Yeah, I can totally see my MC fighting A or M if they are harsh with someone like yours lol.
Marian is the name of my Detective.
- For fuck sake! - Marian yell while hitting her desk, looking at her computer with a mix of disbelief and frustration -.
Douglas jumped on his desk, looking up from his own computer just to look down with a squeak as soon he did eye contact with a very pissed Detective.
- Hey, what’s up Marian? - Tina popped her head in her office with an inquisitive expression -. Did your pc froze again?
- Yes - she said with anger, still looking at the monitor as if that would bring it back to life -. And guess who lost an inform of the last three days.
- Ouch. Anyway, do you want to come for a coffee? Nothing puts you in a better mood than coffee and a doughnut with chocolate filling - she then took out her wallet and said with a tempting voice -. It’s on meeee…
Grinning at her, she stretched her back, grab her jacket and walk to the door with her.
- Girl, you know me too well.
Marian was closing her door office when she saw Adam “talking” with Gabrielle, if my memory wasn’t failing me, the other Detective, if you can describe talking as the stern look Adam was giving her while moving some papers on his hand. Marian was going to walk away, but when she saw the nervous expression on her fellow Detective, she had to intervene. And hell, any excuse was good to fight that A grade asshole.
Tina tried to say something, but Marian was already walking to them, frowning and happy to release her anger with that bloody computer of hers with some living thing.
As soon she was there, she stood next to the Detective, arms crossed and a look that could shut down most people.
- Detective Arkhen, is there anything you need? - Aden was giving her that look that worked so well to make her even more upset.
- I saw you two and I wonder if there is any problem? - with her 5’11, plus her boots, she was almost as tall as Adam.
A voice that sounded really cute to me came from my side.
- Detective, me and Adam were just going through some paperwork of other case that got mixed with the case his Unit is working on.
She looked at her and her expression softened immediately. It also made her more angry that Adam was being such an ass with someone as nice as her.
- Well, I’m sure our very professional companion can be nicer when speaking with anyone in this department, specially since we don’t work for him and he is not our superior. What about that, Adam? - rising her eyebrow, arms still crossed, she stared at him -.
Now it was his turn to frown and give me and even more stern look.
- Detectives, I would like to say that this information would be in good hands without my intervention, but I don’t see that happening.
That’s it, I had enough and this was going to get into a more physical business.
If it wasn’t for that small hand that grabbed me from my arm. Followed by the tiny Detective stepping ahead.
- You need to stop right there, Adam. We might not be as big as your “Agency”, but we not only work hard, we do a good job as the Police Department of Wayhaven, so if you are coming here, you are going to be respectful or cooperation will not be possible.
The biggest smug expression was in my face while listening to Gabrielle answer.
- That’s right Adam. So, if you excuse us, I’m sure you are extremely busy with… with whatever you do.
Looking at the tiny Detective, with a smile on my face, I asked.
- Me and Tina are going for a coffee, want to join us?
- Sure, just let me grab a few things.
“Well, that was unexpected”, Marian thought. When she came back, they joined Tina, who was looking at the scene with a hand on her face, trying to stop herself from laughing at the same time.
- You too are way to funny when you are around the Unit. Specially around Adam.
- Yeah, well, that is because he is an…
- Asshole? - the other Detective said with a smile -.
- That’s damn right.
They finally left the Deparment and headed to the lovely coffee shop at the end of the street, and while walking down, Marian thought this could be a new unexpected friendship.
Whoooooops, my hand sliped lel.