The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Two (WIP)

Now I have to listen to Lucifer’s entire playlist again. Not that I’m complaining :grin:

5 Likes

ooo i will do that

Good advice :slight_smile:

No, I meant the one describing regular human being (if those things even exist)

1 Like

Ah, rest. Who needs rest when there’s writing to be done and caffeine to be had? Hehehe! :smiley:

Progress Report

Chapter 14 is coming along really well. Should be two thirds through by the time I finish writing this week!

It got a bit more involved and varying than I thought and planned because, well you know, I have problems keeping things simple, hehe :smiley:

But it is a bit of an information giving scene, so I want to make sure it all comes across easily and not too convulted or boring!

This end half of the scene is less information and more fun, devolving into less fun and more frantic…gonna be awesome to write ;D

I also got a chance to really look over and sort out my plans for Book Two this week. I combined a couple of scenes that worked better together, and wiggled some things into place that I wasn’t sure where to put, and I can finally say with certainty that Book Two will be 19 chapters long.

Which means we’re really starting to get to the home stretch now, guys…

Another exciting realisation this week was I hit over the half-million word mark, lol. I’m really gonna have to rein it in for Book Three!

Book Two is currently sitting at 537,335 words.

So yeah, quite the exciting and productive week!

Hope everyone has the most fantastic weekend, and I’ll update you all again next week! :slight_smile:

152 Likes

500,000!!!
:tada::tada::tada::tada:
Congrats! Hopefully your coffee won’t run out :sweat_smile:.

14 Likes

Sad part, it took you more than an entire year to write this amazing piece and we’ll prolly finish reading it in less than…2-4 days

Amazing part, it will take collectively (if you get 10k readers and they finish in an average of 2.5 days) OVER HALF A DECADE for people to read it ONCE. I mean even holy hell…thats a lot of time.

Also congrats! The fruits of your labor are bearing wonderfully (I suck at english and trying to compliment plz excuse the crappy…uhhh…discription?) But yeah! I hope ur doing great and that you arent turning yourself into a zombie. Anywho take care, i got work to do cya wly

17 Likes

The entirety of TWC fanbase:
you-underestimate-my-power-33710498

Everyone knows we’re all gonna go through the whole game several times in just a day.

81 Likes

I am going through the game following each RO pathway the day it releases. Minimum 5 playthroughs.

18 Likes

I had to put this here, I couldn’t contain myself.

24 Likes

@AJ_Hammada - Thank you so much! It’s pretty true. I spent a few days writing a scene, played through it to test it, and it took about 5 minutes to play, lol! :smiley: But the variations in it will hopefully add something fresh when people replay.

Progress Report

Bit of a whirlwind week, hehe :smiley: Didn’t even realise it was Friday until someone said today!

Think it will likely be that way from now on until I’ve submitted Book Two to Choice of Games, to be honest. Now I can see an end I am really driven to push forward!

As some of you may have seen earlier in the week, I finished Chapter 14 and dived straight into 15! Chapter 15 has been a nice smooth one too.

I mentioned that 14 and 15 are kinda more easy, downtime ones to lead into the ending chapters. Someone said they were the ‘calm before the storm’ and that’s a perfect way to describe them!

The chapters after 15 are going to be immense to write due to variation in them, but I think (and hope!) they are going to be really exciting and fulfilling to play!

There’s two slightly varying versions of Chapter 16 depending on who you romance, plus SO much variation in how to handle to upcoming event. As well as success and ‘fail’ versions, and versions that are affected by a choice you made in Book One.

So it’s a doozy of a chapter but really getting exciting as Chapter 16 starts the ending chapters.

But I’ve still got a bit of Chapter 15 to go, if not much. Only Adam/Ava’s friend scene, then the base writing is done! And 'cause I’m eager to start Chapter 16 next week, I’ll be working all weekend to get 15 done, including edits and rewrites.

Oh man, I’m hyped, guys! Hehehehe! :smiley:

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend, and I’ll update you again next week! :slight_smile:

101 Likes

Y-you mean you almost finish… the TWC

37 Likes

That is me waiting for the release.

1 Like

Keep up the great work! It’s the final stretch.

Great news, I cannot wait to read it.
It would be great to see you complete the second book at the end of summer (no pressure :grin:). But seriously, I hope you have a wonderful week.

So by the time this entire series is done, I believe TWC will be the longest choice series that exists. I wonder how easily saved choices can be balanced; as more books are added, more choices have to be tracked. Sounds difficult.

1 Like

Is it possible you can add a recap of the most significant choices from the first book when we load our saves at the beginning of the game?? (in the final version, I mean) Just to remember my choices and some stats.

1 Like

She already added that in. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Minor error; during Ava’s romance, when selecting a response for her breaking the plant, choosing “I need to put padding on my furniture” has {a_she}, rather than she, at one point during the follow up paragraphs.

5 Likes

Will Elidor be romancable? Or are the only romance options the Squad , Im just wondering Becasue I really like his character and think it would be a good side romance

The only romance options are Unit Bravo. Sera has no plans on introducing any other romances.

5 Likes