The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

So while we wait for the game to come out, any theories on the team’s backgrounds or powers? I remember earlier in the thread that there was the idea that A was a british soldier and I was curious if there were any more ideas.

1 Like

I kinda hope MC will get to use some sort of magic possibly blood magic(bcs their mysterious blood)or some other type of Dark Magic gotta need An edge agains supernatural at this point MC doesnt really standard a chance

1 Like

@Aleksa100 I forget, the victims that are like the Detective, is their blood drained or are they just killed? If its the later, the MC’s power could be like the power of a character from “A Certain Magical Index” , I forget her actual name, but vampires were attracted to her bloods sweet scent. As such they were drawn from across the world in hopes of devouring her. However, upon ingesting her blood the vampires would die shortly after. Her blood was a poisonous/forbidden fruit for vampires, they KNEW it would kill them, but they didn’t care, all they wanted was that sweet, succulent taste, knowing full well it would be their last.

2 Likes

I was thinking something like blood bending from avatar
And if mc’s blood Is toxic to them could the be using it for some form of bio weapons?

While Blood Bending would be quite cool, I don’t think that is the case. If it were they wouldn’t have been killed by the murderer. That or they have the potential, but it unfortunately was unrealized at that time.

As for my theory of it being toxic to them, well the killer does work in a hospital, albeit a morgue. He may be trying to synthesize something out the blood he collects, etc.

2 Likes

And anyway, didn’t Sonnet say that the MC is human? Yes, they have that mutation, but nothing magical about them. So, not to be a mood killer, but I doubt MC will have magic as it is now.

9 Likes

I actually enjoy that the MC isn’t really powerful or has some sort of powerful ability. It helps differentiate it from most CoG’s where the MC tends to be the most powerful person.

17 Likes

I agree! Something about that “average Joe” MC, who is surrounded by powerful people, yet still holds their own. Nice to have that for a change.

7 Likes

An Average Joe can still be as badass as a insanely powerful MC. Just gotta figure out some believable choices that can be applied to an Average Joe. I mean, Van Helsing was pretty much it in Bram Stoker’s Dracula and I’m ignoring the movie with Hugh Jackman since Jackman’s Van Helsing pretty much transforms into a werewolf to fight off vampires in it.

2 Likes

Jackman’s van helsing is Loosely based in the video game Castlevania. Where van helsing is actually the archangel Gabriel but his memories were erased by God. That’s why in the movie Dracula calls him ‘Gabriel’ more than once. He was OP from the beginning because he can never die.

2 Likes

Right but it’s been years since I saw the movie. And it was meh at the best, ya know? But that may had been a pretty poor comparison so I might need to find a suitable choice. Maybe Batman? Without all of the costume and the money. He’s just a normal human with alot of martial arts training going up against overwhelming odds, even if it’s a evil alien looking to destroy Earth or a supernatural being.

2 Likes

Indeed it was meh but it has the best werewolf in any movie. Thats one big boy

6 Likes

I remember when I was younger watching it for the first time in theaters, some people lost their minds because of that scene. But yeah that was some beautiful CGI work the movie had.

3 Likes

I’m getting so fidgety that I read through various of Seraphinites prompts and the Q & A area.
One post got me thinking and I just had to make an obligatory Highschool AU to which every fandom seems to have. I’ll show myself out…

(Happy One-monthaversary to the beginning of Copyediting)

33 Likes

I’ve camped around sera’s tumblr for days, like, almost each day i read new asks in hopes to keep me sane from the thirst these four vampires have given me. From all those reading, I have a theory that N could have the background of a high class aristrocrat in the medieval or regency times hence the reasons his not so keen on learning technology or find it a struggle to understand them. Plus, there’s an ask and Though, Sera had said he can speak a lot of languages even ancient ones.

The idea that A is a british soldier is plausible. He has this solid sense of order and responsibility that soliders usually possess because of their training and helped them survive the war. Yes, I specifically imagine him as World War veteran But it could really just be from all the training from the Agency. It’s not far off that all members (especially Mason) of Team Bravo have that some sort of thinking too as they come from The Agency! But Sera said in an ask that A knows french and Latin and we all know latin hasn’t been spoken for a long, long time. Given that A has British accent, I tried to do some research on Latin being spoken in England and it turns it was when the conquerors from Roman invaded the country did crept into the Celtic Language! (Though, I’m not so sure so if anyone knows about this you can correct me.)

As for M, there’s not much info to munch over when it comes to him. But it could be he almost have a semblance with A’s background in a sense that he worked into that kind of field like maybe in the Navy or Air Force. Or that _A_and him were comrades. But for sure, he’s the one with the most emotional baggage which means he could’ve experience a toxic or harsh environment where his trust and feelings got tested to their limits.

Lastly, F gives me the impression that he is more of human-turned into a vampire. I don’t why exactly but probably he is one of the guys that is much more welcome to the idea of joining the detective into their team who is a human…for now. He might got turned in his teens and somewhere in the 90s era with being the one whose definitely the guy you can throw any tv show preference and would get it most of the time since he adapted into the technology age quite well.

these are just my two cents :slight_smile:

9 Likes

You’re right. Rome stretched as far as Northern England. It was an absolute monster of an empire in terms of size and strength in its heyday. However, I wouldn’t bet my money on A being a Roman Era Briton as Latin is regularly taught in schools to this day.

Even after the Fall of Rome, Latin continued to be the common language that people used to communicate with in science, literature, law, administration, and especially the Catholic Church. It wasn’t until the 17th century that French began to overtake Latin as the common language used for commerce and diplomacy.

If I were to guess, I would say that A was a veteran of the Napoleonic Wars (on the British side of course), I would bet cold hard cash on that. It would make them old enough to no longer truly feel anything for humans, but just young enough that they can still adept well to changing times.

F, for whatever reason, I always imagined as a pre-Civil War era New Orleanian of mixed race. I have no reason for it beyond their (to me) mixed race and French last name, which to me, an American from California who has never been to New Orleans and whose entire knowledge of its history and culture comes from Hollywood stereotypes, pretty much screams New Orleans, ma cher.

M…I have no idea. Not a one.

N…for fcks sake, except for M, N is the hardest fucking one.
They know all these frickin’ languages, is as approximately as old as but not older than A, and is like…the nicest fucker on the planet. I don’t…I cannot…
Wh-what does that tell me about their past? Nothing. We don’t even know which languages they learned first which would be a huge frickin’ clue as to their age. I mean…they’re tall?
I–it tells me nothing, I know nothing about N and that makes me so frustrated omfg.

11 Likes

MASON LOOKS SO GOOD HERE oh my his emo teen days :joy:

ALSO Felix omg so cute smooch him already

1 Like

Was Latin still used widely by that time?
Going back to the topic, that timeline for Adam fits him well. It was a time for a lot of battle and seeing those events in person can make you feel and see humanity in a different way, plus, it would make sense if that’s when he learned to speak french too.

There were some theories that F possess mixed nationalities because of his surname and his tan skin. But the surname could also lead as a pseudonym. There was a discussion here somwhere, F’s background can be narrowed down to New Orleans for now.

Why do I feel like he’d find it more of a worry revealing his hometown rather than getting injured?

Finding N’s background passing as a difficult puzzle did not hit me until…now. Well, the things about Nate that I know that came from the asks is that he is usually connected to classical music as referring to what music he might prefer, nature is also something mentioned a couple of times, they generally like everyone, and “sticks to classical form of entertainment” quoting Sera.

1 Like

I kind of pictured M as a 1800s trapper, roughing it in the woods, rarely around other people except native Americans. But then he hated Alaska, right? I honestly have no idea. Perhaps he was just a drummer in a 80s rock band lol. This one is definitely a real mystery.

to me love see this as anime some day or movie because how story go that will be first choice of game game being in that

1 Like