The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

If Teddy bear is saved maybe if not I am perfectly fine alone . If you are hairy Hair is the only you will have in your bedroom because mara has runaway after see first hair signal

1 Like

Okay, you know what, I wanna talk about N for a second cuz I think that ask confirmed something for me. I think that Nā€™s bad reaction to the MCā€™s blood or drinking less blood themselves is simply Nā€™s own fear of lose what little humanity they have left. N might physically be a vampire but unlike F who was born one and A who has been one for so long than they donā€™t feel human anymore, N doesnā€™t feel like a vampire themselves. They donā€™t want to feel like one.

N, despite outward appearances, is not okay at the start of Book 1. N is the only member of Unit Bravo who we knows hates being a vampire . N loves working with the Detective in Book 1, romanced or no, probably because it makes them feel human again, a feeling they desperately miss.

So at the end of Book 1 when they have that have that overwhelming, terrifying temptation to drink the MCā€™s blood, MC a person who they have bonded with and care for especially if you romance them, its probably a horrifying experience. Its just a punch to the gut that despite being around humans more, despite them learning to control their hunger, despite going out of their way to learn to eat human food, they are still a vampire. That possibility to lose control is always going to be there whether they like it or not, even if the actual possibility of it happening again is very low, the fact it could happen at all is terrifying for N.

In conclusion. N needs a hug.

26 Likes

Lolā€¦ a Teddy Bear without hair is not a teddy bear anymoreā€¦, right ? @AbbyMcGonagall :-):joy:

1 Like

If Thatā€™s so. I want make Him wake up to reality and assume what he is. If not I will breaking probably If there is a troupe in vampire lore I donā€™t like Is vegetarian vampiresā€¦ Those that doesnā€™t stop whining about mortality lost. I mean I will support him but trying to make him mature and assume his damn reality for once. I will be patient but I hope then he returns to real world.

I donā€™t think N is asleep to reality. I think N is very much aware that theyā€™re a vampire. I just think that they miss being human more than we really realizeā€¦

8 Likes

Hair covers more than 90% of your body and itā€™s very natural not to have it only on the head. I believe that would be quite unhealthy. In the 1900s, shaving companies actually invented the notion that body hair in certain places is gross and disgusting so they could sell their products. The body hair stigma, especially surrounding females, is pure capitalism.

Exactly! :smiley:

That theory is exactly what my angst-loving heart needed. Damn. N just got even more precious. #PROTECTN2KFOREVERMORE

13 Likes

Each one has they kirks I hate hair and sweat hair is repellent for me ā€¦ I could be with a hairy person always he doesnā€™t want intimate relationship because I canā€™t lol.
I am referring to chest hair and beard lolā€¦ All of you sure are thinking dirty lol

2 Likes

Itā€™s a supreme test of will. Blood there only sustenance and hardwired into their makeup, I mean itā€™s amazing anyone of them can even control themselves at all especially towards the MC ā€˜one of a kind bloodā€™. N unlike the others still sees some benefits towards being human because they are not as utilitarian as A, as moody as M :sweat_smile: and F was never human so they would never know.

3 Likes

It seems they certainly do have a lot of internalized self-hatred. N rationally knows that vampire /=/ bad, and they donā€™t have a prejudice against vampires, but are still very emotionally hung up on it themself. It seems like in that case, either they feel like they have lost part of themself, or they feel they have done something that bad. :confused:

It makes sense why A would be so extremely protective of and supportive of N in that case though-- they have only ever known N as a vampire, and probably ran into _that_wall with N multiple times.

8 Likes

What if Nā€™s rejection of anything modern (technology, etc.) is rejection of their immortality - because if they hadnā€™t become a vampire, they never would have lived to see all those developments? N just misses listening live to classical music and writing letters the old-fashioned way.

They would definitely write romantic letters for the MC as a way of courting.

Edit: Also, the notion that N is probably depressed because of their situation, but good at hiding it, destroys my heart. What if the MC is the hope they needed?

17 Likes

I agree completely! It would alsp tie in with his comments about regretting being like the rest of UB, and him missing humanity. And like one of the posts mentioned, him getting less blood from the Agency may be a manifestation of a desperate attempt to be less vampire-like.

I canā€™t believe I didnā€™t think of this before, but N reminds me of Mikaela from Seraph of the End - a character who was turned into a vampire, hates it with a passion, and tries to retain his remaining humanity by refraining from drinking human blood. At one point, he is completely horrified when he almost gives in to his temptations (when he almost bit a girl that he rescued).

9 Likes

Yaā€™ll I am actually really worried about N now tho?? We need to protect them.

11 Likes

Do you all think is so? :thinking: Then N is certainly Not for me at all. I donā€™t have patience for thousands of pages about a vegetarian vampire depression. Lol I will End with A as main romance lol.

1 Like

SAME OMG THIS THEORY IS SO HEARTBREAKING BUT ALSO SOUNDS TRUE.

But also what if N writes sad poems about humanity, you know, the old-fashioned way. And as soon as they meet the MC, suddenly most of the poems start revolving around one human in particular and become more filled with hope?

17 Likes

I feel like a bus just rammed into me full speed with a full set of feels along with it. But if the MC is essentially the one thing that truly reminds N that they were once human. Imagine the level of angst that will hit us in that LT especially if we pick A over N

7 Likes

I highly doubt that thereā€™s going to be ā€œthousands of pagesā€ about it. Iā€™m sure its going to pop up but considering Sera isnā€™t a heavy writer I donā€™t think it would ever be sole the focus of Nā€™s romance. Its just another part of their character. N has had a long time to come to terms with being a vampire and while it might not be a part they like about themself I donā€™t think they would allow their feelings to bring others down, N is too selfless for thatā€¦

11 Likes

Basically :sweat_smile:
20180911_091844

Does anyone remember that ask where someone told Sera like ā€˜N is amazing, worth everything, etc.ā€™ and Sera was like, yeah, A would aggressively agree???

17 Likes

In my teens I read big party of Interview with A vampire Anne Rice books. And I ended tired of several books about whining about humanity loss. It was like five books in a row with exactly same plot with different characters rinse and repeatā€¦ Then Vampire diaries two first books ā€¦ I canā€™t help but snore because the same plot again. Still Sera has made an awesome work not being stereotypes full so I trust on her. Still N is cool.

Ouch. I donā€™t think I could bear to do a playthrough like that. I couldnā€™t do that to N. And thatā€™s a lot coming from me, considering A was my fav romance up untilā€¦ yesterday lol. How fast the tables can turn.

@paragontethras Talking about N on the forum is better than any gym workout. FIGHT ME @ INSTAGRAM FITNESS ACCOUNTS, the nerds are taking over

8 Likes

They take steroids and pre-workout like fools. True geniuses know that the only real workout is not crying when we talk about all these sad theories

8 Likes