The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

All the questions being asked on the tumblr have made my day. :joy:

But the little short involving Adam and Detective Ace killed me. :rofl:

8 Likes

This is by far one of the best wip I’ve read. Only complaint i had was during the clothing selection, and that was very minor. I’m a male and the mc is a detective. So I was hoping for the classic detective trench coat. (I would have said something about the sundress option but then I remembered I have a friend who likes to wear dresses and he looks damn good in them)

3 Likes

I second this. I’m far far too familiar with the despair of choosing a wrong option far into some of the longer games, and then having to start completely over. :expressionless:

6 Likes

I too know this pain intimately. I save so, so often when I have the option. like this

I’m also a board-certified expert in reloading from a previous save. “Wait, wait, wait, that’s not how it happened.” (Prince of Persia: Sands of Time anyone? :heart:)

The general lack of save systems is one frustrating thing about the COG platform, but I get by because I always run multiple playthroughs of my games. That said, I do love it when the WIPs here have a save function.

5 Likes

Yeah. It would be nice if you can at least go back to a save point(one at the beginning of a chapter and one in the middle) in case of a choice error.

I think the reason why they didn’t implement a save system in the published game is due to the fact in real life, you can’t ‘reset’ your choices. So they might be trying to be almost realistic as possible and encourage multiple playthroughs.

I’m not a fan either but I think this is one of the unique features in CoG.

3 Likes

Tin Star has a chapterly save system that lets you go back to the start of that chapter if you want to replay it, or if you die. Sadly I have no idea how they did it, or if it’s still possible with the current version of Choice Script :frowning_face: If I figure it out I hope to put it in my game

3 Likes

Update

(Bit of a fly-by update, sorry, really busy today, lol!)

So, Chapter Nine is coming along really well. I managed to finish the first branch, which was great, and I played through it to edit it and was pleased at the result :slight_smile:

It’s the first time the stats come into play for changing how certain things can go, so that was good fun to start trying out as well.
I have to admit that the small flirt scenes were probably my favourite to write as usual :smiley: (The flirt scenes in one branch will differ to the flirt moments in the other branch, so I’m looking forward to writing those too!)

Next week I will be working on the second branch then, once that’s done, it will be onto Chapter 10- which is more linear but is a very important scene with a few bigger choices.

Today I’m going to settle down when I can and really get to work on finalising plans on where and how the romances and friendships are going to play out throughout the whole series- exciting but quite intense, lol.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend, and I’ll talk to you guys on Monday :slight_smile:

67 Likes

When we are dressing up for work we get options to dress as not sexes regardless of gender we chose so it’s kinda weird… Might wanna fix that…

Other than that I enjoyed the demo… :blush:

1 Like

I think it should remain for people who like to dress as the other sex.

17 Likes

I agree with @Phoenix_Wolf i like that we can choose what to wear regardless of gdnder.

I sorry to ask this but when you say update, do you update with your writing or update the game? Sorry, I get a little confused.

@Seraphinite is just giving an update on where the story is at, not updating the demo.

She is letting us know what is going on and where she is at in the creation of the game. What is released in the demo now is all that will be released until the game is finished.

edit: ninja’d by Outrageous :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I just wanted to make sure. Thank you for answering.

2 Likes

Oh sorry :sweat_smile: didn’t think of it that way… Thanks for clearing it up

3 Likes

@augustus27 You’ll be able to pick which RO to commit to in book one. The romance won’t start right away though, it’ll be more of a slow build until you officially enter a relationship with them.

2 Likes

wait so is this coming out on the app store?

Yes. According to Sera, if everything goes smoothly hopefully she could finish and publish it this year.

As for the romance, Sera plan to put the locking of the romance path on Chapter 15. :smile:

7 Likes

So hyped for this! Ughhh Ava and Nat love triangle <3

1 Like