The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

Only alliterative word I could think of for M

How about Melodies of Morgan
Or Marvel of Morgan?

1 Like

@Samthane - Yeah, progress is steady if it a little slower than I’d like :smiley: Really pushing forward though!

@CodyStrife - Ooh, I like those! :smiley: To be fair, ‘Minions of M’ would probably suit M quite well…

11 Likes

I just finished playing through the demo and I actually really really like it, it’s exactly my cup of tea, so to write. :wink: I’m not usually one to have lots of criticism and I don’t have a single thing for this. Really looking forward to seeing what happens next! You’ve done a very good job on this one. (Aswell as The Lady’s Choice & Diving in Deep) :smiley:

1 Like

can’t wait for the next update!!!

1 Like

I also look forward to the weekly updates. :grin: It’s fun to see how much she gets done even if we can’t read it yet although I love them more when she spoils us with little snippets of goodness.

7 Likes

@greentrx - Thank you so much for checking out the demo! I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed it :slight_smile: (So weird thinking about Diving in Deep- was so long ago now, lol. But it’s what got me started on this road of interactive creations!)

@juviolsnow and @spunkycatninja - Well, you’re in luck because today is update day :wink:

Update

Finished Chapter 12, finally! Yay :smiley: Felt like it went on forever for some reason, and it wasn’t even that long a chapter. Got in a right pickle with the coding though- testing it was fun, lol. Managed to square it all out now though and have edited it. Still have to playthrough it all to make sure it flows right.

But Chapter 13 is on the horizon. It’s another chapter where there’s quite a bit of variation depending on what you decided to do in an earlier chapter, so lots of writing, but you only really see bits of one or the other dependant on choices :smiley:

Creeping ever closer to the milestone of Chapter 15 though!

And this week I managed to scramble together a very quick sketch of one of my male play-test Detectives:
LucaWIP

Meet Luca Palev. A man who is very easily bored and thinks he’s very charming. He’s not.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I shall speak to you all on Monday! :slight_smile:

48 Likes

Ah I’m so excited! Please take your time, eat well, rest well and drink plenty of fluids.

2 Likes

Well, hello there, Luca… how you doin’? :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

You have definatley improved since Diving in Deep, to tell you my exact opinion on it, it was a lil bit cheesy but sometimes thats okay :slight_smile: loved The Lady’s Choice tho and as said, The Wayhaven Chronicles is truly good. :smiley:

2 Likes

How do you download Lady’s Choice on a Chromebook? This author is awesome and I want to try it out

1 Like

You can download it from here: The Lady's Choice by Seraphinite. :slightly_smiling_face:

She has another one up that I really like called The Crossroads on that same site. I highly recommend that as well.

8 Likes

Because I just remembered someone here asking before about where to read Wayhaven fanfic :))

I’ve posted my fic on my tumblr. The first two chapters are up if anyone wants to read

//prepares self to hide under a pillow fortress after posting anxieties

(tries to starve off more hype by writing some more and hopefully not hate my own writing enough to finish the thing)

EDIT: realized the link may be wonky for mobile users so:

chapter one // chapter two

8 Likes

I have never fallen so deeply in love with a story until I played this and it is only the demo! I am very new this to site in general but I have played other CoG before but I feel like this one is going to be very special and I cannot help but lurk over the author’s Tumblr page for updates. :joy:

My favorite right now to have a romance with is Ava. I still have to go back and replay and try out the other choices but Ava is my girl lmbo :wink:

I also didn’t think I was going to play a vampire type story, I’m so glad I let my curiosity get to me because I along with everyone else can’t wait for it to be released. :laughing: Keep up the good work author! Love it! :blush::blush:

6 Likes

@kekexterror - Thank you so much :slight_smile: The weekend really helped to refresh and refuel myself! Hope everyone else is taking care of themselves too!

@spunkycatninja - Ah, I’m glad you liked him :smiley: Had trouble seeing what I was doing when drawing him as my computer has decided to start dying on me, lol. Still, it was fun drawing one of my male Detectives!

@greentrx - Diving in Deep felt more rom-com kind of, lol. Where as hopefully Wayhaven is a bit more serious (though still light and fun!).

@squarelyblue - Ooh, I loved it so much! Thank you for sharing it!

@kimiko - Aah, thank you so much for trying it out :slight_smile: That is such a lovely compliment and really boosts me to keep going to know people are as excited for the full thing as I am to release it!

Had a lovely relaxing weekend, so am ready to get back into writing this week! I’m really determined to get Chapter 13 fully written this week. If I could manage a chapter a week, I would be very happy. Though some of the chapters towards the end are pretty long, so not sure if I’ll manage that :smiley: But it’s my goal for the moment!

Chapter 13 is gonna be fun anyway, which helps keep me writing. Also, Bobby makes a return depending on choices made in earlier chapters- which always makes for interesting scenes to write, lol :wink:

Hope everyone is doing well, and here’s to a productive week!

39 Likes

Nah, I did too
(20 characters)

1 Like

AAAAA

This is high praise indeed ;A; I should be the one thanking you for making the Wayhaven sandbox /////

It’s also the only thing I can contribute to the fandom :)) (we are all in the waiting game guys)

I hope you have a productive week too!

Can we have Bobby get fired?

No way! Where is your sense of drama? We need Bobby around to keep making trouble for us. LOL

14 Likes

But… But the satisfaction I would get from seeing her life fall apart is worth not having any more drama with her. (Plus if shes gone, there might be more time to write Farah scenes.)