game. =)

13 Likes

ITS FINALLY FLUFF FRIDAY FOR F!?! THANK YOU, SERA!

Farah turns and winks at me. “Flatter me more, honey, and we’ll see where it leads.”

Farah buries her head into the crook of my neck and plants a gentle kiss there.

I stifle a moan.

“I do so love your soft spots,” she whispers.

Oh, ah, wow, that’s cough good stuff.

“You two better not be canoodling in there!” Adam’s harsh whisper interrupts.

“Canoodling?” Morgan scoffs. “Who the hell says ‘canoodling’ anymore? They’re much more likely—”

“Please hurry up!” Nate calls in desperation in order to cut off Morgan’s words.

DAD, YOU’RE EMBARRASSING ME.

20 Likes

This is a really great way of putting it! Part of the reason I made Wayhaven the way it is is because I get so focused on points or stats in games with them that’s all I end up focusing on instead of enjoying the game :smiley: I really wanted to make a story based more on choices than necessarily stats. Something where people get invested in the characters, story, and world rather than the mechanics.
Stats will come into play, but it’s not really in the sense of a wrong or right thing. It will just be different.
You might think it’s a bad outcome at the time, but later down the road it might bring up something unexpected or even good.
(Such as @spunkycatninja says, with Murphy biting you at end of Book One might seem bad, but it actually opens up some more intense moments with some LIs, so that’s good).

Wayhaven will definitely be more of an interactive fiction than a game, so I really, really hope people can get into the flow of playing it and just choosing what they like instead of worrying too much about stats! :slight_smile:

38 Likes