The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

@Rhyske - I hope the replay value will be good :smiley: I tend to average about 3500 words a day, and I try to write every weekday. Some days are better than others if I’m on a roll! Thank you for the lovely comment :slight_smile:

@squarelyblue - OMG- first fanfiction! (hyperventilates) This is so exciting! And it’s so awesome and incredibly written! I love undercover stuff, and it’s something that may crop up :wink: It’s so cool to see the characterisation too. Adam is near spot-on, which I’m hoping means that I’ve managed to create well-defined characters- even just in seven chapters! (I’ll be answering more Tumblr asks this week every morning, hopefully that will help with the uncertainties you had in character!).
Thank you so much for posting it, it’s seriously awesome to think people want to spend their free time creating things for the Wayhaven world!

It’s so cool to see people are interested in other characters in Wayhaven! Bobby is certainly difficult to pin down at times- their ambition can make them a bit unpredictable, even if it makes their motives predictable!

Hopefully, people will enjoy the scene with them that I’ve written :slight_smile: (Also actually described what they look like a bit more in that scene after completely forgetting to do it earlier in the story, lol!)

I’m back to it later today. Work should be a bit calmer, so hopefully will be able to really press forward with getting a good amount done this week! If I could get Chapter Eleven mostly completed, I would be super happy! Though, it is a split scene chapter, so will probably take quite a bit to get done.

Thank you so much for your continued support and enthusiasm, everyone! It really keeps me motivated to know people are enjoying it and are as excited for the story as I am :slight_smile:

49 Likes

BLESSED BY THE AUTHOR

//gasps dramatically

Hopefully I finish soon though :> I’m inching towards the climax but honestly I’m more excited for the resolution part because //clenches fist

9 Likes

I’m basing Bobby on my first bf, though it only lasted two month :expressionless:. Turns out he called me his ‘bank’ in front of his friends which basically means he can ask me for money anytime, make me work on his art assignments, and also cheated on me with two other girls. TWO!
In my defense I was young and naive, but yeah. Just like Bobby, he also had the gall to pretend like nothing happened. That’s why I really wanted a scene where we can make him jealous :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I absolutely love games like this that focus on romance a lot but I’m also always faced with the dilemma of who to romance I could never choose between any of these lovely sassy babies :’>

All the characters are so well written to! I can’t wait to see how the mc’s romantic/platonic relationships develop! I’m especially looking forward to future interactions with everyone’s fav doc verda.

5 Likes

I naturally based Bobby off of my ex too :joy:

1 Like

I haven’t had a bad ex to base Bobby off of because I don’t date much. It doesn’t mean I don’t get asked out, I just have a type and I’m not afraid to say I have higher than average standards. Anyways, he reminds me of those highschool popular boys who only pay attention to you enough to throw a snide remark your way or use you as the business end of a joke.

2 Likes

Are you ok with fan art?

1 Like

I’m sure they are okay with fan art (or at least on tumblr) and I always see you around. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone else worry about Agent Mum’s stress levels? I feel as if raising the MC (potentially as a single parent, too) and working that job and keeping all those secrets she undoubtedly has might be bad for her health. I’d love for the MC to be able to talk to her about that… maybe I’m a sucker for heart-to-hearts with mums in general though because I have a list of them I’d like to have with her.

18 Likes

It’d be awesomenif they had a break through in their relationship if they started off on the wrong foot.

7 Likes

Just gotta double check! I get confused sometimes of where to upload, to the Tumblr or here.

Yesss!! For my MC who has a poor relationship with her this is one of my greatest hopes - that they’ll be able to have these honest, restorative conversations about things they’ve both been holding back for years and it’ll take a while but good lord imagine how much that could work towards rebuilding their relationship and a sense of trust :grin:

2 Likes

There also someone who upload their fan art here so it’s okay I guess :thinking:

I’m not sure if it’s good that people can base Bobby off of real life exes, lol… Bobby is a real piece of work, thankfully I have never met anyone like that in real life!

@Phoenix_Wolf - Yes, I’m VERY ok with fan art :smiley: Thank you for asking! Here or Tumblr is all good.

@thatdodgymoggie - Yeah, I can imagine Agent Mum is a ball of worry and stress beneath that professional facade. Though, saying that, she is pretty good at dealing with her feelings and processing them quickly!

I’ve finally worked out how I’m going to handle the mother relationship too! I wanted the game to pick up on the possible changes in relationship eg an MC who had a strained relationship in the past growing closer to mother after everything revealed, or vice versa, or relationship not changing much at all, etc.

I’ve added a ‘Current relationship’ bar for Rebecca, which will track how close the MC and Rebecca are now. So, hopefully, that will pick up on the nuances. (So if an MC had a good relationship in the past, but the current relationship bar is very low, it will show that they’ve grown apart, etc.).

Hope everyone is doing well! :slight_smile:

38 Likes

Better now having seen this, but not too bad before. :blush:

Hope you are doing well too, or even better. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for the clearance! I’ve drawn my two MCs; they’re kind of a reflection of each other.

Angelica Day; by the book, intimidating, stoic but she understands when she needs to let up. She doesn’t like her actions questioned, challenged, and hates when people disrespect her.
ROs: Adam or Mason (<–I fucking love this name. I was excited when I read it)

Myra Starr; Friendly, approach-able, loose on the rules. Though she is all around nice, she does have a thin breaking point and blows up at people who takes advantage of her; hates being treated like some pushover. She can be flirty at times and does admit to being a hopeless romantic.
ROs: Nate or Felix

Common: Both are very skilled and take their job seriously. They don’t have the best background nor the best the relationship with their mother.

18 Likes

Holy craaaaaap, these are amazing!

Ah thank you! (20 char)

Aah, they’re so awesome :smiley: I really like how their appearance and colour palette match their personalities!

13 Likes

My attempt at one of the warehouse scenes, I know it’s messy but it was a five minute drawing with a notepad and ink pen.

15 Likes