The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

Same here haha :joy: I check at least once a day lol

2 Likes

Will there at least be more of the mc wearing Adam’s clothes now (since he’s put the idea in my mc’s head now with the jacket) and maybe even vice-versa? :blush:

8 Likes

Sooooo sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but is each book a new mystery, or is the MC and the vampire crew (totally should be the name of a new boy band) going to be chasing the same person

I’m pretty sure it’s a different thing in each book. Murphy will be dealt with on this one, and there’s a new antagonist in Book 2.

6 Likes

This is what I do every day. XD

It sometimes eases my impatience but some other times, I just wish I have Book 1 at my hands already.

4 Likes

When the thirst for book one reaches maximum.

30 Likes

This gif runs through my head every time I think about this game. So, several times a day. Can’t overstate how ready I am for the rest of Book One.

1 Like

Yes each book should be it’s own thing. She said she wanted it to be kinda like a tv series, something different each time.

2 Likes

@Seraphinite hate the be the annoying little as per say since you say no a couple of times to showing how you see the characters as…however though since more people are on team boy bravo than team girl bravo, how about you just show how you envision the girls as? :grinning:

Please

2 Likes

@idonotlikeusernames - Even though there will be no kissing, it doesn’t mean there won’t be some good romance scenes, yeah :wink: I definitely want there to feel like there’s a proper build up to the romance in Book One, especially after the ‘commitment’ choice.

@microwave04 - Yeah, as the others said, each book will have a new bad guy and a new story- though the romances will be an overarching storyline running throughout all the books.

@AwkwardNature - That… puppy… those eyes… very tempted… But, probably not :smiley: I really don’t want to lead anyone’s impression of the team, and would rather everyone picture their own version of how they’d like them! Maybe one day though… in the very far future!

I’m so glad to hear you guys are enjoying the Tumblr asks :smiley: I was worried I was flooding people with Wayhaven stuff and people might be getting bored of it before it’s even released!

Seeing as it’s mid-week, and to try and give myself a bit of boost, I thought I’d post some unedited snippets from the small romance moments I’ve just written.

These are not too spoilery as they’re out of context- but still, a bit spoilery, just in warning! The spoiler tag was also being weird for me, so might be a lot of clicking to reveal it all, sorry…

Adam/Ava
(If subtle flirt option with Adam/Ava is chosen, and you have high romance points - written as Adam):

“I don’t think you’re a monster, Adam,” I reply finally, my tone just as serious as his had been.

The hostility in his stance drops, though it seems hesitant, a frown fighting for position on his expression, but succumbing to regret instead. “Maybe you should.”

Mason/Morgan
(If bold flirt option chosen- written as Morgan):

“I suppose that would depend…” I reply, sauntering a step closer and almost seeming to catch the woman off-guard. But, she instantly regains her composure from the previous surprise, and instead gives an encouraging smile. “How much time do you have to spare?”

Morgan’s pleased smile thins to a smirk and she straightens herself from leaning on the doorway. “All the time we need.”

Also, bonus for my favourite non-flirt choice option with M so far :smiley: :
Choice: “Did you just tell me to shove off and proposition me at the same time?”

Nate/Nat
(If subtle flirt option chosen- written as Nate):

“Talking can be very-”

“Stimulating?”

My brow arches at his interruption… and choice of word!

He chuckles, dropping his gaze before flicking it back up to mine. “Sorry. You seem to be able to pull my thoughts from me before I have a chance to process them.”

Felix/Farah
(If bold flirt option chosen- written as Farah):

Her tongue rolls over her lip as her gaze wanders over me. “But, I gotta say, finding you outside my room put my head in a spin. In a good way- not in The Exorcist kind of way.”

The flirtatious tone, added with the humour, helps settle the uncertainty which was bubbling inside of me. I let out a laugh, though it quietens to a stop as her fingers brush gently down my forearm.

So there you go :smiley: Hope you enjoyed them!

I’m still working on Chapter Eleven because I forgot I have to write 3 different variations of the ending scene depending on the choice made at the end of Chapter Ten. More work than I thought, but should be worth it! It’s coming on well :slight_smile:

Hope everyone has a great day!

65 Likes

[ * Read the Nate/Nat flirt. ] Stars above, save me from the ‘nice’ one… [ * Desperately fanning myself. ]

22 Likes

Must resist temptation… I want to read them… Noppe… Must wait…

Edit 1: Temptation wins

1. I read F’s first and well I gotta say… :wink: .
  2. N’s just too adorable
  3. M’s just :rofl: and :flushed:
  4. I just went :hugs: with A’s
11 Likes

I AINT FOOLING ANYONE IF I SAID I’D BE SAYING I WON’T READ THE SPOILERS UNTIL BOOK ONE IS RELEASED my self control towards TWC is nonexistent anyways

NATE SUDDEN YET SMOOTH FLIRTATION GOT ME LIKE

I don’t think this boy would let me live if he keep up with that ;;

17 Likes

@Seraphinite okay you know you own part of my soul ever since I happily chanced on Lady’s Choice but this is a whole new level of JUST TAKE IT

Why are they all like this? I want to romance everyone but A + N are now top priority officially :((

And it doesn’t help that there was an ask on A today that basically got my feelings going

12 Likes

Okay :relaxed::ok_hand: just in case this puppy shipping himself to the far future, so you keep your word.

2 Likes

Do you perchance have a link to that for the deliberately “social” media deficient, such as me? Please.

reads Morgan’s scene

dies

5 Likes

This is in reference to an earlier ask where what if the MC wrote a confession letter to their love interest but never sent it and said vampire (whom they are already dating at this point) finds it: http://seraphinitegames.tumblr.com/post/164248078504/that-letter-ask-if-mc-told-adamava-that-their

There are a lot more asks but really Sera’s tumblr is a treasure trove

4 Likes

Indeed, some of my suspicions about Adam confirmed again, such as him being a high maintenance guy. If that comes with a sense of fashion too it will be an absolute delight once we get to situations where we can get Adam to dress up (or a masked ball/halloween party or something).

Now if we can just convince him to grow his hair out a bit later on in the series (so my mc can play with it and because it looks hot of course), he’ll be the picture of perfection. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Oh god this WIP is going to kill me and I am strangely completely okay with this. XD

2 Likes