The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

The Questions asked are hilarious half the time and the other half gives us some little hints about one of the characters. It’d be pretty hard to get tired of them.

Proceeds to look at the spoiler-y flirts :face_with_monocle:

Ava/Adam: A small moment of vulnerability with Ava/Adam I take it? Adam seems quite unsure of what to make of the Detective’s response to him. Even then there’s still this bit of tension going on between the two characters that makes me curious about what the breaking point of that tension is going to look like when is happens to a Detective that takes that takes the subtle, gentle approach with Ava/Adam.

Manson/Morgan: This person is quite the mystery. It’s hard to tell what is completely going on in their mind (besides the thing they WANT to be obvious). But it’s interesting to see that the Detective can catch even them off guard at times (if only for a moment).

Though from the bits I’ve seen about Manson/Morgan on the Tumblr and here, I’m currently thinking this in regards: as much as Lupin could potentially show a interest in Manson, I’m honestly unsure Manson would be able to sway Lupin into having a relationship with him when he first makes a move on my Detective. Lupin is a lot wiser than when he dated Bobby and has become really good at reading people and their intentions. He’d be quick to know that (even if some attraction was in play between them), what Manson would currently be seeking from him isn’t something Lupin wants himself. So provided that Manson has a hunter’s patience, it’d probably take a good deal longer for Lupin to warm up to the idea of getting in a relationship with Manson than it would for Lupin to warm up to the idea of dating Nat. That bonus sounds like the remark he might make to Manson the first time the vampire tries to make a move on him.

Nat/Nate: KNEW IT. The nice ones are always the best out of everyone when throwing someone off guard with some hint of suggestiveness in their remarks :joy: ( I can already picture Lupin do a double take at Nat with a slight blush and a expression that say ‘wait what :flushed:’). I had a feeling that, for all their polite friendliness, that Nat/Nate would be the type to throw in that one phrase every so often that they know could be interpreted in a number of ways (and even more often the closer they get to the Detective romantically). I’m looking forward to seeing Nat’s bond grow with Lupin. And how she or Felix (as his friend) deal with Lupin once he learns that they also lied about the situation with the murderer to his face.

Felix/Farah: I like the amount of casualness that interacting with Felix/Farah brings out. So far it doesn’t feel all that complicated and I can see why some would be drawn to them due to the laid-back nature of their interactions. But it is the ones who seem the most laid-back and the most joking who have just as much serious things on their mind as anyone else (they just learn to hide it really effectively). I have no doubts that this will be the case with the flirty vampire as well.

Felix/Farah…really remind me a bit of a puppy. Like, even though I’m very certain that they are technically older than the Detective and probably experienced quite a number of things that life has to offer, their behavior and the interaction with them makes it feel like they are the least experienced of the two in matters that the Detective has experienced in their daily life. it feels like it would be a fun time taking Felix/Farah out and about and giving them some new experiences.

On a slightly different note, my friend is convinced that I may have a slightly sadistic sense of humor :sweat_smile:. They said I smiled a little TOO gleefully when I read the comic short on @Seraphinite’s tumblr about the Detective abandoning Douglas in the mall. :laughing:

8 Likes

I actually came to satisfy my love for crime mystery and I admit that I felt disappointed after knowing it’s not mystery. But when I read it, I have to say it’s damn amazing. I am definitely going to buy it.

I would like to ask about skill stats.
A skill seems to be bit unnecessary right now. I think observation and deduction will be obvious necessity as others are more of a combat and interrogation type they can handel people and threat and mc is detective but don’t you think it is same as investigation I mean that’s what investigation is, gathering necessary and right evidence which require observation and coming to a right conclusion that requires deduction. So why make them different.
I think skills are just developing right now. I will love the point where we will them.
I am wondering how will our personality stats will affect the game. Will it affect our romances?

I had to lie down on the floor after that one.

2 Likes

I cant handle Farahs spoiler. This hypes me way too much.

5 Likes

I love these scenes!

Detective Ashley will have a time of it trying to break through that barrier Adam has put up. Adam’s seems just as angsty as I thought it would be.

Mason… just hawt! Detective Emma will have a hard time not giving into that just for the pleasure. She is going to want it to mean something. And the bonus is hilarious. I can’t wait to see what the reaction is when picking that.

And Nate… oh boy! A bit steamy there. He and Det. Olivia will be totally hot together.

Felix is looking to be a lot of fun as well; I really enjoyed his scene. :kissing_heart: Detective Sophie will have met her match with him. I’m excited to see how the romance plays out.

4 Likes

I keep falling more than more for these guys, especially Nate and Morgan…

Detective Surina Batra is going to have a hard time with this joy of a crowd, LOL.

3 Likes

I can do you one better…

[ * Casually scrolling through this WIP thread. ] Oh, hey, Serphinite did a thing~! …spoiler blurs? I wonder why… [ * Reads. ] Oh! I wanna see these~! [ * Clicks on the Adam/Ava one. ] Awww, you’re not a monster, dearie. [ * Clicks on the Nate/Nat one. ] . . . .
STRUCK DOWN IN MY YOUTH!!!

6 Likes

@Auser - I’m glad you tried it out even though it’s not a crime mystery! :slight_smile:
The skills stats were something I was still fiddling around with at the start- they were something very new to me to handle in the context of a story and to code, still are a bit even now! :smiley: But, I thought the same as you and the investigation skill is already taken out- it was just too similar to deduction and I wasn’t using it enough to justify keeping it in there.
I’ve actually already written a couple of scenes that are affected by the stats, which was fun! Mostly though, stats are being built in Book One and will come into play more in later books.
Personality stats won’t have an effect on the romances, though it may do so more for the friendships. Personality stats are more for the player’s interest, but I’m hoping to still have them come into play a bit throughout the story either through comments by other characters or scenes being slightly different depending on how they’re handled by different personality types- looking forward to that :wink:

I’m so glad everyone seems to be enjoying the snippets :smiley: @Okami-Nora, your analysis was certainly interesting to read- though I won’t comment on it because of spoilers :wink:

I won’t post too many spoilerific bits like that because I want you guys to enjoy it fully in game, but I’ll try and post bits and pieces when I can :slight_smile: It keeps me excited to know if you guys are enjoying what I’m coming up with!

Hope everyone is having a good day :slight_smile:

28 Likes

@Seraphinite Would it be too spoilery to tell us how old the vampires are?

If it is, at least tell us how old they look.

2 Likes

@pimenita Imma give it a guess probably looks like their in their 20’s, if im close you give me $5😀

1 Like

Like in 5 dollars? Dude that’s 90 pesos. You must think I’m rich :fearful:

1 Like

:joy::joy:Geez 90 pesos that is a lot lol. okay…okay I’ll settle for some hot Cheetos you know the yellow bag one and we can call it even lmbo.

2 Likes

Deal. I say team Bravo looks 25-30.

1 Like

Damn, i feel like im going lose :joy::sweat:

Hahaha! Yes! That one’s my reaction to N’s existence, in general. Or when I remember that I will soon be actually playing the rest of this masterpiece, and that there’s more to come in the plans.

I have to to say though @Seraphinite I’ve been playing the demo as my “first replay” with a charming and flirtatious Detective who will be romancing F and oh my good lord I adore the sarcastic MC’s choices, and I ship them so hard already. Thank you.

2 Likes

@spunkycatninja and @pimenita - It probably is too spoilery to tell you how old they are, because that’s part of their backstories I want to be revealed through the story. But, I suppose I could tell you a general idea of how old they look :smiley:

Adam/Ava - Late 20’s/Early 30’s
Nate/Nat - Early 30’s
Felix/Farah- Early 20’s
Mason/Morgan- Mid/Late 20’s

@Desdinova - I’m so glad you’ve been enjoying the sarcastic choices :smiley: They are some of the most fun to write! F certainly responds well to that type of MC.

Update

I can’t believe it’s Friday already! Almost forgot to post an update because I thought it was Thursday, lol.

So, I finished Chapter Eleven! Yay :smiley: Only needed to do 2 ending variations for the end of that chapter instead of 3 like I thought, so that made it quicker. Still need to go through it and add some bits, but it’s pretty much finished. I’m hoping to start Chapter Twelve today, and things will really feel like they’re rolling forward!

That’s about all this week. I’m just keeping on writing and pushing on :smiley:

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and I’ll talk to you all on Monday! :slight_smile:

50 Likes

Keep up the great work, but remember to be kind to yourself and take as many breaks as you need to.

I can’t speak for other people, but I am dying to test out Book’s two demo. :smiley: That reminds me, and you’ve probably been asked this before but, will you post Book two’s demo in this same thread or make an entirely new thread?

It’s likely going to be a separate thread because this is specifically for Book One, but she could re-do it to make it one big Wayhaven series thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really enjoying the game, but came across a gender issue so I wanted to take a moment to go ahead and point it out since I searched the thread and didn’t see where anyone else had. Playing as a male detective:

At the point when you’re going to talk to a witness along with Nat and Morgan, after Nat asks if you know of the witness.
I’d like to contradict him, but it’s true I know most people in Wayhaven- if not personally, then by reputation. Still, I know nothing of this woman.

1 Like