The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

Yeah, but I read somewhere that a human ended up in the echo world so just thought it could be him shrug

Ah, I see your point. I just take issue with the “trying to look polite” thing. If that’s who she is the that’s who she is. The way you word it almost seems like she’s pretending which doesn’t have to be the case. :wink:

What choices do you mean? Because whether you play bold flirting or shy flirting N seems pretty interested in the mc. As for them acting like a priest? I don’t really know what you mean… If there would be any confusion I would think it would be while romancing A, but even then you can tell A has feelings for the main character.
@dragonwithin15 , yeah I would probably say N is just more polite in the sense that they wont sexually engage the mc until after things are established and they have an official relationship with mc. I don’t see anything wrong with that tho lol. They just wanna take their time.

7 Likes

I don’t know i was in meds due I broke my ankle first time I read the game month and half ago. Now I read it differently that i know the stuff. But back then he reacted in a way I take like offended is not the word like he was seen me like a sinner. Like I am below your flirt attempts. Priests don’t let people flirt with them or don’t want flirt back. He doesn’t flirt back he does nothing… Probably he is in shock of want protecting me that’s why he reacts like that. But first time reading … I take that like He doesn’t like Mara or is celibate

Are you sure you picked the right options? You may have accidentally picked a friendship choice rather than a flirting choice, because N doesn’t really seem offended when I play it, but even when I first played it, he flirted right back.

One of the responses I remember from flirting with N are
when you ask if they want you too kiss their hand better, they chuckle and say “it’s fine”.
Could that be what you mean? :thinking:
Otherwise N heavily flirts back each time you flirt with them.

2 Likes

tenor%20(2)

@rose-court posted this really cool guide so check it out :smiley:

YES!!! Just YES!!!

3 Likes

My concept of heavy flirt back is very different then. Due I see polite responses that barely shows interest at all.

That maybe the reason. I am not romantic at all. I am 100% direct so for me He is like Jane Austen…
F is far more enthusiastic even if needs time. N is maybe too polite.
.Still my favourite romance I trust him and He is great

Yeah, I think it’s too early in the book for us to even discuss that, but maybe at the end of book 2? OR maybe I’m completely wrong and well actually get to start dating F or N at the end of book 2 (Imma pray).

These two seem very likely but I think it’ll probably be mc’s dad will be brought up because, sera said we’ll get to know more about that in book 2 and sera has also said that N’s race would be a potential spoiler for their backstory- going on that, I’m guessing we’ll figure out where N is from during their backstory. However we could be finding out A and N’s age too, since an ask said that those romancing A and N don’t have to wait too long to figure out how old they are.

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s my take, too. And no one was even talking about sex (this isn’t M, after all!). But N is apparently against making out, too, unless it fits whatever his definition of “appropriate” so I just can’t put any bold characters with him. At least, not very bold. They just get turned off by the polite and proper thing (although, the thought of sticking Dezh with him would make for a great comedy, given how inappropriate she is about pretty much everything).

My characters’ reactions: “Okay, so he’s not attracted to me at all. Got it. Moving on now.” Wolfe, the one with him is typically bold, but not so much around guys she’s attracted to. She gets nervous and uncertain, and isn’t so forward about sex, so she was perfect for him.

That’s how I saw it, too. I mean, I love N for Wolfe, but certain characters just don’t work with them. His flirting is polite responses, not so much “I like you” kinda things. And yep, I agree on F–F wants to slow it down, but makes it clear he’s totally wanting more.

With N, it’s like “no thank you, how about we just talk instead?” Umm, she just wanted to make out and you’re basically telling her to screw off and making her feel like a slut for suggesting it? Nyope! Thankfully, Wolfe catches subtlety better than my other detectives, so she picks up on the very muted flirting from N. Plus, if you stick someone with him who’s shyer and more hesitant, he seems to be a little more obvious (very little more, but it’s noticeable) about the fact that he likes the MC.

On a different note, how much did you love the M fluff? It was perfect, and just made me love M more. :smiley:

1 Like

You must have read a fan theory without knowing then, because Sera has said that portals are one-way, and that there’s no way to enter the Echo World from Earth.

1 Like

This is surprising to me, since I remember when playing N romance, he did try to kiss my MC at the apartment, before being interrupted by the Thralls.

7 Likes

I recall Sera saying on tumblr that one human did make it through. Doesn’t have anything to do with anything though really, from what i recall.

10 Likes

I honestly don’t recall that, but if you could find it, that would be immensely helpful!

But I must disagree with your second sentence as, regardless of whether or not that one known person is the MC’s father or not, the mere possibility of there being an Earth-to-Echo-World portal would have huge ramifications, especially in regards to possible directions for the plot of the game. :eyes:

Assuming, again, that this is something Sera said.

1 Like

I love N because is shy and polite I love shy guys as complement me and grounded me. I am bold so he is the other half. I see great have to wait until knowing him better as Mara with him want something like serious. However Mara would love he were more I like you only i need time instead being so Jane Austen and romantic euphemisms. But That’s what makes him him I suppose.

1 Like

I don’t see that like never You were shy?

Not particularly, but it’s been a long time since I played his route lol. But yeah, when we were at the apartment he is holding your face and about to kiss you when you get interrupted :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

I dunno how to search tumblr, dude…uhhhhh is there an echo world tap or something?

Sera did say that, I will try to find it!

There it is

Though, saying that, there is one human who has done it, but no one is aware of that, not even The Agency. That’s just a bit of lore I have :wink: (I actually have a whole other story planned and would love to do with that human! But it’s not the same feel as Wayhaven, lol).

I was talking about it the other day, I put the ask here :smiley:

15 Likes

:o you are the tumblr finder master.

7 Likes

@Meira_Litch Which Old God did you sell your soul to in order to get tumblr to follow your commands???

Besides that, thank you.

@Dagger1819 You’re right, it really doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the MC, but I still say that the implications are…intruiging.

8 Likes