The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

Welcome! And you do not have to be worried about your grasp on the English language, you are perfectly understandable.

I hope that you will have a great time joining in the conversation c:

So perhaps you would like to tell which of the vampires you like most?
Or what scene of the book had you on the edge of your seat?
Or mayhap you would like tell us something about your detective(s)?
Though if you do not want to do any, that is also fine, of course c: There is no need to feel obliged to anything at all.

1 Like
What’s the maximum amount of time your character can sit still with nothing to do?

Probably 30 secs (and this probably an overestimation) If she bored, she would just go shopping.

How easy is it for your character to laugh?

It depends. It is slapstick humour, she will just scoff and roll her eyes. It is witty, she probably laugh a little, before becoming serious again. If is dry and snide, she probably purse her lips and frown.

How do they put themselves to bed at night (reading, singing, thinking?)

She usually falls asleep quite easily. But if she can’t sleep, because she’s worried or depressed, she just pop a Valium and…*drifts off to sleep *. Did I mention she loves prescription drugs, every time she has a slight headache she just takes an Advil, or when she feeling slightly stressed she just pop a Xanax… and she often overdoses on the medications.

How easy is it to earn their trust?

Friends
I like to say it’s very easy to earn her trust… which is partly true. She doesn’t really trust people, but would act all nice and sweet around them. Someone would probably have to do something drastic, like take a bullet for her, in order to get her to trust you.

Lovers
Bobby really left a scar on her; it’s scary to let someone else into her world. So even if someone tells her “I love you”, she will still take it with a pinch of salt. I really don’t know how someone can break through her walls… maybe patiently talk about feelings with her, to the point where she actually breaks down and cry.

How easy is it to earn their mistrust?

Hmm, she doesn’t exactly mistrust people, she’s just not open about herself and her feelings when around other; she doesn’t want anyone to trample on her heart again. So the only possible way to earn her mistrust is to betray her trust or backstab her.

Do they consider laws flexible, or immovable?

She was a Law graduate, so it’s kind of become ingrained in her to follow laws.

What triggers nostalgia for them, most often? Do they enjoy that feeling?

Errr. does her first credit card counts? Yes. She hasn’t actually received any gifts from Rebecca that doesn’t feels like it’s a guilt gift, so the gifts don’t count for much.

Anyway, back to her first credit card. The credit card has long past its expiry date, but she went to have it framed. She loves it, a lot. It’s significance isn’t just the first time she felt happy, but also the first time that she felt truly independent.

What were they told to stop/start doing most often as a child?

Stop crying! (Does saying that ever work? *cries even harder *)
Start acting your age! (What does that even mean? She’s 10, and to the best of her knowledge, she is acting 10.)

Do they swear? Do they remember their first swear word?

Never. She finds swearing uncouth and boorish; she’s a very refined lady.

What lie do they most frequently remember telling? Does it haunt them?

Lie eh: “I’ll meet you shortly”.

Henriette: I’ll meet you in, say, 5 mins *simultaneously looking over at clothes rack, thinking “I definitely need that skirt, that dress, and that scarf… and oh, that bag, and those shoes”. *
… 3 hours later
Tina: Well, that was fast…
Henriette: I did say I will be there in 5 mins, you didn’t have to call every half hour. (> ͟ʖ<)

I’m pretty sure Henriette doesn’t even feel guilty about being late, I mean, she got her shopping done, which is what really matters anyway. (◔ᨓ◔)

How do they cope with confusion (seek clarification, pretend they understand, etc)?

Probably just the standard way: “Excuse me?”

How do they deal with an itch found in a place they can’t quite reach?

She’s actually very flexible, so I doubt there are places where she can’t reach.
But, if she does have itch she can’t quite reach: she’ll ignore it, try to get back to what she was doing, and hope that the itch just goes away.

What color do they think they look best in? Do they actually look best in that color?

White and maroon with flacks of gold; she also thinks she looks good in her little black dress.
White creates a beautiful counterpoint to her dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. Maroon enhances the color of her eyes and hair. Gold… she just likes it. Black is actually not her best option

What animal do they fear most?

Rats and cockroaches.
Refined as she is, when it comes to rats or cockroaches, she’ll just jump on a chair and scream wildly, totally not caring about her image. Which goes to show how much she fears those animals.

How do they speak? Is what they say usually thought of on the spot, or do they rehearse it in their mind first?

Definitely rehearse it in her mind first; the worst thing that can happen to her is sounding like an idiot.
Although, things change when it comes to Adam and Nate; when they show any signs of interest, she just utters the first thing in her mind without thinking because she’s just so nervous.

What makes their stomach turn?

Very gruesome scenes, like when she saw the second murder scene, she stumbled away and nearly retched.

Are they easily embarrassed?

Nope. Although again, things change when Adam or Nate comes onto her.

What embarrasses them?

Nothing. She always act appropriately for the occasion, so no embarrassing slip-ups.

What is their favorite number?

Because, you know, it marks the her favourite day of the week (Saturday). It’s also the highest number of the dice (which often lands on when she rolls a dice) so it’s a symbol of luck. It’s also the day of her birthday - 6 March.

If they were asked to explain the difference between romantic and platonic or familial love, how would they do so?

Henriette: You know, you should totally ask Tina about this. She’s an expert of such things. *turns and walks away quickly *

Why do they get up in the morning?

Because of her stupid alarm? She knows she needs to get to work, and she’s not one to shirk responsibility.
Also, the sweet aroma of coffee also wakes her up.

How does jealousy manifest itself in them (they become possessive, they become aloof, etc)?

She will pointedly ignore her partner, until he finally figures out what’s wrong… and tries to explain / apologise for the misunderstanding (I don’t know how that actually going to work, because her partner is never going to figure out anything unless she speak up, right?) He probably has to go on his knees and beg her to tell him what’s wrong.

How does envy manifest itself in them (they take what they want, they become resentful, etc)?

If she’s envious of someone, and it’s a material possession, she will just go shop (again!) for the item and try to buy a similar, or better, one than the one she saw.
(I’m actually not sure she knows how to deal with emotions)

Is sex something that they’re comfortable speaking about? To whom?

She doesn’t usually like to talk about her sex life; I mean, they are only one night stands which don’t really matter enough for her to talk about it.
She does speak to Tina (who lives vicariously through Henriette) about the terrible guys whom she slept with.

What are their thoughts on marriage?

She doesn’t believe in marriage. Perhaps if it’s lavish enough, she might actually show some interest.

What is their preferred mode of transportation?

Driving, preferably in a red Ferrari 488.

What causes them to feel dread?

Bobby, that disgusting little pest.
Even just hearing Bobby’s name is enough to make Henriette cringe.

Would they prefer a lie over an unpleasant truth?

At first, she will say she prefers a lie, because she really doesn’t want to deal with hurt and pain any more… but she will slowly realise that she just has to face the truth, that there’s no two ways about it, and finally relent and hear the unpleasant truth.

Do they usually live up to their own ideals?

Yes.

Who do they most regret meeting?

Isn’t this obvious?: Bobby.

Who are they the most glad to have met?

Tina and Versa… and perhaps, UB - who would take a bullet for her, so that’s probably enough to seal her trust.

Do they have a go-to story in conversation? Or a joke?

Henriette doesn’t initiate conversation, she just goes along with flow. But if she had to break the ice, it would be something acerbic like:
Henriette: I flirted with disaster last night. *looks at phone * Now disaster won’t stop texting me… *groans * Ugh, what should I do?
(And, you know, it may actually be true, given all the guys she been with.)

Could they be considered lazy?

Probably not. She always active; she either at work, or shopping, or chilling at a bar.

How hard is it for them to shake a sense of guilt?

I’m not sure Henriette would feel guilty about anything. It’s not like she repressing it or anything, it more like she hasn’t done anything wrong, so why the feeling of guilt.
She probably feel some guilt after a shopping spree, but since the things she bought are “very necessary”, I’m not sure if she would feel guilty for long.

How do they treat the things their friends come to them excited about? Are they supportive?

She’ll try to be excited about it, though not sure if she can rake up enough emotion to show her excitement. But she will definitely try to support her friends.

Do they actively seek romance, or do they wait for it to fall into their lap?

She waits for it to fall into her lap, back then and now. Tbh, she doesn’t actually know how to seek romance; she does know how to flirt, but just doesn’t go beyond that.
It’s strange because she’s still a romantic at heart; she used to believe in fairytale romance and Prince Charming and happily ever afters, but after her high school bf and Bobby, she just doesn’t even do romance anymore.
Well, let’s see if Adam and Nate can win her heart.

Do they have a system for remembering names, long lists of numbers, things that need to go in a certain order (like anagrams, putting things to melodies, etc)?

She can’t for the life of her remember names or numbers, but she remember concepts (i.e. logical things) perfectly.
She’s also a musician so melodies are very easy for her to catch and remember, she would absent-mindedly hum melodies that she has heard.

What memory do they revisit the most often?

The time when both her parents had brought her to Fiji. It was one of those rare occasions where both her mom and dad were around. And that meant a lot to her.

How easy is it for them to ignore flaws in other people?

Very easily, She believe that they are their own person, and that can choose how they want to lead their lifes.
She does really dislike it when people swear though (*looks at Mason *), but will try to ignore it.

How sensitive are they to their own flaws?

Henriette: But I’m perfect - what flaws are you talking about?
That probably sums it all

How do they feel about children?

Eek, no. Just no. She won’t even babysit for extra pocket money. She thinks children are noisy, annoying little brats, who should be seen and not heard.
(Sigh, don’t forget you were a child once too, Henriette.)

How badly do they want to reach their end goal?

End goal? I’m not sure she even has one. She pretty much lives her life que sera sera.

If someone asked them to explain their sexuality, how would they do so?

Henriette: *with a reluctant frown * I’m straight. Period.
She doesn’t exactly like talking about her sexuality - not because she’s embarrassed about it, but more like she just… private.
Although, if it was someone of a similar sex propositioning her, she’ll probably be a bit more tactful about it - she doesn’t to hurt their feelings.

What kind of label would your MC give their RO/relationship with their RO? Or… rather, I guess, how would they introduce their RO as their romantic partner? “This is RO, my __________.” If that makes sense?

This is deep in the relationship, I guess? (I need to do one for Adam and Nate, to be fair)
Henriette: This is Adam, my beloved.
Henriette: This is Nate, my darlin’.
Or if she was in a playful mood:
Henriette: This is Adam/Nate, my Mr. Perfect.

Has your MC surprised you in any way? Like… by developing a trait or something that you hadn’t intended, but you decided to run with it?

Hmm… I didn’t intent for Henriette to be such a floozy and have such a nonchalant attitude to life. I wanted her to be this serious stoic detective who is just focused on work; but then I met Adam, and I so didn’t want her to wind up like him.

5 Likes

Thank you!
With great pleasure!
My main detective is Anna Bryce.

Summary

She is friendly, charming, impulsive and stubborn. And she is pretty much a smartass. So it’s no surprise that she constantly argues with Adam. They drive each other crazy,buuuut… Well.That is love :wink: (Although in fact I can not decide: Adam or the love triangle.I can`t help it - just give me more angst :speak_no_evil:)
She easily gets along with people and has a great sense of humor.
“Helping people and annoying them are what I am best at!” (с) Detective Bryce
She has a tense relationship with her mother, but still loves her mom and at the end of the book 1 tries to fix it.
Bobby is her ex. A very annoying ex. She’s still angry about this part of her past.
Tina is almost a sister to detective. Vega - is really caring Dad, and Douglas is like a little brother.

As for the favorite scene… There are a lot of them! patrol with Adam. Conversation with Adam in the Agency. Scene with Nate and Adam when the detective fainted from losing blood…And pretty much every scene with Adam :drooling_face:

For a long time I had one scene in my head.
Imagine: the RO is badly wounded in the battle and he/she urgently needs blood, and besides the detective there are no people nearby. The detective offers his blood, but the Agent categorically refuses. How would your detective react?

Summary

Anna will be in a rage. :rage: If Adam voluntarily does not want to drink her blood, she will cut her lip and kiss him. I think he will not have time to understand what she’s up to :smirk:…

2 Likes

Your detective sounds lovely! And welcome to the thread!

Blaire

Blaire would be pissed the fuck off if that serious of a situation. One of the things about Blaire is that he trusts Mason’s capabilities and while he worries, he knows he can take care of himself and leaves him be. So if the situation was dire enough that it resorted to this, his concern would quickly default to rage because nothing is changing and he isn’t getting better. He’d be spewing a lot of curses, mainly at whoever injured Mason and Mason himself for being so stubborn. There would be a lot of, “We don’t fucking have time for this!!” and “Just drink the damn blood!! I’ll deal with the consequences later, just for god’s sake let me take care of you.” If Mason continued to resist, Blaire might resort to either breaking the stuff around them to have some form outlet for his rage/concern while he was forced to wait for backup or threaten to hurt himself anyways if Mason didn’t drink his blood. There’d also be very, very reluctant acceptance of Mason’s refusal and this, “If you let this do you in, I’ll genuinely kick your ass from the grave.”

Sienna

Sienna would be torn what to do, she would want to help Nate but she can’t force him if he doesn’t want to. She would be downright begging for Nate to reconsider, probably in tears about it too. She’s not combat heavy at all, so she’d feel awful at not being able to help out in any other way. If Nate continues to resist, Sienna would try to reason with him that he wouldn’t even need to drink a lot just enough to heal him or try to bargain with him. Most likely to call the rest of UB and/or Agency for back up and hate time for being so slow.

1 Like

Firstly welcome. It’s always a pleasure to have new members contribute to the forum.

I’m assuming this is deeper in the relationship?

That deep in a relationship, Henriette would definitely panic. She won’t know what to do in the situation. So she will just break down and cry - it will be a very ugly crying - begging “please” to her RO (Adam/Nate).

https://hips.hearstapps.com/ell.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/15/01/480x309/54a78ad77197d_-_ugly_crying_21.gif?resize=768:*

Henriette isn’t good at dealing with such feelings from herself; she has never experienced a love so great, and yet, being incapable of helping her RO. She has always been very confident of her abilities, but this situation will totally catch her off-guard, and leave her baffled.

Thank you! That really kind of you :blush:

Now I feel guilty for bringing this up :speak_no_evil:
I’m no artist, but I could not resist and create our beloved boys in SIMS 4.
I’ll just leave it here.

Summary

8 Likes
under the cut

Alex/lilith: they would be mad as hell , they probably try to fight the villain themselves(which would get them both killed.)
Jean: same as Alex/lilith.
Michael/Michaela: would think it’s a joke and start crying when realizing its not, then they’ll probably do an whole speech thing that would probably make the villain regret there decisions ,so they could escaped.(although it might not work.

Also welcome to the thread and i like your oc!(how do you guys make your ocs so interesting) (and a little off topic but are you using custom content in those pictures?)

Impressive list of questions about MC!
Some of the questions are REAL good one, this can be a formal ‘check-list’ for writter to collect player feedbacks from the game. Great job~:laughing:

My detective would definitely get mad at the RO (actually, it wouldn’t even need to be their love interest, Alex would act pretty much the same at any UB member, if my mc can help in some way then they will) and insist offering their blood, reaching the point of even forcing their arm or neck into the vampire’s mouth (I don’t remember, they do take blood in this classic way, right? lol they’re so modern I sometimes forget what they can or can’t do). They’d say something as “you do KNOW that my body will produce more later, right?! I’m damn sure you can take a liter to yourself”. If even so the vampire refused, then Alex would really panic and start screaming and looking around even knowing they’d hardly find anything that could help them.

1 Like

Oh, stop! You make me blush! :blush:

Summary

Just default replacements for skintons and eyes. Everything else from the original game

Well they do have fangs. lol
Which of the vampires is RO for your detective?

Damn. Now I’m wondering how ROs will react to actions of our detectives in this situation.

whispers
thx y’all for answering those repeat questions, lol. It’s always super neat and quite a treat to read about all your different MCs. I wish I could formulate my thoughts on them better than just -staring adoringly-…

And imma make it a point to hit the old thread and hunt down the answers from the first time.

ahem Onward!

First of all, welcome to the party, pal.

second of all...an answer

I’m assuming that this is while said battle is still going and not after a skin-of-the-teeth victory? Because, with the latter, homeboy’d be mildly annoyed but would also try and make things more comfortable for Adam while he healed. Lol, he’d fuss over him like crazy, actually.

Since is likely the former, though. Oliver would be pissed. Incredibly pissed. Doubly no, TRIPLY so if Adam’s crazy wounded because he was obviously protecting Oliver. Which… yeah. So… super incredibly pissed. He’d also be extremely worried and that would mix with the pissed and things would be fun. But he’d spring up and do his absolute damnedest to distract the enemy’s attention for as long as he could so that Adam could heal up at least a little - “and then you get the fuck out of here. Because if you somehow end up dying for me, you absolute fucking idiot, I will have no qualms about killing you.”

Of course, if massive blood loss arrested the healing factor enough… he’d be far more insistent --desperate-- while trying to get Adam to drink “just one fucking drop, for the love of Christ.” But he’d never force anything.

1 Like

I am glad my questions did not bother you c:

The love triangle is actually battling for first place in your list?! You brave soul… Dear lord… You certainly love your angst, don’t you?

Oh dear… That would definitely aggravate Lorelei (my detective) and she would glare in silence at her lover until the panic would break through her anger and she would start begging and pleading with her lover to take her blood. At some point taking a sharp object and slicing the palm of her hand to spread the scent of her blood through the room, hoping that this could bribe the vampire.

Lovely Sims-faces! It is always fun to be creative and to see others show their creativity! c:
Did you know that we have a fanart forum for the Wayhaven Chronicles? We post all our fanworks there, so that the fanwork can be easily tracked down and to keep it all a bit more organised in this discussion forum. Here is a link to the fanart forum!
I am saying this for future reference c: You do not have to change anything, you put the Sims-faces under a cut, after all.

4 Likes

N. Nat, actually :yum: I tried to play a F(elix) route but I barelly could end it. F reminds me a lot of an ex-friend so it felt strange to me. So my mc and F are just bff lol besides that, it was so hard to pick Felix instead of Nat even on my replay, all I wanted was her, haha :'D

1 Like

Hi @Anny_Cat! Welcome! Your English is very good, so don’t worry about that. I’m glad you decided to join the conversation!

That isn’t good at all! She needs to learn more constructive ways to deal with problems, like training until she can’t move or punching boards until her knuckles are bloody. :expressionless:

Yet another reason it would be amusing to put Henriette and Dezh in situations together. Make them go shopping… all Dezh buys is black (except for sleep shirts, which she buys in the men’s department and will buy in dark red or dark green, and black).

Dezh: If Mason was stupid enough to refuse it and he was injured, she’d knock him in the head, cut herself, and force her blood down his damned throat. She wouldn’t put up with that crap. And if he complained after he was better, she flick him off, tell him to get over it, and say if he doesn’t want it to happen again, don’t get his stupid ass hurt anymore because she’d do the same thing a thousand times over.

Nyx would actually attempt to reason with Adam by telling him he has a responsibility to the team, as its leader, to do whatever it takes to get better because he’s useless while he’s hurt. If that didn’t work, she’d cut herself and force it in his mouth.

Wolfe would ask, then beg, Nate to take her blood. If that still failed (and it was deep into the relationship), she’d play the “if you cared about me, you’d accept this” card.

Jax: “C’mon Felix, you know you want it. Just drink it and I’ll buy you another stuffed unicorn. Or I’ll just cut myself and wave it in your face. You know you can’t resist it!”

You did a great job on them!!

1 Like

Well yeah… My first route was like:

Summary
  • OMG! Who do you think you are, Du Mortain?! I’m in charge of this investigation!:rage:
  • Oooh… Nate, you are too sweet for this world. Sweet and suave… :hugs:
    And than again with Adam:
  • Why are you so damn stubborn?! Damn, i just wanna smack your face, and then kiss you, and then… well… show you all the love you deserve :smirk:

So yeah… i do not regret anything… yet

Thanks! Just what i need.

I feel you! I’m in the same situation with Adam. F just too “brotherly” for me and they are actually quite alike with my detective . Besides I like too much when he teases Adam. :relieved:

Thank you! If I did not join the discussion today I would explode from overflowing emotions :sweat_smile:
You`re all precious cinnamon rolls :innocent:
Little off topic

Summary

where are you from guys?

2 Likes

Keiji is “romancing” Mason, Jay’s romancing Ava, Tanwen’s romancing Nat and Val’s romancing Felix! which,, you’ll also be able to see in the next question but listen, now it’s a nice and convenient overview

Edit: now that i remembered the love triangle exist, i should mention that i’m also putting Tanwen through the love triangle (where she’s going to eventually choose Nat)

Val wouldn’t give Felix a choice. They’d bite the inside of their cheek so he wouldn’t be able to see it and call them out on what they were about to do then kiss him, leaving him no choice about it. They’re not risking him, not like this, and if they have to lie to him to save him that’s what they will do.

Tanwen would already be in tears but at Nat’s refusal she’d be crying so hard she could barely speak. She’d beg Nat to please, please, let her do something let her help, but if Nat categorically refuses Tanwen wouldn’t force her.

Jay… (for people here who like dnd, i just got back from playing Jay’s DnD self in his campaign and he killed a dragon~~) *coughs* anyway. Jay would try to reason with Ava and argue pragmatics then if she continued to refuse to see that this is the best option, goddammnit Ava, he’d get angry. If her injuries are bad enough to the point of passing out he’d make her drink his blood anyway, but only if it came to that point

I’m not actually sure about Keiji! He’s a slippery bastard

The Netherlands!

1 Like

Surprisingly, the love triangle route is pretty popular. I did this poll and people who like the LT route were 35%! granted only 63 people voted, but still

Apparently the LT players are kind of shy? :joy:

Poll results

That does surprise me. I can’t stand love triangles, as it’s a way overused trope and they’re very rarely written well. But I suppose if anyone could write an enjoyable triangle it would be Sera!

Can’t say I’ll ever go the triangle route for any of my detectives. I’ll just stick with the standard A romance :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i was very skeptical of the love triangle route myself as i usually hate them, but I wanted to try it just to see because I also didn’t think I was gonna like A or M and Sera sure done did pulled that off as well

and now i’m resigned to suffering

2 Likes
Alice and Adam

Alice would tell him to get his head out of his ass and if he still refused, she’d roll up her sleeves and get up to defend him with her life. For two reasons, to show him how recklessly foolish he was being by saying no and therefore putting them both in danger and also because it would be her last resort. Further along in the relationship I think Alice would cut her own arm off to keep what happened in the murphy situation from happening again, where Adam ends up unconscious in a pool of his own blood.

Emma and Nate

Part of me thinks that Nate wouldn’t argue too much because he seems to be the most willing to accept help, but if he did, Emma would reason with him and try to get him to understand that she needed him to be able to defeat whatever villain they were facing. If it was still a no go, Emma would know by now that Nate’s bloodlust is a bit stronger than the others and cut open her hand, forcing it in his face. This would only be the last straw though because she would hate to use that against him.

Luca and Morgan

Short of panicking, Luca would try to guilt trip her into doing it. Basically pull out the ‘if you don’t do this, we’re over’ card. And he would mean it too which would hopefully motivate Morgan enough

And welcome to the party btw XD

1 Like