The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

me to it kill me waiting for this long but life is life

4 Likes

Day 39:

Supplies are dwindling, morale is low. I fear we might not last for much longer.
Only hope keeps us going, but that too is growing scarcer by the moment…

May God Choice of Games have mercy on us all and deliver us from our struggles.

22 Likes

Fanfic. Fanfic is the answer :))

Or we can play Q/A for our detectives like in the CotG thread

1 Like

I thought you’d never ask! :grin:

Let’s start with the simplest stuff first so people have a chance to jump in.

• Detective’s name

• Most important stats (as in, you don’t have to name exactly what all they are, only the ones most pertinent to their personality–I would personally also lump their style of clothing in this, but that’s just me)

• Relationship with their mother, and why (I’ll be keeping a close eye on these because I wonder about the cross-pollination between the COTG thread and this one), and if anyone cares, what they think of Tina and Bobby

• RO (if any)

• Any other headcanons like hobbies, formative memories, etc, things that just wouldn’t make it into the game

5 Likes

but we will fight for this game no one will stop it now or ever

I understand, but considering the this topic has at most a month or two of life left until the thread for Book 2 is made, I figure we can have a little fun, no?

Please be respectful of the author and don’t start shipping wars or such … copy-edit is a good thing. It may be a long process getting the grammar and American English standard but it will get down and the game will be released sooner then later.

6 Likes

Ok, that is so cool.

So my first playthrough will be with.
Name: Astraea “that should be a big clue to the stats if you’re into mythology, she is the goddess of innocence”

Stat: Charm, friendly, easy going. (Basically a sweet, innocent little thing).not to be confused with someone u can walk all over.
And she loves being part of a team as it makes her feel like she has a big family.

She gets along with her mom greatly even though she was absent alot, but if you dig a little deep you’d find some bitterness about that too.

RO: omg, she would enjoy cracking mason’s walls and planting a seed of her sweet bright light into his heart.

Also she is sweet, you don’t want to be near her when she gets mad, and i mean really mad about something big, because then she is not so sweet and innocent anymore

7 Likes

am not plan start war i just now author will not give up on this hard work there we all now that we here because of it see what all these 382 people what came see all of this hard work play out

I understand your concern at the possibility of this sort of talk devolving into negativity and patience (of which I am admittedly guilty).
I only thought that it would be more constructive for people to share the Detectives they’ve roleplayed in the demo so far instead of complaining about the wait (like I have…ahem).

That said, I understand if you’d rather we refrain from this kind of talk in order to prevent the coversation from devolving. Just say the word and I’ll delete my last two posts.

2 Likes

me to i understand i take guilty to

Just want to say that I am buying this the SECOND it’s out.

11 Likes

Sera will wake up being the new Bill Gates if it depends on us lol

11 Likes

Y’know, since we’re all here and waiting for the game, now is probably a good time to ask a question: How do you raise the deduction stat? Is there even a way to do that?

1 Like

I was snoopin’ around the code last night, and yeah actually! It’s just that the choices that raise deduction aren’t as obvious as sarcastic, charming, friendly, or flirty answers.

As with the other professional stats, the option to raise it just doesn’t come up unless your character is explicitly on the clock so to speak, like when you’re examining bodies, talking to Verda, instances like that.

I would suggest just saving when you’re about to make choices in professional situations. Again, it’s pretty subtle so you might be playing around a lot.

Hope that helps!

4 Likes

I’ve been watching too much Anime and they’ve always seemed to have a Beach episode no matter if it makes sense with the plot or not. SO, I thought I’d give it a try with Bravo team.
Sue me, I’m going nuts over the wait.

14 Likes

(Has to try and imagine Bravo Team in hot bikinis instead)

https://m.popkey.co/637bff/0e1r_f-maxage-0.gif

20 Likes

Gets a massive nosebleed after thinking about Morgan in a bikini.

6 Likes

Thank you so much! :smiley: I’ll try doing what you suggested!

… ok ///// - -/////
i have seen to much
~ walk out slowly~