The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

Happy Halloween everyone! I can’t help but wonder what the vamps would dress up as for Halloween XD I feel like only F and N would participate, F totally going as Count Dracula, complete with the cape and “fake” vampire teeth, giving poor A a heart attack.

12 Likes

Well so long as the mc’s sarcasm affects Adam at least. :wink:

I don’t know, maybe not in book one but I was rather hoping our mc’s could eventually coax Adam into it too.

1 Like

Lol :smiley: F would TOTALLY do that! A would totally be hyperventilating and trying to drag F back- but of all things, F is very good at slipping away from people, hehehe :wink:

But yeah, N would be up for it- probably a little more low-key though. Something like a scarecrow or something.

M would just be like, ‘Nope’ while F is shouting their suggestion that M go as a stick-in-the-mud, lol.

And A -might -just do it if persuaded by the right people. Maybe as a black cat.

24 Likes

You know, if the team made mention to A that dressing up would make the MC’s day (assuming A has feelings for the MC/respects them that much) they totally would. Except that as you mentioned a lazy costume (but it’s the thought that counts?)

Part of me also thinks that if there was a costume party or ball, they’d go in formal wear and claim to be a butler or something like that – more reason for them to be like “it’s part of my character to stick beside you at all times” and pretend to not have feelings but CLEARLY

7 Likes

My mc would prefer Adam dress up as a dashing cavalry officer from Napoleonic times, but ah, well…
Maybe if the mc’s town is part of the scene of one of those civil war re-enactments.
As for Halloween Adam would make an excellent Castlevania Alucard. Which would go nicely with F’s Dracula

The bigger victory would still be to get Adam to grow his hair out a bit to stylish but short, so my mc can play around with it. :grin:

7 Likes

Big Mood™ right there. Part of me wants to think they still have those billowy shirts tucked away somewhere HAHA

A is pretty much a historical period drama condensed into a person (I’d make a case that they’re just as bad in terms of pining as Capt Wentworth)

6 Likes

Mine, and probably my mc’s (once he begins to suspect A’s true nature) is that he was born as a French nobleman’s kid under the Ancien regime, managed to flee to England and likely served as an officer in some of the wars of the period at some point.
If I’m right that means A knows full well how to be a charming and likely dashing officer and gentleman, he just chooses not to be at present. In contrast with M, who I’m convinced really has limited social skills and graces.

Yep, I agree. Now prying the whole story out of him is probably going to be insanely difficult though.

I don’t think A does, N and/or F on the other hand…
In any case we can get replica’s of ironically much higher quality today anyway.

4 Likes

Oh my word! Captain Wentworth is my favourite Austen guy :smiley: Persuasion is actually my favourite Austen book too, and in my top 3 favourite books!

So yeah, a bit of that character may seep into a certain broody commanding agent :wink:

6 Likes

Same. I love the book and I’d solidly make a case why I’ll pick Wentworth over other Austen men :)) his love letter is legendary and one of the best confessions I’ve ever sat through reading

Now for A if Wentworth is an inspiration point please let them have that moment where they think they might lose the MC to a romantic “rival” (more like Bobbie and not N) and pull the most heart swooning lines :A;

For example, imagine A saying the equivalent of this

I can no longer listen in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me that I am not too late, that such precious feelings are gone forever

7 Likes

So I finally gave this demo a read through and I was very impressed. I usually like to wait until the book is finished because I absolutely hate cliffhangers. Great job so far with keeping the reader engaged. Now I cant wait to jump back into the story.

5 Likes

I have to agree having just finished reading the entirety of the Demo. I pretty much sat there a minute or two where it ended and I was just like…

“Dang it… I want to read more.”

Time to await it’s release with great interest!

5 Likes

@EarnBoogie and @Kanaya - Thank you so much for trying out the demo! I’m really glad to hear you enjoyed it. It’s always such a boost to know people are stumbling onto the story and liking it :slight_smile:

Progress Update

Ok, things are really starting to get exciting and I’m powering through.

I finished Chapter 20! I wrote the first words towards the last chapter (Chapter 21) yesterday :smiley: Yay!

I can’t actually believe I’m here. I’m actually writing the final chapter! Obviously, there is still a lot of work to do on editing and testing after that, but the real hard work of writing it will be done!

I’m so excited :smiley:

Thank you, guys, for sticking with me through this. We’re almost there!

I did take a little time to do some drawing this week. My computer is still having a hate on me and dislikes when I try to use photoshop, but I’ve missed doing art for so long so I persisted and doodled something Wayhaven inspired.

It’s only a very quick doodle. She’s Agent Chana Parekh (again with the names that end in ‘a’, lol). She only appears in Book One for one small scene, but I really like her as a character so may bring her back in later books.

So yeah, things are really pushing towards the end now! There is light at the end of the long Wayhaven tunnel, lol.

Hope you all have a brilliant weekend and I’ll talk to you all next week! :slight_smile:

86 Likes

You’re doing great Seraphinite! That was quite a feat. XD This just making me very excited to get the game!

2 Likes

She’s gorgeous! I can’t wait to see how she steals the scene (I feel it in my blood)

[Part of me hopes it’s just to flirt/ruffle Bravo’s feathers – maybe the MC’s too – in a good teasing fun way]

11 Likes

Looks at Agent Chana Parekh

If I go by the ears alone, I’d guess that this one might be a one of the Fair Folk.

But then again, being one of the Fair Folk is a rather broad term and that means it can range from quite a lot of races that are considered part of the category (Elf, Fairy, Selkie, Will-O-Wisps, Spriggan, etc…) :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, I can’t believe we are so close to having Book One, this is so awesome!

Also, Chana is BEAUTIFUL. You have so much talent ^^

2 Likes

YAAAAASSSS GURL!!!

This is so exciting! Nearly there :slight_smile: The major part of the work will soon be done! I hope you have a nice celebration planned for yourself when ch. 21 is done.

2 Likes

just finished reading the demo and im already hooked on it. Can’t wait for it to be fully released

3 Likes

I’m really glad about your progress!!:slightly_smiling_face: Great job!:grin: Hope all the process of editing and testing won’t take long and we will finally be able to enjoy your game. Good luck!!!:kissing_heart:

4 Likes

God, I just played the demo and it’s awesome already :smiley: can’t wait to play the full version. Great work !!!

5 Likes