The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

Wow, that’s quite the discussion on hand on hip, lol :smiley: To be honest, I didn’t think about it from a behavioural aspect, I just thought it was a fun character thing. I’m not gonna take it out completely, 'cause I still like it and I don’t think actions need to be gender-specific, but I will balance it out with other things. I think someone mentioned it before, so it’s not happened so much in later chapters, so should just be earlier chapters to sort out with it.

@Okami-Nora - Haha! Those hair gifs :smiley: That’s all I’ll be able to see now when writing the MC! Also, good catches on the phone message scene. I like to add small variations in like that, just because I think it adds to the characters :slight_smile:

@Xarena - Yeah, as the others said, it’s just waiting for the full book. Which I’m as excited to get written as people are to read :smiley:

@JustcallmeAlex - I’m really glad you’re enjoying it! Characters won’t fight over you because you choose who you want to romance quite early on, so the romance is then set on who you choose.
I’m hoping it will be possible for you to break up with the ROs at some point during the series, and either get back together later or start romancing someone else. But, this depends if I can slot it into the story naturally, and also if the coding doesn’t get too much. So, it’s still in the air, but something I really would like to put in if I can :slight_smile: The break-up probably will have to be initiated by the MC.
Bobby is an interesting character to write :smiley: I’m looking forward to how they weave into the story throughout the series!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend :slight_smile: I’m hoping to get one branch of Chapter Nine finished over next couple of days. It’s quite a big scene to end the branch, but should be quite exciting to complete (also there’s the first smallest hint of the love triangle popping up in it if you’ve been splitting your MC’s attentions between N and A, which is fun!). Then it’s onto the other branch… so much writing, lol :smiley:

52 Likes

I’m wondering if the RO’s comment on your sanity when they realize that you dated Bobby in college, or the interaction between Bobby and Agent Mom lol. Also yay for small hint of love triangle :smiley:

12 Likes

You might also have to consider if the MC can do it gently enough so that they walk out of those relationships with their life, if not their body intact.

After all, hell hath no fury like a supernatural lover scorned because you decided to ship with someone else. I can imagine A dealing with it in her usual fashion (if ending up a little more jaded afterwards), but the other 3… yeah, I really hope garlic and stakes actually do the trick.

8 Likes

This is something I am excited to see about too. Bobby seems like s/he is going to be such a fun complication to come up against in the story. There is a lot of potential there, even in s/he was not picked as an ex, to stir up some delicious trouble and reactions. LOL

7 Likes

Nadia looks a lot like Meryl from Metal Gear Solid. Must be the red hair and the military look she has.

My childhood! :grinning:

Which I had never noticed back in the day had a lot of adult humor like looney toons until I re-watched it when I was older. :laughing:

I certainly wasn’t expecting it to become much of a conversation topic myself.

Maybe it is a matter of where the hand is gesturing for a moment that makes it seem feminine to some people? Even if it is for a moment, people do tend to follow a gesture to something with much more focus than we realize. A female’s hips tend more noticeable than a male’s often thinner, straight hips while a male’s upper body (like their arms) tend to be larger than a female’s more often than not. :thinking:

That said, personality and a person’s physical appearance can play just as much of a role in how a gesture it seen. Take a habit I share with my friend: crossing our arms while looking straight at someone when we know we are about to be displeased or don’t agree with what the other person about to do or say. When my friend does it, people see it as a pout and oddly cute due to their small build. When I do it, however, despite being described constantly as looking much younger than I am (and not being that tall either), a good deal of people have found the gesture to be more intimidating due to my more stocky build (a number of pointed out that the muscles in my arms become more noticeable when I cross them). We both do the the same thing, but people see the actions somewhat differently due to how we look physically and our personalities (they are much more extrovert and expressive than I am).

There’s a lot of factors that can make a gesture seem ‘masculine’ or ‘feminine’. But a culture’s views, a society’s own focus on matter of gender, and deeply ingrained preconceptions do play a pretty big role on the matter. It is a personal matter at the end of the day how we choose to be seen ourselves, whether other will agree it’s how we’re supposed to act or not. I can’t count the number of times I was constantly told not to do certain gestures or postures because it was ‘not something those of my gender did’. Luckily, most people have give up trying to tell me how I’m ‘supposed’ to standing and such. :sweat_smile:

That being said, I do enjoy the Detective’s habit and hope someone lampshades the fact that their hands being on their hips means sass is very likely going to follow the action.

I don’t know if I’d call it a good catch since I still have absolutely no idea what is likely going on with Felix/Farah and Morgan/Manson’s reactions. Nate/Nat and Ava/Adam are surprisingly both open in a way that make it somewhat easy to guess how they’re feeling about hearing the Detective’s voice. Meanwhile, we have these other two that come off more as wild cards themselves, but for different reasons.

9 Likes

@Seraphinite Will there be more than 3 save file slots available once you release the game? I know that I said Mason is my bae earlier, but I actually do love all the characters and plan to do a run through of all romance options. Since you are doing 7 books, I was wondering if you were planning on implementing more save files.

7 Likes

Random: has anyone read the asks in Seraphinite’s tumblr? Because I am living for them tbh

11 Likes

I am faithfully checking it every single day. XD

I really love those Q&As, they provides loads of information.

3 Likes

Yep, and I’ve also been asking. There are some really good questions, and I’ve been enjoying people’s artwork too. such good stuff there.

1 Like

Sadly, published games don’t have a save feature like that. Many have save points, but you can’t go back to the save point unless you die.

3 Likes

Tumblr randomly unfollowed her for some ungodly reason, has that happened to anyone else (not the first time it’s happened to me)? It was the work of demons, no doubt! :wink:

So I was missing the most recent asks, and yesterday I finally wondered why I hadn’t seen her posts in a while.

The highlight of my day was getting to read through all the asks I’d missed. Somehow they’re making me even more excited for the release and obsessed over the characters, if it’s possible.

4 Likes

Really? So only demos have the save function? That’s odd. That makes me so sad. :disappointed:

Wayhaven is my introduction to online interactive reading, so I had no idea.

1 Like

The tiny tidbits for the gang is great! THE ANGST ASK ABOUT CRITICALLY INJURED MC THO

6 Likes

I didnt know she had a tumblr for this game! Can anyone give me the link to her tumblr page? Pretty pleaseeee

1 Like

Here ya go: http://seraphinitegames.tumblr.com
(I think)

12 Likes

Yea unfortunately if you accidentally choose the wrong option or something like that you either have to purposefully die (if the game has that in it) or start all over to choose the different options. It’s a major pain unfortunately.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

@spunkycatninja - Yeah, I’m not sure what the save function is like for actually published Hosted Games, unfortunately :confused: Though, by the time I actually release it, maybe they will have implemented something!

I’m really glad people are enjoying the asks on Tumblr :smiley: They’ve been good fun- really got me thinking outside the box for some of the characters!

19 Likes

I had no idea @Seraphinite had a tumblr, i love when game creators do that :grin:. You get all sorts of interesting little tidbits.

4 Likes