The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

I know I’m late on this but: While I do like A the best, I have to admit I really love F’s “protective” nature. They’re the only one’s who have faith in the mc and in one ask on tumblr someone asked what would UB do if the mc end up hurt and surviving but traumatized,F is the only who stayed with the mc and didn’t become more protective, they are also the only one’s who won’t get jealous if the mc interacted with someone whos attractive(bysides N but even they felt something). N,M, and A’s protective natures are great as well but sometimes you just need to trust someone.

8 Likes

Douglas and/or F @ Charlotte

24 Likes

I relate to this so much. My poor Detective. I will literally make her jump out of a window if it meant M would leap to her rescue lol. I’m such a sucker for those types of scenes.

she’ll be fine indeed in those strong vampire arms :eyes:

10 Likes

I want to know UB’s reaction (especially N’s) to a detective that has an overly exaggerated martyr complex.

N sips tea: Ugh. The waiter took so long the tea is almost cold…
MC gets up: No other choice then! I shall go there and demand a hot cup of tea even if it costs me my life! You will get your hot tea no matter what N! You deserve your hot tea and i will get you some even if it kills me! Here I go!
MC comes back with another cup of tea: Here you go! Enjoy! :relaxed:

8 Likes

I know this discussion is long gone, but I was reading through the thread and saw people’s theories of N’s race and I just wanted to throw in some of my thoughts

Summary

So at first my general instinct was the search up Natalie/Nathaniel to see where the name originated from, which doesn’t exactly prove someone’s origins (background, culture, religion), but then again there’s always a 7/10 chance it will. So I searched up Natalie and it said it was a Latin biblical name that was used in English, french and German so I thought that paired up with Sewell most certainly must mean that N is part English-but mixed with what? It could be German or French :thinking:. Theeeen I remembered that there’s still Nathaniel, but when I searched his name up- it said it was an original Hebrew name. That’s when I realized maybe the first name has nothing to do with origin at all? Because if that were the case then both N’s gendered names should have the same meaning right? After I deduced that I decided to only look at the last name- Sewell which was an old Englishman name, which again doesn’t prove N is part English, Sewell is quite exclusive to english culture meaning it isn’t really seen in other culture. Then I took into account that picture sera drew and the way she described N. Long/short dark wavy hair, brown eyes, and I forgot the skin color she used but judging by the picture it’s about a dark-ish olive skin tone. So putting all this together I’m gonna guess that N is half English and half Mediterranean of some sort. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’m just guessing like crazy I don’t even know man…But I cannot wait for us to figure this out in game!

8 Likes

So, uh, guys. I had a thought.

If we can agree that MC’s dad is most likely dead… How did he die? If it was a Supernatural related thing… what was MC told about his death?

10 Likes

Oh god, hypothetically speaking if the mc’s dad is dead and it was supernatural related I’m guessing the agency told Rebecca to tell mc some kind of elaborate lie? Or maybe Rebecca decided her self it was for the best and told mc some made up but realistic lie. I mean Rebecca has lied to mc their whole life about supernatural, so it wouldn’t surprise me if she didn’t tell the truth yet again for the good of her kid- or at least what she believes.

9 Likes

Couldn’t we just ask our mother regarding it?? :slight_smile:

Perhaps our “father” is Count Dracula or even an Angel ?? Could the MC is actually a Nephilim ? :-):thinking: Wait…wait, was it supposed to be that the Nephilim who married mortal woman on earth ??

1 Like

dunno…

I though the mc father is just gone…

like whatever…packed and started over elsewhere .

could he be an agent too ?

2 Likes

Honestly? I have no idea. There is so little information that I don’t know what to speculate…

I think of all the things I have come up with, the one I like the most is that the dad disappeared in a mission regarding supernaturals and the Agency left him for dead after certain time. Then, he will return for book 5 helping to keep the angst levels up and giving us an interesting plot.

5 Likes

Yeah, I just don’t think we have enough information to speculate all that much—at least I can’t think of anything, not since my last attempt at a dad theory was jossed by the revelation that Rebecca was already pregnant while she was with the Agency.

For all we know, dad was dead before the MC was even born. :cry:

5 Likes

Inhales, oh man, if the mc’s father makes an appearance and we get to talk to him or react, especially if the reason why he wasn’t present for most of mc’s life was a rather angsty reason, I dunno what I’ll do (but I’m really hoping we’ll get to meet him). Also wasn’t it stated that we will find out more about mc’s dad in book 2 :thinking:.

4 Likes

I say kill him! Or unleash the Vampire on him! :smiling_imp:

Thing is, hypothetically speaking, if his death was Supernatural Related then Rebecca couldn’t have told the MC the truth… but now that they know about the Supernatural World… will she? Because, I mean, that would be such a kick to the gut that Rebecca kept that from them, like the Supernatural world at large, yeah sure, but their father is more… personal, I guess?

Plus, I mean, what if he was killed by vampires?

9 Likes

all that delicious A and N angst because they hate being associated with monsters/inhumanity… :eyes:

10 Likes

Oof. That would be like the biggest plot twist ever. No one would have seen it coming…I mean, until now lol.

Double oof. I know a lot of people so far have just forgave Rebecca or are on edge but neutral with Rebecca because of her keeping the supernatural a secret, but if this ever happened, then yeesh. It won’t be pretty for many mc’s including some of mine.

2 Likes

I have a question, we know that the Rebecca was married to mc’s dad but do we know for sure they are divorced? Because most of the time that’s assumed but it’s actually a vital piece of info that could change our theories if you think about it… If the mc’s father and Rebecca are not divorced, this easily shines light on the theory of mc’s dad just leaving or walking out on Rebecca and mc, not getting a proper divorce. It also shines more light on the theory of mc’s dad dying, because when your spouse dies, you’re technically no longer married but most places won’t actually grant a pending divorce after the death of one spouse, since your partner dying logically ends the marriage so if this were Rebecca’s case, she would no longer be married to mc’s father but she wouldn’t have documented divorce papers either. Of course there is still the possibility that mc’s father and Rebecca divorced, and then mc’s dad dies but it would be narrowed down to those three possibilities if mc’s parents never actually divorced.

The reason I wouldn’t think of them being divorced or even having had a rocky marriage is the fact that Rebecca, even after all these years, still keeps her husband’s surname.

This, for me, is a sign that their marriage was good, and thus the only way it could have been dissolved is via death, or with him having gone missing.

16 Likes

I also don’t think they divorced–I can’t point to specific evidence but I do agree with the theories that he either died or went missing–but I would like to point out that after a certain amount of time, keeping her husband’s last name could’ve been a practicality issue rather than a sentimentality one. If in all her professional circles (and probably social circles too) she’s known by her husband’s last name, and if her child is already born and in the school systems under that last name, she’s probably used to it enough that the ease of keeping it outweighs how complicated it is to get your name changed, as well as that of your child. Divorcees who don’t go back to using their maiden names aren’t uncommon at all

5 Likes

I feel the same. There was also an ask related to this, and Sera said:

Rebecca has not been interested in a relationship since the MC’s father. She doesn’t feel a need for it and it’s not something she’d look for.

She’s only been in one relationship in her entire life and that was with the MC’s father :smiley:

While this doesn’t rule out the possibility that they might have had a divorce, to me, I feel that it seems that Rebecca loves (loved?) the MC’s dad a lot - so much so it was he was the one and only she’s ever had a relationship with.

8 Likes