The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

nothing wrong with happily writing your thoughts about a game and their characters… some people just take the air " breathtaking" :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

YOUR FELIX IS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE I CAN’T RIGHT NOW JUST HOLY CRAP

I love it!! I wish I could draw half as good as you can <3 Keep it up!! :smiley:

Hmm… Quick question, is Felix French? The name Hauville just jumped at me, the Quebecer that I am.

Probably not, considering the american accent.

Sure, it could be an affectation, but that would be a weird affectation while pretending to be a UK government agent.

Duh, the detective should ask about that, I don’t know why I never thought of that before.

I also got the French vibe, so I figured he could be french creole since a lot of them have dark skin.

4 Likes

considering they did travel the whole world in pursue of a certain vampire and what they are…who knows if they have changed indentities / names… etc

1 Like

Which means I could still be right… or not. That was my initial guess when I first did the demo and read about Felix. I’m just going off the little amount of detail we have about him. He has really dark skin, amber eyes, and an American accent. Going off that, there are a few possibilities. He could be black, hispanic, or Native American in origin (he’s definitely not white). No matter what identity they may have, those things do not change. Well, I suppose someone could fake an accent, but there would be no purpose, and with the way Felix is, I doubt he could keep up a fake accent all the time. He just seems way too silly. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t mean to burst everyone’s bubble, because of course the characters can be however we want to picture them, but I only know of the woman version of F and she’s called Farah, which is traditionally a Middle Eastern name (in origin at least). Technically she could appear any which way if she’s mixed race or whatever but I think it’s safe to say Farah and her male counterpart are definitely of Arabic/Middle Eastern descent.

5 Likes

The suggestion of different identities could burst that though, she could easily just be a conglomeration of all suggested ideas as well. I mean that they could’ve live and experienced life in all these environments.

But I was referring to His or her last name, Hauville, which is prominently french and most commonly prevalent in France (or Canada), although identity changes can ruin the theory. Hauville can be translated to Hightown if it really is french. First names are usually agreed upon by both birth parents so they can be of different origin so Farah or Felix can be whatever the reader’s interpret but since their Surnames are set in stone (Need confirmation on if Farah still has Hauville as a surname) I’ll assume he/she at least has a drop of french blood even if it’s from his great ancestors.

2 Likes

Two gigantic caveats to that:

a) It’s almost assuredly a pseudonym, or at the very least, not their original name – regarless of if the name is the Latin Felix or Arabic Farah.
b) F is, or is impersonating, an American. Americans rarely if ever follow established naming conventions, and it’s more a matter of “this name sounds good, I’ll slap it on my kid for the rest of their life.”

6 Likes

Where do you get that from what we’ve seen?

@Prism_Stars was talking about the surname, which doesn’t get changed.

And I haven’t really seen any clue in the demo saying that F is impersonating an American. :thinking:In fact, I’ve seen F forget themselves and almost let slip the secret (hence Adam artfully smashing the desk), which makes me think that they wouldn’t be the best in keeping up a cover.

I always pictured F has a black person from old New Orleans for the french last name, tbh :laughing:

Since I have quite a bad visual imagination, I always look for pictures around to try and lock a image in my mind.
To me, this is how Felix is, adding long hair, of course

Then I have gorgeous Mason <3

12 Likes

F may have a pseudonym. It’s a possibilty since their from the agency and some agents might bound to do so because for mission purpose or some other reasons and it could might only be because he wants to.

Or if F possesses an american accent but his surname is Hauville may be he is bi racial?

Reading her description I immediately imagined her as a black American. Lousiana native, maybe creole. Because it doesn’t seem like she’s deliberately making her voice accentless like Morgan. (She’s always Farah in my game because so far my MC has always been a bi woman, so I get the mixed group. ) Just like with Nate I got ‘tall, warm, nice’ and my brain was immediately like ‘Sam Winchester!’ So now Nate is the clone of Jared Padalecki in my games. :laughing:

I don’t really have any set face canons for Adam or Morgan yet though.

7 Likes

Okay but ----- guys. Ava. Lauren German. I mean. They barely have anything in commom but the eyes and hair color, but my brain somehow pictured her as my muscle-wife and now I cant control it??? Help??

images (2)

22 Likes

Well, her personality in Lucifer I think match Ava to a degree. She is really focus on her work and being professional (even if Lucifer makes it difficult), and she just shows more of herself to the people very close to her, so I think that might be why?

2 Likes

Other than the fact that they belong to an organization and a few minor details of a prior case (which, admittedly, Felix almost caused their entire cover to get blown over), none of the agents have exactly been truthful and forthright with the MC unless absolutely pressured to be. None have admitted the fact that their main goal is to protect the MC, and it was like pulling teeth for Adam to admit they were after a target they’ve encountered before.

Oh, and they’re all vampires. Another thing that’s being kept secret.

Yes, @Prism_Stars was. I’m not addressing them, although there’s a point that many people in the US have French or French-derived surnames. F likely is American, considering they don’t exactly seem like a master of disguise, but the above still stands. They makes a bonehead move early on that almost blows everyone’s cover, but they’re not exactly more honest than their coworkers.

1 Like

yes. also, just look at German. bless her.

She looks tough and no-nonsense. Good choice! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes