The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

Pretty sure I’m torn between Ava and Nat actually, maybe with Farah as a fun flirt girl. Sorry Morgan, you’re not my type. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Ava resides in my heart. Farah is the one I had most fun bantering with so I’m hoping MC can establish a lasting friendship with her. Nat seems meh (for now and based on my personal tastes, my opinion will probably change once we see more of her). Morgan has been… interesting, to say the least.

4 Likes

I guess I’m going with Ava too. If only Nat wasn’t so “forcefully kind” or had a third of Farah’s sense of humor… but she doesn’t. Oh well.

But things can still change. How and when the MC will find out about everything might have a significant impact. I still have not seen enough of Morgan to dismiss her, though being a smoker is a negative.

Well I guess Nat instinctively appeals to me because I like nice polite and smart girls myself, plus she reacts well to my character’s humor and occasional snark. I also loved the bandage scene you can have with her on the stakeout. Farrah is fun too though, I focused on her more in my second playthrough and found I liked her more, though if it was me I would probably find her forwardness a little awkward.

I suppose with Morgan being the quiet dark horse you need to help her open up more. Not a fan of a smoker either.

4 Likes

Drinking blood is ok, but that’s where you draw the line? (I’m joking)

I’d guess Morgan will be a complex character :thinking:, so far we’ve seen that she is developing feelings for MC but fears getting attached. I think seeing how that’s going to be dealt with will be rather interesting since I have commitment issues myself :thinking:.

3 Likes

To be fair my character doesn’t know any of them are vampires yet, or how they handle the blood thing. I dunno how the guy’s going to handle that yet. :wink:

RO: I’m a vampire, we can’t be together.

turns the head, pulling on the collar

MC: Bite.
:joy:

18 Likes

I agree with all of that, though Morgan is more interesting :heart_eyes: rather than interesting

Yeah see I don’t suffer from that, I’m 100% stereotypical u-haul :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’ve been really looking forward to the update, and now that’s it’s out, I’m having mixed feelings about it. The RO’s scenes were great, they were all quite fittable according to their personalities and it felt really fleshed out. The way the MC could have different reactions to those scenes were also a plus. However I feel like the plot is not really going anywhere. Sure, there is a vampire out there killing people with “special blood” and apparenly his pheromones (this was also a plus!) can affect us. But what else? Why is he going after such people? How are these people found? I know that this question will be answered in time, but even if you want to create a misterious foe, you should still give the character some more screen time. Also, the last scene was rather obvious, at least for me. Anyway, looking forward for more, as usual. Your writing is great.

4 Likes

Just finished playing the demo for the first time today! That cliff hanger really got to me lol. I was staring at the screen of my computer shocked. I thought that my character died, but it’s really just the end of the chapter. Right? Right???

More seriously, I thought that this was really really great! I love how you characterized everyone, and I love how my MC is turning out. Can’t wait for an update or better yet, when this becomes published!

1 Like

Spelling Error: There should be an “a” in between.

If I am right, that’s actually a correct sentence.

“…how did someone so young become detective so quickly?” Suggests that the speaker is referring specifically to the title of detective within Wayhaven.

“…how did someone so young become a detective so quickly?” Suggests the speaker is referring to the position of detective in general, in regards to no specific place.

2 Likes

Actually now that I think about, you could go both ways.

1 Like

Just finished playing the demo and really enjoyed it, especially the budding romance scenes. Great writing too. There is just enough to fill in the details and stir up the imagination :slight_smile: looking forward to more!

Thank you so much for the comments and feedback, guys! I’m really appreciative of you taking the time to go through it and leave your thoughts :slight_smile: It’s even more encouraging to find out people are enjoying it!

I’ve got some feedback I can take on board for future chapters, and thank you to those who pointed out the bugs! (Still struggling with catching all those RO gender shifts :smiley: ).

As for specific questions asked:

@Ninja1 - Stats are something I’m still working on. They will have an affect on certain moments, usually after a choice has been made. For example, the choice may be, ‘Try to fight off a bad guy’- then, depending on stats, you will manage to effectively fight them off, or struggle to do so, or not manage it. I won’t take away choices dependant on stats (so, a choice for combat won’t be greyed out), but the outcome of that choice will differ depending on stats.
The big, story choices won’t be personality or trait stat-based, but they may be affected by relationship stats. Stats will also sometimes change dialogue when talking with characters.

@shettiejw - Currently, I have no idea how many chapters will be in each book :smiley: My plan goes a bit all over the place as soon as I start actually writing the chapters. I’ll keep you all regularly updated though- hopefully I’ll have a better idea as I’m coming towards the end!
Each supernatural will be restricted to Wayhaven, yes. Unit Bravo’s assignment will be Wayhaven, other Units protect other places. That way I also don’t have to deal with specifying where Wayhaven is :smiley:

(Sorry if I missed any questions, just shoot me a PM, or comment again if I did, I’ll be happy to answer!)

I’m back to it today. Starting on Chapter Eight! As I said, I’ll keep you guys regularly updated whilst I’m writing and throw in the odd snippet here and there :wink:
Though, I might not be around quite as often. I like to really settle down and just write without too many distractions (and the internet is far too easy a place to get distracted! :D)

Hope everyone is doing well :slight_smile:

46 Likes

Hi @Seraphinite !
Nice to hear from you. XD Wow, you’re doing chapter 8 already. I really wish you the best and I hope I could be part of the beta but I’m doing a beta on another WIP so I guess I have to be patient. XD Anyway, I found this when I’m playing as a guy MC during the patrol scene.

Gender Shift

I suppose there will be free time to up your professional stats as well?

1 Like

I tried all 4 ROs but I have to say that Nat has got to be my favorite :heart_eyes: Ava being my 2nd of course. Which is kinda strange for me because I always almost go for the feisty ones or the super flirty ones like Farah. Nat gave me a change of heart though hihi.

As a person who values relationships in games the most AND a romantic that loves some thrill, this game checks all the boxes for me. Great writing btw! And, HOLY. SHIT. THAT. CLIFFHANGER. THOUGH. :clap::clap::clap: you sure do know how to keep the reader on their toes!

4 Likes

I don’t get what’s the big deal about Ava/Adam. The best thing I can say about her/him is the fact that I’m loving to hate her/him :confused: But still better than Mason/Morgan for me.

Nat all the way :heart: She’s so sweet, and gorgeous and kyaaa >w< It was love at the first sight, haha :blush:

I don’t get tired of praising this game, really, it’s so perfect :heart:

5 Likes

Well, since we are speaking of romance options… The big deal about Adam is that some people are drawn to quiet, forceful and guarded, seemingly cold types that are so fun to “defrost”.
Nate is… how I put this… a classic type. He has pretty much everything that makes a person appealing, both romantically and socially. That’s why he is my second favourite, but I also know quite a number of people irl who would find him either dull or too sweet to romance.
When it comes to “not getting”, I personally couldn’t care less about Mason or Felix as romance options, though maaaaaybe I can see how they could be appealing to other people. Maaaaybe. :smirk: Not my cup of tea, though.

2 Likes

Mason is very “mysterious” and she seems like a hoot to tease… her smoking turns me off though. Every time she lights up, I get that stale taste in my mouth you get when as a non-smoker you kiss a smoker. :innocent:

11 Likes