The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

Sera…
giphy%20(1)

12 Likes

Sera. W h a t. D i d. Y o u. D o.

15 Likes

ezgif-4-d02e219c7c

17 Likes

That scene is -20 angst lol Is all less angst

1 Like

Really? Because I find the idea of F not having anywhere to call home heartbreaking.

Maybe I only think this because it hits closer to home, but it’s really…really angsty to me in a good way of course, because it reminds of the alienation I felt when I was depressed.
Even when I was surrounded by friends, people I could almost call family, it wasn’t the same. Your home, your sense of stability, it’s gone, and you feel adrift in life, and you latch onto anything to make you feel better, or that seems to understand how you feel.
You want it, you want this companionship, but it’s so hard to maintain.

I can’t imagine what it must feel like, getting so attached to the Detective, as a friend, let alone as a lover, only to know that the stability will be gone in just a few months, they’ll be assigned somewhere else and they’ll never see each other again—wow that turned into an N manifesto, shit.

29 Likes

whyyyyyyyy?? why would you do this??

10 Likes

sniff i second this statement×100

2 Likes

sobs. Can I make this better? :cry:

[set before UB is due to leave]

The detective hands F a scrapbook. As F opens it, their eyes widen as they flip through the pages. The scrapbook contains photos the detective had taken with UB. F traces a finger over the solo one they had taken with the detective tenderly. They smile at the drawings the detective had done of them and Wayhaven. At the scrawled notes from their cases together. At the quotes from each one of them the detective had apparently found memorable.

Just as a single teardrop falls, vanishing silently on a precious page of the book, F feels a comforting hand on their shoulder and hears a familiar, gentle voice.

“F? No matter where you are, and no matter where you go, you’ll always have a home right here in Wayhaven. And even if you can’t be home, a piece of home will always be with you.”

23 Likes

I mean he has a job, good friends and colleagues and is respected. He has made a great job after all he go through. I see it as a positive attitude towards it. All depends entirely how you see it. I see it as how great he is and how he is kicking ass and he would made a home for him here.

But Lol I am not romantic so all of your responses are hilarious for me lol.

In the good way don’t get angry to me

1 Like

That’s true, and that definitely makes me feel better, but nobody in the story knows that Unit Bravo will be assigned to permanently watch over Wayhaven, which is the sad part.

I was talking about in terms of friendship, not even romancing them.

The idea that these characters don’t have a place to call home is just very sad to me and I feel for them. They may not exist, but I know what they must be feeling and I can’t help it if I empathize with them.

And then I just get worried af because jesus christ if that wasn’t even that angsty how am I gonna survive the rest of the books? I’m so attached to these dumb vampires, damn it.

15 Likes

And she herself is selling the torches lol

4 Likes

For me home is were my family go. He has rebeca and his team as family. Home is wherever they go. So the fact he has no his own building to pretend be human is like meh… That’s not the important.

I can’t help to :roll_eyes: about all that angst drama I am imaging All of you and Team dressed in Victorian clothing Reacting like an Exaggerated caffeine driven Scarlet O hara…

OHHH F YOU ALWAYS HAVE A HOME IN MY HEART… and then all of you ended up kissing the floor because emotions… While Mara is playing video games.

3 Likes

I mean, that’s a fair opinion to have but F has said themselves that they don’t feel that way. They want the stability that a physical place provides. I really feel for F. After what they’ve been through I can’t blame them for wanting whatever stability they can find in their lives, they’ve already had their home ripped away from them once…

16 Likes

Yeah, I suppose What I do In real life is offer him live with me or find his own home near. He is my buddy So he will have a new home and We will play video games and see films together. Less angst and MORE MOVE ASS TO FIND YOU A HOME…

1 Like

I mean, I don’t think with their job at the Agency they could really settle down in a place of their own. F does have to work and sometimes that work means they need to travel, and if they didn’t work at the Agency they would probably still have to move every few years so people don’t get suspicious about why their neighbor never ages.

2 Likes

Then why he cries for a home? I just don’t understand I am just there giving him moral support… But no understanding absolutely nothing I am just to weird or something

Sometimes moral support is all someone needs. Plus, F’s character arc might be them learning on their own at they don’t need a physical place to call home and that Unit Bravo and the MC are their home. If that’s the case we have to start with them wanting that. If there was no conflicts and they were all just perfect that wouldn’t be interesting.

14 Likes

On a…lighter note. Picture F’s first encounter with a bee. Or a wasp.

Were they calm? Did they freak? Did they just talk to it for a couple hours?

9 Likes

We all just really, really care about these characters. I obviously don’t speak for everyone on this but-- a lot of us don’t get much positive interaction with people on a daily basis. These characters are genuinely like my friends… so the idea of them hurting in anyway really sucks.

But I dont think that’s a bad thing. I’m glad I’ve found people I can worry with. :slight_smile:

22 Likes
F, probably:

download%20(4)

I wholeheartedly agree with this <3

12 Likes