The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

@FutbolDude21586 - Oh, thanks for catching that! :slight_smile: I’ll go in and edit it in.

@Zahraa_K - LOL! :smiley:

@Aviator467 - Thank you so much for checking out the demo! I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed it :slight_smile: (And yeah, the sarcastic choices are some of the most fun to write, lol!)

@Drakeye - I have no idea if it were Fae or more Fairy-fairy, I took the test kinda quickly! Probably fairy-fairy :smiley:

9 Likes

This amuses me more than it probably should. It was like Ava/Adam was destined to be a vampire since he was born.

…Starting to get curious about their circumstances and if their past lover plays a role in the matter (according to one of the more recent asks, it seem that the topic about Ava/Adam’s past lover is a very touchy subject for them).

Considering what the faeries from many fantasy stories and legends are like, this feels pretty fitting. They are often shown to be mischievous and quite often little trouble-makers. Even the more friendly ones can at times be very capricious individuals, to the point that even their allies are not safe from wherever their whims take them.

Sound perfect in regards to what little we know about Felix/Farah.

Another one that oddly works. Elves can at times be very hostile toward outsiders at worst or disconnected and haughty toward them at best in some of the old stories. A lot of the times, this is due to living a longer life than most other races (especially humans) and becoming a little jaded from the experience. That said, they also do tend to take interest in the other short-lived race in some regards (though not enough that they’d quickly let the walls they built for years down) and the other races can’t really deny that elves are rather aesthetically appealing. Their personalities…often garner a more mixed reception for those who aren’t elves themselves, of course. They always seem to have a rather interesting relationship with humans (the most short-lived in fantasy most of the time) in particular compared to other races.

Yeah, that sounds about right in regards to Manson/Morgan.

As if I didn’t like Nat/Nate enough, they end up being a mythological beast that I’ve always had a soft spot for ever since I was a kid. :relaxed:

That said, dragons are quite diverse depending on the story. They’re hunting humans in one story, and in another, they’reworking alongside them eagerly. They always seem to have some type of connection with humans though and are highly intelligent, powerful creatures when at their best.

So I guess I can how Nate/Nat could be like a dragon (well, be like the best sides of a dragon any way).

4 Likes

Of course N would be a dragon! Because…well, uh dragons…breathe fire…fire is hot. So like, theyre hot! Yup, thats why.
(Its true though as a mythical beast with suchtremendous power, they can be wise and still choose to be benevolent if need be! Like N I suppose.)

8 Likes

This is flawless logic…that is not untrue. :flushed:
Though that could be said about all of them.
I can’t decide who I love more…that’s it I’ve decided all of them.
They are all my loves
If only there was a team love, but I’ll settle with doing every play through a few times

4 Likes

I honestly hope so. Give us all the drama for A :))

I wonder if A would consider that ex especially as their first love hence the touchiness or maybe one that they failed – especially in terms of protection. Either way delicious drama

4 Likes

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is M a werewolf as well? Is that even possible? It’s just the part about them having a wolfish look and how they don’t do well in the cold - not to compare this to Twilight or anything, but it reminded me of that werewolf in that story that had a high body temperature. If you have a higher core temperature the temperature gradient with cool air would be steeper so you’d probably feel colder more easily and shiver more to make up for the increased heat loss. Or maybe I’m just overthinking this. :grin:

I remember they were referred as vampires. I think someone asked over tumblr if we could romance other supernatural creatures but Sera said the vampires the only ROs so far.

I’m aware of that. I was asking whether it was possible that they were a werewolf as well, or just in general whether it’s possible to have a hybrid of two supernatural creatures.

Well, we have to wait for Sera’s confirmation then. XD

@Okami-Nora - Oh, I like your breakdowns of those! Some very close-to-the-mark assessments there :wink:

@Retrovirus - No, M is just a vampire :smiley: Vampires in Wayhaven are very sensitive with their hyper-senses- so they feel the temperature more (the heat too, but Wayhaven is still in the grips of late winter/early spring, so just cold for now, lol). With M’s abilities being more acute than the others, they just feel it more.

Progress Update!

I finished Chapter 17 and Chapter 18! Woohoo :smiley: They were relatively short chapters, to be fair, but still- yay!

Which means only 3 chapters to go! And I’ve already started Chapter 19.

Chapter 19 is a doozy of a chapter though… Not only is it a looong chapter but there’s some branching, lots of split scenes, and it’s the chapter where stats really come into play.

Nearly every choice has a stat check to pass, so I have to write not only the scenes for passing (and the scenes differently depending on which stat is used), but also the scenes for not passing the stat checks. And then there’s just the scenes with no choice but differ due to stat checks (the optimist/pessimist small moment made for a more impactful scene than I thought, which was nice!).

It’s a pretty intense chapter- for writing and reading!

But yeah, the end is really in sight now :smiley:

Writing has, obviously, been going really well. Chapter 18 was great because I got to write in the first ever scene I wrote when coming up with Wayhaven all those many years ago- the one that motivated this whole series into existence.

Quite an accomplishment for me!

Reading the very original scene and what it’s like now is interesting.

In my hype, I thought I’d share one of my favourite sarcastic choice responses so far:

Choice: “You know what happens to bad guys who reveal all of their plans, right?”

Murphy sneers. “I’m not a bad guy, Detective! Just desperate.” Venom laces his words. “And now I’m insulted.”

I scoff. “I’m so sorry for hurting your feelings.”

Murphy’s not so swayed by sarcasm as other characters… lol!

So yeah, starting to get super excited. I really hope I might be able to get the writing done by the end of November, editing/testing in December, and maybe looking at putting it into the HG queue by mid-January. Maybe!

Fingers crossed!

Hope you all have a brilliant weekend and I’ll talk to you all on Monday! :slight_smile:

69 Likes

Yay I’m so happy for you! :smiley:
Looking forward to the release of the game!! :hugs:

1 Like

What good news! I hope everything goes well but don’t just overwork yourself! =D

1 Like

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN! VERY EXCITED FOR YOU @Seraphinite!

Wishing you all the best of luck!

6 Likes

…You know, I’m normally all for ambiguous remarks from an author, but when the following remark is:

It just gets me excited, and ready to see how close or far off some of my theories have been. Just a little longer until we can all can get a chance to discover some of Wayhaven’s current I-don’t-knows in Book One. :grinning:

tumblr_o5siy2hoEY1rwcfrqo1_500

Looks at the spoiler conversation

Yeah, well, Lupin won’t be swayed by Murphy’s apparent desperation, considering the harm the guy caused in his hunt for the Detective, so that makes two very unamused people in that situation.

Aside from that, the bigger question is, why is Murphy even talking to the Detective about what he plans on doing? Is the Detective needed alive in order for him to get full use of their mutation? :thinking:

Yep, a good deal of dragons breathe fire.

They also breathe frost, lightning, acid, varying types of gases…proceeds to ramble about all the other things that dragons can breathe from their mouth :nerd_face:

You can have your drama, I’ll take my fuzzy feelings from Nat/Nate…and the occasional heart-attacks. :grin:

But there is a team love option!

It’s called friendship. :hugs:

7 Likes

WHAAT?! BLASTING TWO CHAPTERS OFF IN A SINGLE UPDATE SAY WHAT. i’m getting hyped up!! 1!

it’d be a delight to see that sarcastic snippet to whack murphy’s rotten self into oblivion

2 Likes

I VOLUNTEER AS TESTER IN DECEMBER. Wait, I think I already said that…

As you said, the finish line is in sight! Just one last push and it’ll be done :smiley: I’m so excited to see how it turns out!!!

1 Like

keeps track of wayhaven chronicles. Finds out the author finished two chapters in one go. strong clapping sounds along with ooos and ahs. Finds out testing is in December

I volunteer as tribute!!!

7 Likes

Oh man, the hype is REAL GUYS. THE FINISH LINE IS SO CLOSE!

7 Likes

Only just starting to read the Demo, but I’m enjoying it very much so far. I look forward to checking this out fully when you get to Release! ^^

1 Like

Can’t wait to play the full game! I’m rooting for that full release before 2018!
Good luck, may the force be ever in your favor.

2 Likes