The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

God, I’m just thinking they day people playing the love triangle has something like:

In that moment I realised something that wasn’t clear until this very moment, the one that is always in my mind, the one that is always in my heart, the one I want to be with is…

• N
  • A

I would rather die than make that choice.

14 Likes

Well let me just spin the angst-o-meter and say that falls on a solid 2/10

[cleans horn-rimmed glasses] whip out the blackboard we need some kinda equation to calculate this

6 Likes

I was thinking anywhere from 1-3, because you’re right. It’s a fixable issue, and while incredibly heartbreaking in many ways, it’s not, like, rip-your-heart-out-and-make-you-sob-into-ice-cream depressing “Stay with me.”.

I was thinking that breaking the news to Garret’s mother would be about a 4-5. Any thoughts?

6 Likes

Oh I would put that at a 7 because she was so heartbroken.

I mean, we never hear anything about Garret’s father… that was her only family… she’s alone now.

Edit: who you bring with you might be a factor too because, like, what if you brought M?? I wouldn’t want some scary person breaking the news to me and then yelling at me to calm down.

11 Likes

o h
oh yeah

3 Likes

Hurricane? I hope you’re safe!!

I’m sending all my good vibes! :heart: :heart: :heart:

4 Likes

That’s true. I always bring N regardless because…well.

So I guess that’s why it registers a little bit lower in my eyes because N helps a lot in that scene.

…of course, then you leave the house and you see Kate crying through the window…

God, maybe it is a six or seven? Is this what N’s route will be like???

5 Likes

I suppose it’s also a question of does this scale reflect the general angst level or just how angsty is the angstiest moment?

Because if it’s general, sure, N’s route might generally be just slightly angstier than average but that might mean that 75% of the time it’s all sunshine and butterflies and sweetness but then 25% it’s CRYING AND RAIN AND SAD

4 Likes

Mmm. That’s also something else to consider.

…but can we all agree that the MC bleeding out is angst level 10? like, is that the kind of crap my heart is going to have to deal with during A’s playthroughs or—should I ever feel up for it—the LT?

am I gonna need heart medication to continue reading, Sera??

6 Likes

Because the angst is OVER 9000!

:musical_note: cue Titanic music :musical_note:

5 Likes

If that happened recently, I hope you and your loved ones are safe and well! Except for the crying over TWC lol we’ll never be fine in this fandom

@AWE That Titanic graphic is :ok_hand:t2: :ok_hand:t2: :ok_hand:t2:

I may or may not have written a fic about Nat/MC that may or may not include French kinda dirty talk, a little angst and MISSED OPPORTUNITIES in the library, where can I post it? :innocent: (Will only do that tomorrow, still need to edit it and it’s 2 AM, whoops.)

1 Like

There’s a link to the Wayhaven fanwork thread in the first post. You can post all your fanfiction/fanart there. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

HOW DID I MISS THIS ASK WTF. Did you guys all read this!!! I mean…How did I not know about this… Alright I’m going scuba diving in sera’s tumblr to see what else I missed, wish me luck.

6 Likes

Haha, it’s just two French sentences. :stuck_out_tongue: Just, the way I wrote the descriptions around the dialogue turned out waaaay more sexual/intimate than I’d thought even though absolutely nothing sexual happens, so I call it kinda dirty talk. :smiley:

2 Likes

You are not going to find more scenes like this one. This was a one time thing to give an example of the love triangle with an actual in game content. It was… omg, I just looked at the date of that ask, more than a year ago, I feel old :joy:

8 Likes

N knows. Believe me, N knows.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

6 Likes

Alright, guess no scuba diving for me, however…after reading that I’m… 89% less likely to try the the love triangle, reading that was just too painful. Even for someone like me who loves angst :slightly_frowning_face:

9 Likes

Join the club! There is a few of us who agree to play the love triangle once the 7 books are out. This way we can have the lacerating pain at once and not over the course of 7+years :joy:

7 Likes

Right…Like picking between A and N is like…Picking between desserts and savory food.
People have different preferences as to which they want, but…only having one and losing the other will leave life so empty. Every time you see a dessert or savory snack, you’ll always be reminded of the choice you made that day to eternally leave one behind. And no matter how much you try to enjoy the food you picked, and try, you’ll always feel a little…hollow.

13 Likes

Ok, this is actually good and horrible. Please don’t. I don’t need the image of MC expending the rest of their life with N or A, being relatively happy but always with the shadow of the “what if…?”

15 Likes