The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

Or if the ‘bad’ MC tries to bring down romanced N with them and manipulate them since I can’t imagine N being evil natured at all. Then inevitably they would try to stop the MC and attempt to ‘save the MC from themselves’ but would end tragically as the two lovers are pitted against each other. Or maybe their love would end in a mutual understanding, with as much - if not more - melancholic and bittersweet feelings.

6 Likes

I often do the same thing, though in this case I’m attached to Ava…

3 Likes

What is this this blasphemy? How could you even think of turning our sweet babies?

PicMonkey Sample

16 Likes

M is arguably thiugh sinnamon roll given some of Sera’s Q&A (the cherry ask comes to mind) but everyone else is accurate

True cinnamon roll though probs goes to F and A/N fall into slightly burnt but still good

2 Likes

I don’t think think that game is set in that tone (conquering the world) and it’s better to not turn it into that tone. Still we can be evil detective by being corrupt detective or more neutral like one who solve cases for thrills not for money or helping people.

2 Likes

@Crosdice - I can’t really give a hint without it being a major spoiler, but more about the mutation will be revealed in Book One, so hopefully won’t be too long to find out! :smiley: As for the father, you will have to wait a bit longer for that :wink:
There will be no ‘evil’ path for the MC. I write Wayhaven as an escape and to enjoy, to get away from horrible people and forget bad stuff- writing the bad guys is strain enough, lol, I don’t want to do it for the MC or vampires as well. So, even if the MC is a bit of a jerk or a bit brash sometimes they will still be the good guy.

@Okami-Nora - It’s nice finally getting to see your Detective! :smiley: I love their pendant! (And, oh man, I’m such a sweet fan too! Even if I try not to indulge!)

Update

I know it’s a day earlier than usual, but I will be away from the computer for a long weekend this weekend so didn’t want to leave you guys hanging!

Writing went really well this week. Chapter Twelve is so close to being done, I might actually get it finished later today! It was another split scene chapter, and there were some variations at the start depending on what was decided in Chapter 9, so probably won’t be a very long chapter to play, but a good bit of variety to it!

It also has one of my favourite choices so far:

Choice: “Well, that’s… gross.”

Sometimes it’s the simpler ones that are the most fun :smiley:

Hope everyone has a brilliant weekend and I’ll talk to you guys on Tuesday! :slight_smile:

47 Likes

Well, maybe not taking over the world, but I want to be able to just not tell anyone what I found out about the murderer if he murderer offers to pay me more or something.

What if I told you… I hate cinnamon.

Being a bit of a dodgy kind-of Detective is probably more possible, lol :smiley:

2 Likes

FULL STOP. THE ASK ON THE LOVE TRIANGLE GUYS LIKE CHECK OUT SERA’S TUMBLR FOR THE ANSWER

//currently wheezing and trying to compose self

5 Likes

That sneak peek was glorious!

1 Like

@Seraphinite, it’s possible it’s explained somewhere and I just missed it, but will the love triangle happen automatically if the MC is going after N or A, or will MCs who only express interest in one or the other end up on a more direct route?

1 Like

In Chapter 15 there will be a choice to make. Like you literally pick either an individual or the love triangle option. The romance points will play a part in the triangle but you actually have to pick the triangle option.

3 Likes

I didnt really expect it to be an option anyway i was just curious and i hate playing as a douche it makes me want to punch myself so mr.nice guy it is then

I love this game! Flirting with hot vampire women is definitely something I could get used to… I mean, if they decide to kill me at least I’d have died doing something I enjoy! I really appreciate how we can decide to NOT like certain characters. In some games it’s very annoying when you’re still pushed towards a love interest even when you don’t like them. Like, in his game, we can choose to be a confident flirt or a blushing bumble. BUT, you can even decide those “feelings” aren’t attraction, they’re annoyance or hatred. Yay! I also want to say this demo is perfectly done, ended right on a cliff hanger. I would definitely be throwing my money at the screen to see what happens next!!

Oh, and when we can take the coffee with us into the examiner’s room? Made me feel bad… real bad :smirk::sunglasses:

7 Likes

Hey @Seraphinite i dont know if this has been answered before but can we romance tina or vega and if we cant did you purposely write them so well to torture us :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

No, they aren’t romances. I suspect Sera did write them that way to torture us…

3 Likes

-falls down on my knees- NOOOOOOOOOOO

2 Likes

Hiya, I just have a small question: I’ve written some fanfiction, would you want me to post it here or on Tumblr? I haven’t written any fanfiction in years, so I think that proves that I’m still utterly obssessed with this :blush:

2 Likes

I think she’s fine with both but I’m not sure