The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

I understand and agree… Still my personality is different from most of people here . I am more a person of action, To do something about what makes my people suffering. I am not good at remain sit and listen. I have to helping to get stuff done. So romantic stuff is too much do nothing. I want act express my emotion and help them.
So I don’t see the angst were most of you see it. I see a wall to destroy or a enemy to conquer

2 Likes

That’s perfectly fine, however this is a romance novel by the ever so angsty Sera…I mean there’s still going to be action scenes like with murphy, but wayy more romance scenes aswell as learning and connecting more with each of unit bravo. You don’t have to romance them if you don’t want to, you can still share platonic love, although it won’t be as fleshed out.

You can do something about it! Well, I mean I’m sure there will be different ways to react to hearing each backstory, for example you may be able to comfort them, or lift their spirits, assure them that things will get better ect…
As for ACTUALLY doing something more physical, these angsty stories will be of unit bravo’s past, so I don’t think we’ll be able to fix stuff like that as it’s in the past. You may still be able to help them though, I don’t really know since I’m not the creator, but yeah, in general this is a romance based game, so prepare for going on a roller coaster of angst and love. This may not be your kind of story, but if I were you I’d stick with it for a couple more books. I myself, was always reluctant to read romance based cyoa, until I came across this piece of genius. This is only book 1/7 so we’ve only had a taste of whats to come (ALSO KNOWN AS THE DREADED BOOK 5 :pleading_face:)

10 Likes

Sorry for the interruption, but angst is not really the same as Angst in germany, is it? Would someone be so kind, as to explain how it differs from normal fear or anxiety what would be the normal translation, for Germans^^

1 Like

No I love reading the stuff. Is only I don’t see The angst anywhere. lol. Still I am a support Pc that is there to give a hug even if doesn’t understand what Is happening in the head ofhis friends and or love interest. You don’t always understand people you love Still you always be there forthem

2 Likes

Same goes for me, sometimes a person just needs to jump into a vampire’s fictional arms, and fall in love, cuz

Summary

hqdefault%20(1)

17 Likes

Ohh, I can imagine how confused you are.
Angst that we are talking about, is more related to how saddening and painful drama takes place in a story, here’s a solid definition I found. By solid I mean one that makes sense.
Angst : Means the story is a bit dark and depressing.
Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

4 Likes

Usually a deeper sadness than sadness. The kind that almost physically aches. (That’s my definition anyway…)

2 Likes

You know, I see this and all the comments about angst and kinda laugh at the irony of it all, especially since I was constantly berated for pointing out that it’ll take five books or more to make any progress in relationships with M or A. I mean, I know there will be some sort of crap that comes out about them that will show their miserable pasts, but IMO, the hugest chunk of angst with their routes is just how bloody long it takes for either of them to give enough of a damn about the MC to stop being so hostile. With A refusing to give into feelings he supposedly already has and M sporadically using the MC as a fucktoy until he suddenly decides he has any feelings in the final couple of books in the series, it’s just misery for the sake of misery.

But so much for “this is a lighthearted story that’s an escape from the real world,” huh? More like, “here’s the knife I’ll use to cut your heart out one millimeter at a time, but don’t worry, there’ll be moments that are happy here and there, haha!”

And it says something that F’s route–which is pitched as the lightest route of all and ‘easiest’ for those who want something real before the series ends–is going to be that bad. It makes me dread M and A’s routes, since they’re well more than twice as miserable as F’s and little more than a constant tease with no satisfaction in sight.

I honestly don’t see how you LT people do it, unless you just hate one of the characters and like bathing in their misery, a’la @Hannah_Minger’s mom!

Hell, maybe that’s the secret to it and she’s onto something! If that’s the goal, then the LT would be the best route of all, since the others are going to be constant angst for the MC. In that light, it actually sounds kinda fun!

3 Likes

This. This right here.
original

5 Likes

What My pc with A will ended is having lovers everywhere , I mean I am not a Nun and the guy doesn’t say anything about a relationship with hell I will find the banging elsewhere. I understand if he needs time But we aren’t even in a relationship at all. I am not the type that waits with web in the body to the male figure out how his feelings works. A could thinking few years while I have not attached relationship for fun… If He someday figures out I will stop and be committed to him and giving him time… Until them Mara with A is free to have fun

Honestly, even with all the talk there’s been, I highly doubt it’s going to be really that bad. I mean… let’s look at the dreaded Book 5, if that’s supposed to be angsty then having all the other books being super depressing and sad won’t make that book stand out.

If Book 1 is an indication of what we are going to get then, yeah, there’s dark elements but its not going to be misery for the sake of misery. I don’t think Sera is out to make us all depressed and miserable, this is supposed to be fun, and angst can be fun as as long as there’s a light at the end of the tunnel.

Just because we won’t get to the dating stage with M or A for awhile it doesn’t mean it’s going to be a horrible experience. Most dating sims END with that first kiss, the fact that we get to experience what happens afterwards is exciting! And, I mean, M and A already clearly care about the MC…

I think we should ask Sera for “Drama” levels for each route too. I think Dramatic might be a better word than “Angsty.”

Edit: SIDE NOTE I NEED TO KNOW FLUFF LEVELS NOW. I bet M’s is a soild 10.

30 Likes

I don’t consider looking to my eyes a really good reason to become a nun and wait a guy figure out if he has feelings about me or if he is just a friend. Another thing is if he is in a romantic but not physical relationship that is something I can respect and understand and maintain. But so far all I heard is he will not say anything until half decade or Mara is a grandma Seriously Mara won’t stop having fun until he finally got a idea of what feels are.

Who says taking time to figure out your feelings for someone or getting to know them better makes you a nun?

11 Likes

If you can’t wait, perhaps F and N are more suited for Mara. :thinking:

Maybe it depends on each individual, I always like the journey when reading romance heavy CoG like this rather the end result.

6 Likes

He hasn’t say anything Mara has no idea about him all she knows he is a friend. Mara has sexual desires so she will act accordingly

What romance? He hasn’t say anything do anything or express anything… He doesn’t know so where romance is?

1 Like

From the way I read A, they know that they have feelings for the MC but they are in denial about it and trying to repress it unlike N who always act on their feelings.

11 Likes

In character, I can’t think My pc will wait because the guy doesn’t give clues. Another great possibility is if him show any jealousy if Mara go out with humans that would be interesting.

Hmm. Well first off, it’s not that A doesn’t desire or is incapable of sexual pleasure, they just haven’t felt it for a hella long time and A is demi, so they won’t feel any of that until they form a strong emotional connection.
Second, A’s romance is very slow burn. It will take a while for them to actually come out and say that they have feelings for mc. But their feelings are still there and we will still get to experience heavy romance scenes with them. I get it though, it can be a little frustrating to have A soft for one moment then closed off the next, but it does keep things interesting and it’ll be worth the wait. If that isn’t your cup of hot coco, thats totally cool, like @resuri08 said, maybe F and N is more your style.

13 Likes

All of you aren’t understanding my point. I am not talking as person player. I am talking about ROLE-PLAY.

Mara that have feeling for A . And think A is not interested. She probably will move out due the guy acts like zero interest. I want to know how he will react to a Pc that would go out with humans and have open casual relationship.

Edit I as player knows how ot goes lol. My character doesn’t I am not my character

1 Like