The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

O m i goodness that is so A, they act like they don’t enjoy human interaction, which is fairly true but damn we all know they’re looking for an excuse to just scoop the mc up in their arms.

8 Likes

Ohhh, this is something I’m interested in writing in the actual book (Book Two, most probably :wink: )

-insert Heavy Breathing gif here-

I am so ready for Rebecca to wreck Bobby’s shit oh my god.

28 Likes

Dear lord… I fear for Bobby’s wellbeing. At the end of the series, Bobby will be nothing more than dust at this rate…

On a whole different, much merrier, note:

I was reminded of this fantastic Tumblr and saw a few beautiful and/or hilarious ‘incorrect quotes’ as the writer likes to call them:

Detective: Hey, how do you want your coffee?
M: As dark and bitter as my soul.
Detective: One glass of milk, please.

Detective: ordering a cake
Staff: And what would you like the cake to say?
Douglas, whispering to the Detective: Do we want a talking cake?

Bobby, as M is walking away: What an ass
Detective, sighing and staring at M’s ass: I know

something breaks
MC: Ahhh, fuck me
M: appears

Someone: dies
Detective: Press f to pay respects.
Detective: pokes F

I could continue copying and pasting late into the night, but I have to get a little bit of sleep. Anyway, I can recommend this blog to anyone in need of a smile.

24 Likes

The talking cake one always gets me :joy:

3 Likes

Ahhh, that one is my personal favorite!

13 Likes

insert meme: ah, i see you are a woman of culture as well

3 Likes

One more.

18 Likes

This is seem to be a popular theme to do. I remember reading this in regards to Alistair of the DA series. :joy:

3 Likes

Alistair is perfect same as Cullen so don’t dare suggest… :wink: Alistair is not an ass but is certainly a hot cynical royal bastard. I could be laughing hours with his banters and stuff… Romance itself… Is too sugary until I finally can hardened him Then he became less romantic and bolder and more mature

1 Like

That last one is just plain mean–not funny. I just don’t understsnd how berating a character or person like that is considered funny.

12 Likes

Hmmm. I think that, F’s character in general isn’t stupid, they’re just still not used to how some of this world works, like how this person put “what kind of animal is the Pink Panther?”, it’s a very F thing to ask because they are just uneducated on some of this worlds ecosystem. Doesn’t mean they’re dumb or stupid. Just like how N struggles with tech sometimes. I think that the joke made, wasn’t much directed to F, I mean yeah it was making fun of F, but lighthearted as people make fun of all the characters at one point or another. I agree that the word choice was a little harsh but this stuff is all just joking around. Like how people make fun of M being a closed off asshole or N and their inability to use technology (memes) and A and their closed off self. It’s all fan jokes.

7 Likes

I was taken aback when I first read the last line. It’s true that it was a mean. :thinking:

7 Likes

Depends on how you take it. The way I first read it, it just seemed like F was playing dumb.

F: leans against the door frame with a smirk “So detective…What kind of animal is the Pink Panther?”

8 Likes

Yeah I gotta say, they could have said something like:
Detective: I’m proud to identify as morosexual. I’m attracted to dumbasses and dumbasses exclusively.
Farah: What kind of animal is the Pink Panther?
Detective, already taking off their clothes: Farah, I love you
Which is still funny, but more subtle and not straight out being rude.

9 Likes

I think it’s actually a reference to a tumblr post, actually!
Edit: found it!

So they’re not being mean to farah it’s just the direct quote lol

16 Likes

I don’t really think it’s berating, as @Dagger1819 says, it depends how you interpret it. I call my friends stupid all the time and they call me dumb sometimes. I think this one of those times where the person isn’t serious, just messing around with RO.
Edit: Oh well then that makes sense lol @StarlitOpal

12 Likes

Here’s one for all of them just to be fair. (I’m just joking around, lol, I don’t actually mean this stuff)

M

mc does something affectionate
M: what kind of foreplay is this?
mc taking off clothes (only to find M removing their clothing also): M you’re so fucking stupid

A

mc: A, let’s just spar for fun, I wouldn’t want either of us to get hurt
A: Pffft, I know your trying to get my guard down, what kind of trickery is this?..
mc throwing gear on the floor and taking off clothes: A you’re so fucking stupid

N

mc: And you click the big red circle to take a picture
N: Alright…But how do I open this “camera” application?
mc laughing and taking off clothes: N, you’re so fucking stupid

9 Likes

I’m just gonna bow out of this. It’s just mean, no matter how I look at it. Calling characters a moron and stupid when they’re not is not my thing.

@Mewsly I want a Bobby vs Bravo scene soooooo bad!

10 Likes

More from the tumblr here!

N

I would have loved to see N’s reaction when this happened!

Detective: I didn’t drink that much last night.
Tina: You were flirting with N.
Detective: So? We’re married.
Tina: You asked them if they were single.
Tina: And cried when they said no.

M

Poor M, oblivious detective

M: I like your shirt.
Detective: Thanks, it was 50% off.
M: I’d like it 100% off.
Detective: The store can’t just give out free stuff.
M: That’s not what I-
Detective: That’s a terrible way to run a business, M.

A

Sneaky F. I like

A: The detective and I do not have pet names for each other.
F: Mmhmm. …What do bees make?
A: Honey.
Detective, from the other room: Yes, dear?
F: Don’t you ever lie to my face again.

F

F is me, everyday.

F: Oh my god, I need an adult.
F:
F: Wait. Shit. I’m an adult.

Douglas

Would be even funnier if this happened in front of UB.

Douglas: Can I ride my skateboard outside?
Detective: I’m not your parent what do I care?
Douglas runs off
Detective (shouting): NOT IN THE STREET!

Bonus: Bobby

Snarky detective ftw!

Bobby: I met a real dumbass today
Detective: You looked in the mirror?
Bobby: Someday you will have to answer for your crimes and God will not be so merciful

21 Likes

How do you take excerpts from a post like that? I found a few I wanted to share but I don’t know how to grab the excerpts like that? :sweat_smile:

1 Like