The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

Yea definatly. your the “bad cop” in the role play
Edit: that came out wrong.

2 Likes

Upd. on the sketch I posted the other day.

I’m trying to improve my use of value by forcing myself to do some black&white. Not sure yet if I’ll add colour, but for the curious, her hair is brown, her eyes are grey/blue-grey.

Someday, I’ll get the hang of doing boards that don’t look awful and I’ll do one up and join you all in showing off these awesome moodboards/aesthetics. I love how telling they are with how little information. It’s absolutely fantastic. Thank you all for sharing!

46 Likes

Wow everyone is so talented and creative. Love all these character background and aesthetics. Making me inspired to write my own detective story. :smile: Also my board looks so dark compared to everyones. Haha.

same… does anyone know who that model is? The eyes and lips look familiar but I can’t figure it out.

Lauren sounds like an incredibly cute MC, I support her :+1::heartpulse:

Did a reverse image search on Google. Looks like his name is Michael Tintiuc.

1 Like

thanks for doing that.

3 Likes

Loving the character stories everyone is doing so I decided to put my own up :grin::grin::grin:

Detective Katerina (Katie) Balico

Backstory

Katie did not have a good childhood growing up her mother always working and her father nowhere to be found. she was also severely bullied by her fellow students who nicknamed her orphan because of her relationship with her parents. all these factors led her to have a rebellious childhood such as smoking, illegal drinking, shoplifting, and fighting her real trouble came when she was 19 years old, she assaulted one of her former bullies and was once again arrested this was the first time she was arrested as an adult and she was not gonna get off so easily this time.
She decided to join the police force instead of going to jail this cause a drastic change in her personality with her new ranks as a detective she has vowed to keep everyone in wayhaven safe even if she must die for it.

Personality

as a teenager, Katie was aggressive and sarcastic she did not have any care or respect for any of her teachers or fellow students she often skipped school and even when she was there did not pay attention to her teachings despite this she was still very intelligent and got good grades when she rarely tried, however after she joined the police force she had a massive change of heart she is now hard working, kind and compassionate to people she believes deserve it and would even die for her close friends.
she still hates listening to orders and while she has control of her temper it is still very powerful. her relationship with her mother is not good as she feels her mother abandoned her to the bullies that tormented her and so they rarely speak. Katie presents herself as sarcastic and confident but she actually has a deep fear of romantic relationships as she has never been in any that ended well or happily

Art (made on avatarmaker.com because I suck at drawing)

Casting Aisling Franciosi (because she is my favorite actress and I think she would best play the role)

Katie%202

Wow that was actually really fun to do::wink::wink::wink:

14 Likes

Well here goes nothing!
Name: Damian Wolfe

Back story: Damian was always sort of a loner but deep down he’s always desired to help the world. Growing up he spent most of his time alone due to his mother always working. Most children would resent their parent for this but not Damian. He understood that she had a duty and he respected her for it. In his teenage years he taught himself how to fight since in school he was always picked on. After defending himself a few times people learned to leave him alone. When he reached university he met his first love; Bobby. Unfortunately having no experience in the matters of the heart he failed to realize he was just being used and when his Mother pointed it out to him; he retreated into himself, cutting everyone out. He’ll always resent Bobby for making him believe she cared but he tries not to let her know it. After graduating he attempted to join the military but his mom not wanting any possibility of her son dying alone on the other side of the world refused to let him; So instead he joined Wayhaven PD.

Over the years in the department; Damian opened himself up even becoming friends with his partner. He’s willing to do anything to keep the people of Wayhaven safe. Being prepared for most scenarios; Damian wont know what the make of his mothers team but he will find himself infatuated with the kindness and warm demeanor of Nat but at the same time feels a strange connection to Ava. His future is uncertain but Damian knows one thing; He will bring the killer stalking the people of his city to justice… One way or another.

I’m so ready for this game! Looking forward to your future endeavor’s @Seraphinite !

19 Likes

Name: Spencer Lynn

Summary

Detective Spencer Lynn is always looking for a good time, he loves joking around and flirting but doesn’t easily open up especially after his relationship with Bobby. Although he has a bit of a rebellious streak he manages to keep a good relationship with his mom and enjoys the time he gets with her. He’s very charismatic which helps him get people to open up to him on the job and in his everyday life. He enjoys flirting with people for the fun of it but does secretly want a serious relationship (not that he’d admit it if asked). Much to his frustration he finds himself being drawn to Felix and Mason.
( Lol I’m definitely not a writer but I thought this looked fun)

21 Likes

Here’s my detective! It’s so fun seeing everyone’s mood boards and drawings. Wouldn’t it be awesome to have all the detectives in a room. I’d imagine we’d all just sit back and watch 50% of them sniping at each other and the other half trying to keep the peace.

Detective Samantha Keo:

Description
  • “You remind me of a friend. She’s dead.”
  • Hacked into school records once just for the challenge
  • Got good grades in college, yet her friends can swear they’ve never seen her pick up a book (yep, she’s that friend)
  • Has a gross junk food habit (Tina secretly tries to whittle her supply at the station, but it’s an uphill struggle)
  • Huge forensics nerd, sometimes Verda has to shoo her out of the lab and remind her that analysing body fluids and other trace elements is his job
  • Has a lot of respect for her mom’s dedication to her job, even though it meant they didn’t spend a lot of time together when Sam was growing up
  • Has been known to show up at the local diner well past midnight to order a cup (or two) of coffee, mumbling something about “being so close”
  • Loves to swim, goes to the lake to clear her head
  • Slytherin-Ravenclaw hybrid
  • “Miss me with that Harry Hogwarts bullshit”
24 Likes

Oh so much interesting characters :laughing: Here is mine: Detective Lucas Langford.

Summary

Lucas Langford. He lives in a cozy house, and he has a dog names Twilight (No. it’s unrelated to the film you-know-which)

He looks younger than he is, just like his mother. He has a good heart. And he was a good kid. He loves his mother and understands for her frequent absence from home due to her duty at work, even though she never told him what she really did. However, he couldn’t help feeling lonely during his childhood.

He’s scared of gosh stories, he’s scared of dark, he’s scared of being alone in the dark due to those gosh stories.

He is an introvert. He did’t have much of social life even when he was in college. And he’ll being clumsy when response to flirty acts

Depise those shyness characteristic, he is unbelievably stubborn. If he makes up his mind, no one could change that. And that the reason why he can’t stand Adam and Mason; he can’t stand those who are more stubborn than him. He’s attracted by Nat because of his caring, understanding and gentleness. The only way to overcome his stubborness is smoothing him first.

33 Likes

Well till we wait we can play fielder’s choice

This probably won’t happen this time but it was common for HG games to be released alongside a CoG one.

(Sorry, I just can’t seem to stop thinking about Wayhaven and I’m about to go Murphy-crazy here).

6 Likes

I don’t have a mood board for my Detective but I’m super hyped for the game and starting it up just to find out it’ll be released soon has me giddy. I’m digging the vampires (especially Felix, I mean jfc if people actually thought vampires might exist he’d make it way too obvious) but I also really like Verda? Like I know he’s not a romance option but I love the banter he and the detective have.

5 Likes

Kay, but Verda’s wonderful. You’re practically obligated to like him. There might be a law.

10 Likes

I wonder why is it that almost everyone chooses to have the rebellion youth? I think is interesting that that option is the most popular. :thinking:

6 Likes

My main detective has the “joined the police force to help people” background (off the top of my head, it’s been a while since I played it and I didn’t write any of this down), so I wanted to take it in the opposite direction for Keiji. In general though, everyone loves a bad boy? That, or there’s a lot of depth you can play with. Did you leave your rebellious past behind? Are you simple better at getting away with it now?

3 Likes

Wayhaven’s prison must have a really great reform program

19 Likes

Sigh… so I was up until almost 4 in the morning last night making more of these things, and I think I may be addicted, so I’m going to share another one.

Detective Ryan Russo

The jump from barista to police officer was a strange one to make, but Ryan wanted to give more back to the world than a satisfactory hot bevarage.

An utter sweetums, Ryan is one of the nicest little guys you’ll ever meet, emphasis on the little, because he’s barely even five feet tall. He’s a friendly person, but very awkward and shy, especially when it comes to people he has a crush on. Often acts younger than his age, but also he looks younger, so no one really notices.

Is a complete dork, and proud of it. Enjoys video games, professional wrestling, and trashy soap operas.

Fun fact: Ryan and my previous detective, Oz, both come from a story of mine, and in that, Ryan has a huge crush on Oz.

Blimey, I made 21 moodboards for my characters last night, and I’m still not done. I should find some place to share them all.

23 Likes