The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

Well, to be fair, one of the moderators said a few posts up that the reason TGT2 was released sooner was because Steam didn’t tell them in time that they couldn’t do it yet. Otherwise, TGT2 would still be pending for release.

1 Like

The only person I’ve seen pop in here was Eiwynn, and all she said was that Steam was releasing TWC earlier than expected because of the hype. I haven’t seem anything pointing to TG2 release date, at least not in the last 24 hours. (If I am mistaken, please PM me the info so that we don’t clog up this thread! I’d appreciate it. :smiley_cat: )

On topic:
I know the first book hasn’t released yet, but we can still hypothesize… Do you think Murphy is a one-off antagonist (like a monster of the week for a tv show), or do you think he’ll be a part of something bigger?

I don’t think I’d mind of he ended up a monster-of-the-week kind of antagonist. It would leave the story open so that Sera could take it in any direction she wanted. But if Murphy were a part of something else, that would be cool too. I could see the possibilities of having the first book kick off a larger arc. Does anyone have any preferences?

8 Likes

I think he’s a pawn of a bigger organization. XD

1 Like

In the post 2974 of this thread you have the message I was talking about :).

2 Likes

I can see him being the monster of the week, but also tying in with a greater theme (like the special blood) :thinking:

2 Likes

Do y’all think that’s the direction things are going for all future games? That Steam will always dictate when app store/play store/COG web games get released?

2 Likes

Didn’t Sera say that every book would have a different bad guy?

5 Likes

I thought I read a post from Sera awhile back that there would be a different bad guy in every story. But then again I am sick with the flu right now so I could just be delirious.:face_with_thermometer:

2 Likes

I think she did so I totally either think Murphey is a pawn or at least a small piece of the bigger whole that might have to do with the MC’s blood mutation? Like maybe that is the connecting thread through all the books?

3 Likes

Thanks! I must have missed that. :blush:

She did say that, but that doesn’t mean he can’t be part of something larger (anti-Agency movement or whatever). I thought I’d get the conspiracy theories started since we have a little more time. ~puts on tin foil hat~ :female_detective:

2 Likes

Well, of all those companies, I’ll say Steam is the biggest. So maybe they have some (annoying) agreement about having the last word on the release. In a way, is good that Steam gets involved just for the sake of visibility, but still, I hope for a future where COG can be completely independent and have their own scheduled without the need to wait for the lazy bastards of the rest of companies :laughing:.

6 Likes

Ohhhh yeah murphy Is definetly a small fish and servant of greater evil
Possibly also a fanatic

1 Like

That could def be a thing! Especially considering there’s been little hints about chanting and my mind directly went to ‘cults’

2 Likes

Really? bc when i heard chanting my brain immediately thought ‘spell’ one that requires the special blood to fuel

3 Likes

Well he did call us vessel (and ppl like mc) so i guess there is some foul cult Magic at work

1 Like

me and sister like all hard work to make this game we hope keep on going on more story

I’m sitting here watching Planet Earth and drawing my detective pouting to try and curb my disappointment at the news :sleepy:

18 Likes

Thinking of Murphy as a monster of the week makes me imagine the detective as a Power Ranger.

3 Likes

I was thinking Cult too! Just cause chanting and the word Vessel makes me think that. You know unless the MC can be used to make a poison against other supernaturals or to carry a desiease that could be used to have the supernatural world at gun point. So to speak.

OH! I was wondering if anyone else already had a set order in mind of who they are going to romance. Like I’m going to get saves ready for the next games when it comes out, but I think the order is going to go, and I’m honestly surprised I am doing this order but if you guys don’t follow @Seraphinite’s tumbler page for this, you should cause some of the things she has posted up has left me swooning! Like Nate, for instance, has surprised me at every snipit she has posted. Like daaanng Nate has smolder under all that nice and I appreciate the idea of a sweetheart with confidant smolder in there~ So yes. In order, I’m thinking for a couple lady MC’s I had in mind…

Nate
Felix
Mason
Adam
Triangle
Ferrah
Morgan
Ava
Nate
Then last but not least another triangle.

Though I’m still trying to decide what personality traits I wanna try for it. I know my first playthrough will be as close to me as possible

4 Likes

I can see Felix being willing to put on spandex and fight crime with giant robots and kung-fu…the others, not so much.

2 Likes