The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Two (WIP)

I loved book one, it was really a unique experience. I can’t wait to play the follow up. Thank you so much for creating this universe and great characters :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Are we ever going to get to explore their backstories more than just the slight explanations we’ve gotten so far in the demo? I’m so curious!

3 Likes

She has said before that we will get to learn more about their backstories. She said she will be working it in naturally, so no info dumps, which is a good thing in my opinion.

8 Likes

@zizzlekwum - Yeah, as @spunkycatninja said. I’ll definitely be exploring the backstories more, it’ll just be as the series goes, rather than all in your face at once! :smiley: But I am super keen for you guys to know their backstories, so I don’t expect you’ll have to wait too long to find out, hehe!

Progress Report

As some of you may have seen on my Instagram (along with a small sneak peek!), Chapter 8 is complete!!

Felt good to be able to power through that and get real progress done :smiley:

Chapter 9 will be a bit of a longer one again as it has a big scene difference at the end depending on which branch your MC’s chose in Book One for a certain something :wink:

It also has the first friend scene decided by friendship points in it, which is something I’m really looking forward to writing!

So quite a bit of variation for Chapter 9 again.

So far, the total word count for Book Two is sitting at 255,857 words! I’m not sure of average playthrough count yet as Random Test is being a bit funky for me. Hopefully will get that next week.

I’m really hoping there’s a lot of replayability to it for the different romances as well a more personalised style of playthrough!

So yeah, a great week again, and I’ll be onto Chapter 9 already next week, hehe! :smiley:

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! :slight_smile:

76 Likes

That sounds amazing! Sera you’re the best. :smiley::smiley:

4 Likes

I wish we got to be a werewolf or something

1 Like

that would be a different story all together :sweat_smile:

I do admit that personally , I did wish at least our ‘Daddy’ was something else then a boring human . But alas…we are a boring human with sass :wink:

3 Likes

It wouldent could include it by being bitten by a supernatural creature and it’s makes up more powerful with the blood as well

1 Like

@Seraphinite Has said we’re staying human for the whole story.

5 Likes

I actually like the idea of us being just humans the whole story, it’s what makes the game interesting. We already shown(with the right playthrough) in Book1 we’re not helpless; the face on MC LI/best buddy if we escaped Murphy without help was priceless! We’re kinda special and unique being “normal” and that’s the irony of the game imho. :yum:
I am sure Sera could make the game interesting anyway, but I think that if we became supernatural the story would lose momentum and would be really difficoult to be kept enticing.

8 Likes

I can already tell you that there is a lot of replayability for different romances. I’ve played through both the first game and this beta for all romance options, and it definitely doesn’t feel like it’s the same romance just with different names.

2 Likes

Also, you know that scene in the first book, right after the fight with the thralls, where Rebecca is telling the team that she’s going to tell the MC everything, and Felix says “Everything?” and Rebacca says “well everything I can, anyway” and then Felix like smirks at her or something? Are we ever going to find out what was up with that?

4 Likes

I have also always wondered about this!! ^^
I am guessing Daddy was a vampire. :heart:

1 Like

I think it’s actually something darker, like our dad was killed by a supernatural. Like a vampire which would have jeopardized the whole working with Unit Bravo situation, or a supernatural who is still around and mom thought we could want to seek vengeance…
And anyway, no one is super curious to know who Unit Alpha is? :joy::rofl:

4 Likes

more hot babe? Ugly rival-mance? Ohh how about butt-hurt rivals!

@Jender doesnt the 1st book cover it ? Or the 2nd? saying that he was a cop like you. So basiccly…a boring human . Though it really doesnt explain how or why your blood is different . Maybe we have an exotic vampire or something like that in our family tree…like your great great great old grand Daddy Mommy…y’know .

3 Likes

Hi, I just want to suggest that we move the discussion and theorizing to the Wayhaven Discussion Thread.

5 Likes

I say HELL YEAH to super hot rivals who want to steal A from me, COME AT ME BRO! (“Mama Said Knok You Out” starts playing)
*sorry for the OT stuff :confounded:

2 Likes

I’ve always wondered that! Maybe it was the team of demons that was first sent to Wayhaven and subsequently killed?

1 Like

When is it going to be added to the beta playthrough?

The current demo isn’t going to be updated anymore. Sera will do (presumably private) beta testing when the full game is complete, but the public demo link is finished

5 Likes