The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

Press X to pay respects

1 Like

Lmbo, nah, so you telling me that scene was better than wrapping N hand cause N will bleed for you?
If that is not Leona Lewis type bleeding love romance right there I don’t know what is. And I saw Ava RO scenes and I’m all about the love triangle but at the end of the day it’s Nat who’s has the best RO scenes.

4 Likes

As someone shamelessly confessing to have tried all the routes because of the dedicated trash I have become towards this wonderfully written CS, I must say, all the routes are swoon worthy enough to steal y’all hearts.

F intimately, surely not unprofessional closeness can cause overheat and excessive fanning. It is not advisable for the faint of heart.

M charming off MC with his brooding and jerk-ish charms and saving the day with his quick thinking

A can stun you with his unforeseen caring gesture with the scarf scene questioning all you knew about this guy from the several days you’ve met him

N assessing the situation and avoiding the impending doom with hurting his hand ( in no masochist approach imaginable otl) WITH cue MC aiding his wound we saw that awe-struck gazing moment between the two that can melt hearts into a puddle of rainbows and fluff. (coughsyescallmebiascoughs)

26 Likes

hmmm and farah, shes quite the fun woman…nat is so understanding of the mc and such a goodie two shoes that i want to hug her all the time :heart_eyes: ( even tough i will romance Ava first…:smirk:)

When I played as a female MC, I prefer Adam’s patrol scene much more. I think my MC felt secure during that scene and the sudden jacket scenario was just too much fluffiness. The tension! XD I have to admit that Mason’s was my second favorite, if only he stop being a jerk most of the time. XD I can’t wait to play his route too.

But when I played as a male MC, I like Nat’s patrol scene more. XD

2 Likes

Yet somehow all A had to do was wrap a jacket/scarf around me to make my heart thump. While N literally had to cut a wrist for me to actually care for the diabetic inducing sweet pea.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.170505479.2800/flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg

Sad to say I just don’t find N to be all that fun to romance (at least in the begging) there’s no initial drama, A is a hardhead, M is a jerk and F is a flirt. Their interesting because as a reader I desperately want to see how the author can make me like them over time. But N is just…N. The kind of overly nice character that gets introduced half way through a romance series to force a love triangle. And while this character is clearly an exception at parts, if they had been introduced a little later than the first 3 ROs I would have assumed they were just a side npc with flirts that go nowhere. ( Again this is only the impression I got from the demo.)

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2WopbBd6Oy8/hqdefault.jpg

10 Likes

N definitely has underlining depth though. N’s thing to me seems to be that they keep a lot hidden with their good nature.
I love them all :heart:

6 Likes

They all have their attractive features, but my main roleplay characters of the moment don’t work with everyone. One person works incredibly well with A, where the romance won’t be a cutesy thing, but a lot of head butting and snarling, while my other character just drifts in and out and about and doesn’t really care too much about them to get invested.

^^; Once I hit a new phase of characters, this may change, but for now, A is my bae.

1 Like

I understand that, but my point is that I’m not introduced to their dept yet, all I get to see of them is sweetness throughout my play throughs. (unless you count that one lady swearing under their influence, which mind you, you needed to play more than once with another character to even find the minimal difference.)
I’m not saying they aren’t deep, I’m saying none of the characters initially are, but it’s the begginig and the other 3 ROs got my attention with they’re distinct quirks and intriguing personalities. While N seems to stay the same white page of happiness all throughout the demo, which again, in my opinion, is just suuuuuper boring. :pensive:

2 Likes

N is such a cutie. I want to braid their hair while we watch netflix. That being said, they don’t interest me in a romantic way. The other three are a different story :wink:

4 Likes

Fair enough :joy:. Hopefully when the full game comes out it’ll change for you.

1 Like

I would but i forgot where the button was.

I like the ROs. I don’t get the Nate hate, but if sweet and earnest is boring for you, I guess that’s that. On my first run, I totally went for him. :heart_eyes: I found him to be charming, and I liked him instantly. I loved that he was supportive and on my side as opposed to the hesitation and/or straight up opposition from the rest of Team Bravo.

As for Adam, he’s gruff and stubborn, but the patrol scene and his reaction to your phone call are what do it for me. That showed me a bit beneath his tough exterior.

Felix was harder for me to warm up to, and it wasn’t until I ran through his route a few times that I did. Super flirty guys who leap at anything with a pulse tend to be a big turn off for me; however, though not romantic, I liked the scene when you take him with you when you notify the mother. I felt like I got to see a little bit deeper into his character, which revealed that he’s got some heart underneath his shallowness.

Mason… I just love that confidence though I hate that he can be such a jerk. But I love an opposites attract scenario, and my sweet-as-a-cinnabon detective is gonna break through his barriers… I just know it (or rather hope. lol)! His scenes are good and highly entertaining for me. I feel he has a good mix of drama and hotness.

15 Likes

Marsha Marsha Marsha!!

…if anyone doesn’t get that reference, you’re too young.

5 Likes

I wonder how sera will let us react whenever/if we find out that bravo were the ones at the warehouse… That would be really, really awkward if the MC chooses to shoot A…

6 Likes

That will be really interesting to see though I now always choose the other much more fun option of pepper spray. :smile:
But I wonder how we’ll get to react when we find out that Bravo Team was trying to stop our investigation and keep us in the dark about everything, seeing as we are trying our best to find this killer, who has now taken poor little Garrett’s life. After all, the killer wants us, and Bravo Team knows this. I foresee a lot of anger from my MCs when they find out. I feel like some of my MCs would totally have tried to be bait to lure this guy out and will now feel really guilty that they could have done something that might have prevented that (and anger at the team and mother because it might have been preventable).

21 Likes

I’m totally with you on this and foresee lots of anger and yelling lol.

1 Like

Sera, I’ve seen the replies on tumblr in which you stated it took an hour to complete a few minute segment, and I can attest to that, though I doubted whether or not that was true. It took me a good few HOURS to code an information menu, working out errors, and editing the format, and I play-tested through it in about 5 minutes. Given the scale of wayhaven, the demo at that, I salute you for your outstanding work ethic.

7 Likes

Hey why not try the love triangle :wink: Have Ava and Nat lol

And ugh try to romance Farah but i feel like she like the friend that’s like a little sister who you got to watch out for because she’s going do something dumb😅

@resuri08 Yeah that’s why I choose Nat why better with the flow.

@yagamikuuno
Nah N prefect it feels more heart felt, A seems hard for me to get wrap into from my perspective, N scenes flow better from my male perspective, plus honestly I don’t like scarfs either, I do like A hard headed nature that’s why I’m doing the love triangle but I’m definitely pick N.

All I know I don’t wanna see anyone who swear on A to change to N throughout the story you better stay on that A team for life lol

2 Likes

@childnapper - Probably being snarky or angry is about as far as it will go for dialogue. Well, you can sometimes be an ass to Unit Bravo if they’re being an ass to your MC :smiley: Being horrible to people will only turn them against the MC, and that would be difficult for the story. If it was just one book, it might work OK, but these characters have to be together for a long time, so turning everyone against the MC would work against the plot- but yeah, at certain times the MC can be a bit more… brash, lol.

@deznutes - Yeah, it can take quite a while to write and code an interactive fiction :smiley: But, it really is worth the struggle! If you can keep going with it, it’s such an awesome sense of accomplishment.

It’s so cool seeing everyone discuss the romances and their preferences :smiley: I really wanted quite varying choices for the romance interests, just because I knew there would be some that wouldn’t suit everyone. So, hopefully, most people can find one that they can fall for :wink: I’m really excited for where they’re going to go!

I’m back to it today after a weekend refresh- I’m determined to finish that second branch of Chapter 9! Then I can edit and play-test through it all again before finally getting onto Chapter 10 (I’ll try and post a not-too-spoilery snippet sometime this week). Man, Chapter 9 has been a long one to write, but it does set-up a lot of stuff.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend and here’s to a productive week! :smiley:

32 Likes