The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

I am so super excited for this that I can hardly contain myself. Every time I read an update or @Seraphinite confirm something I always do a little fangirl squeal lol. I love how you put so much effort and thought into this and the way you keep us regularly updated. I also agree with @BoisterousBumblebee about other games being wam bam dating and enjoy how this is more natural flowing. Can’t wait the suspense is killing me :weary:

9 Likes

I never thought I would ask a question regarding romance but I wanted to know: Will you also be able to start a (romantic) relationship in later books?

Since some people need some (more) time to get to know a person (or character in this case) or don’t go for romance in the beginning but eventually end up liking a character. Only to find out they had their chance and they didn’t take it back then…

If not, then I am just going for that solo ending and hope I won’t end up liking a character too much and cry over my lost chance. :sweat_smile:

Anyway, keep up the good work! Confession: you’re the kind of writer I aspire to be but never will be :grin:

2 Likes

It’s definitely going to be a little tricky to predict how Felix/Farah will behave once they start harboring deeper feelings toward Detective MC. It’s easy to spot when a flirt is being flirty just for kicks, but when they genuinely start developing deeper feelings for someone, how they will react always tends to be somewhat unpredictable (and that’s not even counting how being the youngest of the vampires may come into play as well).

Good; in my personal opinion, it’s the chances of slowly discovering those mysteries that are going to draw in a good number of readers the most.

I had mentioned it a bit in my first post here, but vampire stories (especially those that revolve around romance) don’t tend to catch my interest much, because it monster that is commonly used with the genre. But I come find something else about the story that keeps me coming back (besides the fact that the characters are likable, relationships seem to develop very naturally so far and , and Detective MC has both a brain, backbone, and an interesting role to contribute to the story): the fact that there are a lot of I-don’t-knows involved in the story that I want to discover.

I don’t know how Agent Mum got involved with the supernatural or how the team was formed (or if our Dad is dead or alive).

I don’t know what’s the murderous vampire’s motive are for going after those with a mutation that prevents pheromones from taking their needed effect and what he has to gain from finding such people.

I don’t know what kinds of other effects the Detective’s mutation may end up having (and I don’t think the murderer knows either, which mean he may be in for a nasty surprise).

And even the side involving the monsters of Wayhaven (including the ones I feel most familiar with) have a lot of i-don’t-knows that interest me into wanting to learn more about them.

So keep as many of your secrets as you like @Seraphinite; I’m enjoying the process of discovering things bit by bit personally. :grin:

It’s fine; I just like looking at the pictures up close and was wondering ‘why is that guy with the black mask staring so intently at his hand’. :smiley:

It did lead to me having a nightmare(?) about Portal and it throwing can of tomato sauce at the wall. I’m still not sure if I was supposed to be scared of the dream or finding it humorous. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

It’s _very_off-topic, but to any Ace Attorney fans out there, I just noticed this:

18 Likes

Two things found with Nat:

“Do you know of her?” Nat asks. “It’s a small town.”

I’d like to contradict him, but it’s true I know most people in Wayhaven- if not personally, then by reputation. Still, I know nothing of this woman.

Also, during the patrol, on the second page after you choose Nat the narrator refers to her as ‘he’ again

2 Likes

just played through it and really enjoyed it!

one note about the love interests, it would be nice to have a love pentagon instead of a love triangle ;D

4 Likes

yes why stop with just three sided shapes :smile: :laughing:

or go poly route and marry 'em all!

5 Likes

Oh, yes, please :blush:

Has it been updated I can’t tell

Didn’t see the question asked, sorry if it has been, but how many books are we looking at?

@Seraphinite mentioned in her tumblr account that there would be seven books. XD

2 Likes

What’s Tumblr? Just joking, but don’t use virtually any social media. @resuri08

3 Likes

@Ninja1 - I’m not sure, is kind of the answer to that at the moment :smiley: It’s something I would like to add in. Also, I would like for people to be able to end one relationship and start another at a later time. But, I admit, my coding skills are limited! So, it all depends on if I can work it into coding without my head exploding, and also if there are parts to add it naturally into the story at later dates :slight_smile: I’ll try to keep you guys updated on this as I write later books.

@River - Thanks for catching those! I seem to struggle with N’s gender shifts the most :smiley:

@Harley_Robin_Evans - The demo is completed now, there won’t be anymore updates to it :slight_smile:

@Jon_DeJoy - I’m so glad you liked it! Though, the thought of coding and writing variations for the love triangle is already making my mind melt- can’t imagine what anymore would do, lol :smiley:

Hope everyone had a great weekend :slight_smile: Sorry for the later than usual replies- I try to keep off social media on a weekend as much as possible (concentrate on actually getting some stuff done without internet distractions… though it doesn’t always work!).

32 Likes

Dose it go more than the shaking doctor hand

nooooo it does not u silly billy

1 Like

but imagine all of the multi-sided shapes that could be made! a love square, a love pentagon, a love dodecahedron!

3 Likes

Hi! I really love this one, it’s probably my favorite on this site! One question: by full demo released does that mean that this is a complete rough draft, or that there will be more added that we won’t get to see here?

1 Like

@Harley_Robin_Evans - Yeah, @wonderfulcarpet is right :smiley: It only goes up to the shaking hands scene with the doctor.

@TotesMyGoats - Thank you so much! I’m glad you enjoyed it :slight_smile: The demo is only the first seven chapters, the full Book One will be longer. Around about 20 chapters is what I have planned out, but that could change when it comes to actually writing it.

Quick Update

Haven’t got too much writing done lately. Finished writing Chapter Eight, which was quicker than expected, because I moved the big branching scene to Chapter Nine instead.

I’ve been focusing more on really trying to get my plans more in place and sorted before continuing writing any further- including the plans for later books. It’s all coming together really well, and I’m excited about the future of the series, and what’s to come! :smiley:

61 Likes

well… i already test the game several weeks ago but forgot to mention how much I LOVE IT!! :heart_eyes: d-mn this is definitely one of my favorite wip… good luck with the game… and don’t be afraid to ask for beta tester (i would be gladly to typo-bug hunting this game --though not no or in the near future as for no its quite impossible for me to do some playtest–), be aware though as im a bit nitpicky hen testing some game :wink:

once again good luck and dont forget to give my regards for felix :blush:

2 Likes