The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

Welp… I’m an idiot. But awesome! That means, there’s a lot more awesome coming.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’ll be quite a lot of content. I imagine that the love-triangle will probably contain the most.

1 Like

The demo is 7 chapters, and the romance decision won’t come up until Chapter 15 (unless it changed chapters). There will be a choice that you make, and the triangle is one of the choices. Sorry, I can’t find the post, but she has mentioned it on her tumblr as well as here. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hey, I’m on Tumblr! :grinning:

Thanks for answering my question @Seraphinite! I love the romance asks those on your tumblr ask, but I did want to get at least a small idea of how the group would react to Detective MC seeing them as siblings when their friendship is deep.

And watch as you trigger Ava/Adam’s tsundere mode or they word something poorly that ends up offending some Detectives once more. :laughing:

I’m still a little surprised to hear that Adam/Ava is a bit attracted to Detective MC pretty early on. Maybe that comment Felix/Farah and Nat/Nate made about Detective MC ‘making them feel at ease’ wasn’t as far-fetched as I originally though in regards to the other members (well, maybe not in Mason/Morgan’s case). Still a little curious about what caused Ava/Adam to feel the small inkling of attraction toward; was it the moment when Detective stood before them and looked them in the eyes without flinching or breaking their resolve in some way? :thinking:

10 Likes

Because Cupid/Aphrodite wanted to play matchmaker and decided to mess with A (much to their displeasure and denial) :stuck_out_tongue:

I imagine whatever it is that attracted them, A might disclose in the very far future (might not come out at all depending on what Sera writes)

5 Likes

So basically, Aphrodite was just chilling with Hephaestus and Cupid up on Olympus when they overhear Adam/Ava say one day:

Ava/Adam: Love…is not something that is going to happen to me. Ever. And I’m perfectly fine with that; I have more productive matters to be attending to. :expressionless:

Aphrodite: (hands Cupid to Hephaestus) Hold our Cupid :neutral_face:. (Takes Cupid’s bow and arrows and readies a arrow, staying motionless a a good while as Hephaestus and Cupid watch her.)

(A week later, the trio stand witness to Detective MC shooting/pepper-spraying Adam/Ava in their first encounter)

Aphrodite: Perfect :smiley:! (Proceeds to let loose the arrow on Adam/Ava and then sits back down with Hephaestus and cupid, looking very pleased with herself).

Hephaestus: …You’re going to make him/her attracted to the person who pepper-sprayed/shot him/her…? :confused:

Aphrodite: Who else would be able to handle that uptight, over-inflated ego of his/hers? :grin:

Hephaestus: Point taken. :sweat_smile:

If we go by their reactions to a MC they are attracted to in the tumblr scenarios, I’m putting some more bets on that Adam/Ava is going to let the reason of their attraction to Detective MC accidentally slip out on a number of occasions before they openly admit it to Detective MC themselves. :laughing:

26 Likes

Update

I finished Chapter 15! Woohoo! :smiley:
It’s actually gonna be a pretty short chapter to play, but still a milestone for me. As it was such a goal for me to reach, I thought I’d do a count.

The Wayhaven Chronicles so far, up to the end of Chapter 15:

Total word count: 303,031 words

Average playthrough: 54,790 words

Blimey, it’s building up :smiley: Still a bit disheartening to realise how much people don’t see in one playthrough, but it should make for good replay, hopefully.
Chapter 16 is going to be a monster of a chapter to write, but it’s starting to feel like I can start to see the end, yay!

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and I’ll talk to you all on Monday! :slight_smile:

77 Likes

;WOOHOO!! Congrats!! Wow, yeah, the single playthrough is actually pretty short. Not even half of what’s actually there XD Just gives all of us an incentive to do more than one LI -w-

1 Like

I’m one of those that play through most CYOA’s multiple times, and love finding new things, so I will wear it out eventually - but it will keep me occupied for a while, to be sure. So, keep it up!

(Dang, second game where I, a non-fan of vampires, are stuck enjoying the heck out of the game centred around those things, what is happening to this world?! :sweat_smile:)

4 Likes

Just out of curiosity, what was the first?

The, so far, two parts of Choice of the Vampire games. I still find new things, if smaller than before since I have practically played it to, er, undeath. :wink: I hope the third one will come soon. :blush:

2 Likes

Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

And also where there’s a fan of @Seraphinite , there is a mob of followers that really want to see how their ships will come true and are willing to stare for uncomfortably long periods of time at their screens in order for them to come true.

Welcome to the club! :grin:

6 Likes

Never did anything else, Adam is just so cute and my mc formed a bond with him the moment he shot that cute vamp. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe they’re attracted to people who aren’t letting themselves be intimidated by them and dare to shoot back, literally in my mc’s case. :thinking:
In any case I think you definitely don’t need to be afraid of butting heads them so to speak and my mc and Adam will probably bicker like an old married couple long before it blossoms into outright romance. At least that’s my take on the situation.

Not bloody likely since it’s author is also the big boss of this company. Still I’d be delighted if Jason proves me wrong one of these days.
I also like the journey through American history in that one since being a European I’m not as intimately familiar with that sort of stuff as some of the “natives”.

5 Likes

I consider it far, far more likely that we will see it happen than Half-Life 2, Episode 3 (or Half-Life 3). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Same here. :blush:

Meanwhile, this one will keep me entertained for quite some time - it already has, and it is not finished yet. Solid work, though. :relaxed:

1 Like

@seraphinite

Hey.
I’m a newbie here and have read the demo of. The Wayhaven Chronicles (which is amazing by the way).

I noticed that you said you’re also sort of new to this choice book stuff?
Because I have absolutely no idea and was wondering if I could get some help if you have a moment?

I already have a story to turn into a choice game, but I’m not even sure where to begin.
The tutorial from the choice script thingamabob didn’t really help.
I guess I’m looking for help more along the lines of structure, with choice affecting stats etc.

If you have spare time to give even just a little bit of advice that’d be great.

Many thanks,
Ghost_Train664

@Ghost_Train664 - If you send me a private message on here, I’ll do my best to help! Not sure what advice I can give past the tutorials though :smiley: Mostly it’s just playing around until I figure it out!

Quick Update

I’ll be away for the next week as my sister is getting married! Yay! :smiley: Still lot of prepping and packing to do, so I won’t be around until next Wednesday (11th Oct).

I hope you all have a fantastic week and I’ll be straight back to writing as soon as I’m back! :smiley:

43 Likes

When I first read it I thought it said YOU we’re getting married but congrats anyway.

4 Likes

So while waiting for updates and news, anyone want to speculate (with the little info we have) on the antagonists for this series? I know that there was a bit of previous speculation before but tin foil thoughts have been bothering me

Mainly if Murphy is just a symptom of a larger evil or if Wayhaven is just prone to the supernatural drama :))

I’d like to think there’s some larger evil at work and Wayhaven being a target was a coincidence (and now due to MC’s involvement is now a hub for all kinds of supernatural drama and woe)

I got the feeling that there is much more greater evil behind Murphy’s action. Probably an organization that wants to be not regulated by humans. :smiley:

Hmm I think it has been confirmed there will be a new antagonist each book but I do think some of them will be somehow connected. Maybe there’ll share a common goal or a motivation that somehow keeps attracting them to Wayhaven.

But I can’t help but feel it’s not so much that Wayhaven itself is a target as much as the MC is. The oblivious detective just so happens to live there :slight_smile:

I’m actually really hoping there’ll be a book in which the antagonist is just evil for the sake of been evil. Without any ulterior motive or goal, kind like a Disney type villain. Those are always so fun.

2 Likes