The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

Who is A? Do you mean Ava/Adam?

1 Like

Yeah, their names both start with A, so either way I’m talking about the same person.

Also, I’m thinking our reporter friend may become more of a problem in the future. Especially since they said they wouldn’t be using our rookie receptionist anymore, but that they’d find other forms of information gathering.

6 Likes

how do you romance her? she hates me for some reason

1 Like

You can only romance vampires in this game so far.

which vampires?
20 characters

A is a bit hard to understand. Just ignore their jibes but don’t be a pushover. Be friendly when you’re alone with them.

1 Like

thanks! and do you know how to romance Farah, i can only get as far as flirting with her

Always choose to be with her on missions.

1 Like

thanks
20 characters

…And then there’s my MC who’s always engaged in battle with A and M XD

9 Likes

will the demo be updated to that point as well?

no, sera has said that the demo will not be updated

4 Likes

The demo is complete, we must wait for her to publish the game to continue.:disappointed_relieved:

6 Likes

I hope they consider beta testing before though. No person is perfect in their first draft of writing

1 Like

They have already stated they would have a beta…

2 Likes

Oh man! I’d love to beta test it. :heart_eyes:

@Seraphinite I know you are a gifted artist. Are you planning on doing any art of the characters or town once the release of the game happens?

2 Likes

I remember someone asked the same question over tumblr. She mentioned that she will leave it to how we picture them based on how she describe them.

4 Likes

@augustus27 - I wouldn’t worry too much about romancing any of the vampires too much yet- you don’t need to build romance points or anything to enter a romance. There will a definite choice of who you want to enter a romance with. But, to get their small romance scenes so far, you should choose to go with them whenever you can and then pick one of the two romance options given at certain points (shy or bold flirt option).
@Kelsie_Grobben is right that A responds more to that type of personality. But, you can romance any of the vamps with whatever personality you choose to be.
There isn’t much romance in the demo past the small flirt scenes though, so no ‘true’ romance yet :slight_smile:

@Phoenix_Wolf - There will be a beta (I think it’s a requirement before publishing in Hosted Games, anyway?). But, I also have some trusted readers who will go through it as well. So, it should be nice and polished before being released!

@spunkycatninja - I think I will be on my knees asking you to be a beta tester! You’re already making it much smoother with your grammar checks :smiley:
As for art- I probably won’t release any art I’ve done or will do of the characters. Just because I don’t want people to feel that the way I imagine them and draw them is how the characters have to look. The beauty of interactive fiction is that there’s nothing visual, so people can imagine what they want- even if it’s nothing like how I described them.
But, I may release some art of the town itself at some point- maybe a map or something :slight_smile:

Hope everyone is doing well! Will give a progress update tomorrow :slight_smile:

33 Likes

Ha! Just saw some anon ask about art on tumblr! What a weird coincidence! Great minds and all that jazz. :smile:

Guess that means I’m going to have to learn to draw. I need some Wayhaven fan art in my life. There’s simply not enough.

@Seraphinite Heck yes! I know it won’t be for a long time, but I’ll be ready to go for testing when it’s time!

3 Likes