The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

Is the medical examiner a ghoul or wendigo?

Necromancer. They are simply gathering the bodies to build an army and preparing to conquer Wayhaven.

5 Likes

Oh! Perhaps a ritual to become a lich?

1 Like

Whats Bobby then? Some kind of creature that likes to steal information? Or they could be an incubus/sucubus considering they can woo their way into the MC’s college papers.

2 Likes

I knew it! (+20 characters )

2 Likes

I don’t want to give Bobby the satisfaction of being a supernatural

2 Likes

@Pyyrhus

I was actually going to choose that monster for a moment. :laughing: But Liches are often created from some person binding their own soul to a phylactery to become undead themselves. Whether they had strong magical capabilities depended on the person themselves or the ritual.

Leech. :neutral_face:

…Oh fine! They’re the Chupacabra.

If they made love to my college papers while I was asleep, I would honestly be glad that they took it since I would NEVER touch/look at those papers again. :fearful:

3 Likes

What about mother dearest? She’s obviously the mother of all vampires. Or one of Dracula’s brides.

1 Like

I can’t believe the MC dated a goat sucker.

At least now they’re going to date people suckers. That’s an upgrade, right?

4 Likes

So to take away the glitter and stuff.

Did anybody forget how dangerous it will be to date a vampire (I’m going be that guy) you would have to wear like bubble wrap so you never accidental get cut.

Damn, this glitter stuff got me thinking twilight now I can’t get out my head red lipstick vampires with glitter all over there body, shining in the sun, giving the perfect lighting smh.

Vampirism hasn’t yet been laid out in this story, except for the dead being a possible clue - so we have no idea how you’d be turned or such; at least not yet. Also with your mom being who she is, I doubt it will be as dangerous as it otherwise would be…

No I mean when your MC does find out and not talking about turning I’m mean them drinking your blood. Well our mom doesn’t have the special stuff mc the has, that makes them go crazy😉

Update

Chapter 5 is finally done! Oh man, it took sooo long :smiley: With the way the writing is going, I now think the full demo will probably end after Chapter 7.

My fave quote so far (completely out of context and using male variations of the vampires)-

[spoiler]Felix holds up his hands in innocence. “Look, I’m sorry, but the Detective makes it easy to get comfortable. I just… forgot.”

Adam lets out a long groan, spreading his hands on the desk and closing his eyes to breathe through the tension making his shoulders knot.

“Going to your happy place, Adam?” Felix asks, to which Adam slams his fists down so hard the edge of the desk splinters.

They all stare at the damage, and Adam groans again, rubbing his hands over his face.[/spoiler]

Onto Chapter 6 next, which has another big scene variation, again dependant on who you choose to go with. Also, a bit more of a romance heavy moment in those scenes, which I’m really looking forward to writing.

Managed to sort the stats better now as well- they all use percentage or opposing stats, which works so much better for the way I’m writing it.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a lovely weekend :slight_smile:

55 Likes

So is the demo updated or do you mean you just finished writing chapter 5? If you don’t mind me asking.

[VIBRATES EXITEDLY]

Does this mean we’ll wait till you finish chap 7 for the link to be updated? Or is chap 5 up for testing?

Am just asking, please don’t feel pressured or yeah :)) this is a very welcome update indeed :smiley:

Sorry, didn’t mean to confuse you all! :smiley: I just meant that I finished writing it, not that it’s up yet. Demo still only goes to Chapter 3 at the moment.

Waiting until the whole full demo is done before updating next :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Alright thanks for clarifying. Can’t wait for it.

1 Like

Nice, always fun to see large chunks done at a time rather than a page and a half every week or two.
Looking forward to playing through the next chunk. Also Farah, who else is team Farah?
That being said, who is your favorite Seraph?

4 Likes

I’m team all of them. In Farrah you have the joker, Morgan is the brooding, Nat is the nice one, and Ava is the girl who you think doesn’t like you but really does.

5 Likes

Adam/Ava is tsundere :joy::joy:

4 Likes