The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

Thank you for the pronunciation help - Chana is a beautiful name.

Also Sera, I forgot to tell you well done and good luck for the editing and testing! It’s been amazing to watch your progress on this WIP.

1 Like

Oh, if i told you guys what Chana means as a brazilian slang, lmao…

3 Likes

I remember when this wip first opened and now you are finished writing. Congratulations Sera. Great work.

2 Likes

Sorry but ruining beautiful names is illegal now.

4 Likes

I have a friend named Chana who pronounces it “Shaw-na” because the Hebrew CH sound is unfamiliar for most English speakers.

So that’s how I would pronounce it if I read it in game. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Congrats on finishing the writing :grin:.

2 Likes

Want to throw my hat of congratulations into the ring as well. I fell in love with your characters because their depth didn’t feel manufactured but self-evident. Can’t wait to melt Ava/Adam’s (seemingly) icy heart! Keep up the excellent work!

1 Like

Congrats! I’m so excited for the story to come out and ajdhfhaj I’m so happy for you!! Lots of love from meh! :heart:

3 Likes

Just bought a 15$ gift card to get the game at release! Can’t wait!
Good luck!

4 Likes

Chana’s name sort of reminds me of xanas, version of water fairies in Asturian folklore. I guess she has nothing to do with them but still it makes me like the character even more (?)

Also… Yey! It’s finished!!! (Already congratuled Sera via tumblr but i had to do it here too lol).

3 Likes

@Seraphinite Sorry if this was asked before, but are you going to enter Wayhaven in the contest? I’d say it’s about the right timing.

1 Like

@TheSarah - The investigation skill is actually taken out in the main game now, replaced totally by Deduction/Knowledge- they were just too similar to keep seperate.
The stats are still something I’m working on, so still not sure how high they can go when focused on.
Usually (iirc!) investigation blood is science stat, and things related to victims is the people stat.

@Outrageous - I’m not going to be entering it into the contest, no :slight_smile: You have to follow pretty strict to CoG guidelines for the contest entries, if I remember. Wayhaven doesn’t conform to those so much, which is why I’m going for the Hosted Games route.
Would like to enter the contest one year though, if it keeps going!
(Good luck to all those entering, btw. I’m so excited to see and play the games that come out of it! :D).

Thank you so, so much for all of your support and congrats, guys! You have no idea how much it’s really helping to keep me motivated and excited on the last stretch :smiley:

I settled down to get some editing done on the weekend, and a couple of my testers played it through for the first time! Very exciting :smiley:

44 Likes

I’ve been playing the demo over and over and over (at least 20 times) for months and I just wanna say… I don’t care how much it costs, I will happily spend as much money as I need to bu it whether it’s $1 or $100 and I will wait 1000 years for this to come out if i have to. Just try to keep me away.

7 Likes

Ooh, dayum. Now you got me all excited an’ sheeeeeee-it! Congrats

3 Likes

Congratulations @Seraphinite on completing book one looking forward to enjoying the full story :grinning::sparkler::fireworks:

4 Likes

Well if you’re looking for someone of erratic availability to test all the male mc x Adam permutations. :wink:
On a more serious note I hope you’ve got some good gay and lesbian testers among your batch of testers too as that can be really helpful in making true, fulfilling gay romances, instead of straight relationship dynamics with the usual gender (roles) flipped.

4 Likes

Wow! It’s finished! I don’t even remember how many times I played the demo haha. Kudos to you! Really looking forward to playing the entire thing, yayyy~

1 Like

Caught a misgendered variable during the speak with the witness scene.

"“Do you know know her?” Nat asks, “It’s a small town.”

I’d like to contradict him but it’s true…"

1 Like

Sorry if you’ve already answered this…but now that Book 1 is done, can you tell us if it will end on a cliffhanger?

1 Like

I would say that is very much likely considering there will be multiple “books.”

2 Likes