The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

I predict 3 main types of people when Book One is released:

1. those who will disappear from the forum for half month because they will be busy holed up alone in their rooms replaying 467835 times and then write a 10.000 word essay about “why bae is sooo bae”.

2. those who will do a Lifestream while reading and doing the best impersonation of a screaming banshee.

3. those who are #deceased because of the deadly combo of excitement & waiting. May you rest in peace. We will honor your memory with lots of memes. lol

40 Likes

You sorely underestimate us, don’t forget that the fandom has the power to create fanfiction, don’t rule that out of the disappearance equation :smile:

11 Likes

Which reminds me I should finish that fanfic I’ve been writing :))

And finish the rest of my Wayhaven prompts in general (rip)

1 Like

Lol, or alternating between the two as our desperation level changes through out the days :joy:

Here’s a train to get us started, but we might need more:

As for those pictures above, I’m on with both of them (if you change woman to man on the shirt). :crazy_face:

7 Likes

I’m going with the “Fanfic route” of the wait, since I’ve obviously got nothing better to do.
This is just a retelling of their first encounters, nothing too special.

Fanfic

Lisette’s usually a very healthy and hard to wear down person, so this incoming migraine was very unusual. The blonde’s been having an off-week as of late, being forced to take the mantle of detective and a murder case springing up as her first ever job after her promotion and then being pushed into investigating a warehouse filled to the brim with tetanus. Strictly speaking, it never bodes well on one’s psyche. Although, that wasn’t what was threatening to drill holes into her head, it was this…whatever it was.
She stands there in confusion, mouth agape as she watches two grown men fight it out like two middle-aged women at a Costco sale.
Although, it was hard to see them clearly due to the lack of light.
Lisette didn’t know what she did to deserve this, she really truly didn’t, hopefully she has been entirely forgotten after being called out by the lankier of the two. The golden-blonde haired girl prayed that if she backed away slowly and silently, maybe she can convince herself that nothing happened, as if she hadn’t encountered two possible suspects. Coward she may be, suicidal she is not.

She snaps out of her thoughts as she hears multiple incoming footsteps in the other direction. “Should’ve just ran…”, she mutters under her breath.
Three more figures appear in the other side of the fight, ready to help one of the fighters and Lisette knew she had to interfere soon, before this escalates into another murder she didn’t want to investigate.
She mustered as much courage as she can and said,
“S-stay where you are, all of you!”

The newcomers freeze and seemingly shifts their gaze to her, yet the brawl still continues as the big one finally pins the lankier man to the floor.
Having no other idea on how to get their attention, she pulls out something, anything from her purse. Lo and behold, she pulls up a whistle, having no other time to search her dark hole of a purse, she blows into it, producing a high deafening noise that travels through the whole warehouse and had everyone covering their ears.
“Was that a rape whistle?”, someone whispers.

She looks back at the two that were fighting, she notices that the bigger of the two had been knocked on his back, seemingly rubbing his chin in pain and the other was nowhere in sight. He gets up and starts walking towards her. Crap, crap, crap, what exactly was her plan after getting their attention?
Panicking, she spouts, “Don’t move, I have mace, the good stuffs, the type they use against bears!”

The figure pauses in his approach and she hears a deep throaty laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up. It relieved her that it was so dark as she flushed red in embarrassment from her panicked response. Although, it was cut short when she hears a threat coming from the lean man approaching her and her mind kicks into overdrive.

Multiple ideas spring to her mind as she prepares to defend herself. The plan was simple, like her step-father, but unlike him, this plan just might work out. She was to throw the smoke bomb that she carried directly at her aggressor and make a quick escape as she was vastly outnumbered. She feels for a round object in her purse and chucks it at the shadowy figure. “Eat this!”, she squeaks.

She watched in horror as she had just flung her crime prevention buzzer at him, hitting him square in the jaw and activating the object. It beeps obnoxiously and fills the stunned silence in the room. The suspect seemingly trembles in anger and crushes the buzzer with the sole of his shoes as another fit of laughter erupts like before only this time he laughs so hard his arms flails, the motion elbowing another beside him. A deep gruff growl emits from one of the three as he stood there rubbing the point of collision. “It seems as the crime buzzer has been used incorrectly”, another voice chimes in. As the other person finally finished cackling, “Man, this is one hell of a rookie cop, huh?”, he quips.

“S-shut up! It was an honest mistake, I panicked!”, she hisses vehemently.
Lisette needed to leave NOW, if they didn’t kill her, her embarrassment surely would. She notices that as she contemplated on her questionable decisions, the man had continued on his steady pace and is now at arms-length of her. She instinctively reached out for her pepper spray and sprayed him more than necessary and as he was in a stunned daze, she took the opportunity to knee him in his family jewels to make her quick escape. Although, it didn’t seem to have made him flinch in the slightest, he looked more surprised and shocked than bruised and suffering. She swore she hit him directly in the eye too… Regardless, she used his confusion to escape like a bat out of hell, leaving the 4-man group in a stupor.

2 Likes

Is it possible to be 1 & 3

I figured as much, but if Murphy can smell from, wherever he is, the other vampires should know exactly where the MC is. Having been so much closer to them. Assuming the vampires weren’t traipsing around the edge of town, in which case they would have caught onto Murphy sooner… that’s why I’m confused but maybe I’m just looking to far into it

Theory is that it’s probably the kind of vampire Murphy is (like he seems almost feral) – maybe he’s a borderline failed vamp transformation? If there are human turned vampires in the gang, maybe the transformation was so much more successful

As for why they can’t seem to catch Murphy, I feel whoever is pulling the strings in the bigger picture – am assuming the big bads of all the books are connected – is involved

[It’s a knee jerk theory right now but we’ll see]

EDIT: forgot to mention N in the team seems like the likely candidate for human to vamp transformation (same with F) so if ever this case probs will strike a chord with them

3 Likes

I might be paranoid or something, but I recall at the beginning that a team of demons was assigned to hunt Murphy, they were briefly slaughtered but, is this some low-key foreshadowing? On what? Beats me, but I don’t think sending Bravo team was the only consequence to that, it was really subtle in the text: “That’s what you get for sending demons to do a vampire’s job” Something to that effect.

1 Like

That scene stands out a fair bit in the text, actually. Not only with that line being said by F, but also how the MC’s mother says that there were pictures of the other team’s bodies.

The point of the scene is clear: Murphy is powerful and dangerous, even when he’s apparently alone.

4 Likes

I agree the N seems a likely candidate for human-turned-vampire, but I don’t know about F. In the Tumblr asks, they seem to take an almost child-like interest in human things and are confused/freaked out by the detective crying/getting upset. There was a post on Seraphinite’s tumblr that I think said that, if given the chance to become human, N and M would be the only ones to take that option, so maybe M was human at one point? (If I find the post, I’ll link it.)

4 Likes

I remember that ask. My impression there was that F is the flip side of the equation? N obviously longs for humanity and F is like “humanity is cool but beong a vamp is cooler 10/10 would not give up being a vamp”

EDIT: since we don’t know how the aging thing works with vamps other than immortal/near immortal lifrspans, it might be possible F was quite young when turned and then raised with vamps rather than humans

3 Likes

I think seraph mentioned in one of older tumblr posts who Is born and who Is made vamp

I thought vampires weren’t…born in this universe, only made?

At least that’s what I’ve gleaned off @Seraphinite’s tumblr. (I’ll admit, ehm…I’ve only read the posts tagged with Nate :sweat_smile:)

That’s true. I think I remember something about their aging being weird.

Day 28: I am slowly going insane, please send help.

16 Likes

There are apparently “natural” vamps and then “turned” vamps

Anyone’s guess though who’s who in the team though. Maybe except N for all his “I miss humanity” schtick

3 Likes

I think F was borning human, hence why she loves being a vampire so much since she can do more stuff. And Nat was borning Vampire and always wonder what it’s like to be human. Idk though who knows she F could have been conceived after Nat got turnt into one.

1 Like

Oh don’t worry about going insane.

We all are.

4 Likes