The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

I really will try to get it sorted as soon as I get back though :smiley: Just a bit more than my brain can handle at the moment!

14 Likes

Have fun and stay safe @Seraphinite! You deserve a break. Hopefully by the time you get back I’ve finished a fanwork I’ve been working on

7 Likes

Bit of a dumb awkward question but I suppose a Vampire expert would know and given this is a romance driven game over multiple books and the possibility interests me… can female Vampires get pregnant? Any game where there’s the chance of making kids and having a family usually appeals to me most of the time, but given Vampires are technically undead I assume a female’s reproductive system might not be up to scratch for fertility.

6 Likes

Personally I think that vampires in this game are more of a different race/species than traditional undead. Primarily because of pheromones (as opposed to resorting to ‘mind magic’-like manipulation and ‘call of blood’ or something of a kind, something purely supernatural). Pheromone use is not something I’d normally associate with walking corpses. If they can produce pheromones, that should mean they must have a metabolism going on.

1 Like

it may not be dumb at all, i mean Twilight movie…
( i myself am more of Vampire Chronicles serie concept in vampires but im not against it)

It’s not a dumb or awkward question at all :slight_smile: In the world of Wayhaven, as long as vampires consume blood, they function like a human- a super-human, but still human.

So, yes, they can have children, but that probably won’t have much affect on the game until the end- though it may be something that is discussed during romances.

21 Likes

Do they need to drink human blood, or can they make do with animal? Can they do without altogether?

1 Like

Enjoy your vacation! :smiley:

1 Like

Animal, human, supernatural - as long as it’s blood :slight_smile:

If they went without, their bodies would start shutting down, and they’d fall into a coma-like state until given nourishment.

14 Likes

Aw man, I wasn’t expecting to like the book as much as I did! I came across the game yesterday and binged it in one night - that was an evil, evil cliffhanger to end on :'D I’m really torn between Nate & Farah! Nate’s patrol scene was very soft? (If that’s the way to describe it haha), and Farah’s had me squeeing. I’d go for the more overly flirtatious options later, only because the shy options right now fuel the slow burn :smiley:

Weirdly enough, I’ve never felt more morally torn than when I confiscated Douglas’ phone and then had to choose whether to take your food in or throw it away & follow the rules. (Part of me wished there was an option to save it for later, but I chose to follow the rules in the end.)

But anyway, I’m really enjoying the story so far, & I’m excited to see where it goes next! I hope you have a good vacation (gotta make the most of this weather here amiright), and I hope you get to rest :smiley:

8 Likes

I’ve played both Diving in deep and the Lady’s choice but i must say my favorite so far is this interactive game. It gives you so many choices to mold your character to your liking. I like the way you don’t miss the little scenes like the MC reaction to their damaged desk. Also the end was very dramatic. So i all i have to say is Great Job! I look foward to the whole game.

3 Likes

So I guess at some point letting Adam “bite” us might become an option for real?

9 Likes

Considering the MC has been described as having a “sweet scent” I wonder if anyone from Bravo getting a bite would be a good idea? They could be a gourmet meal in comparison to the average human. :wine_glass::smile:

1 Like

Since the MC’s scent is sweet, what does each member of Bravo smell when they sniff the MC? I imagine that when Ava sniffs them, she smells chocolate truffles. Or a candy cane.

2 Likes

I can’t say I’ve ever understood the ‘sexy vampire bite’ thing. Pain, wooziness from blood loss, potential serious damage to major blood vessels? Hawt. :unamused: (ok I know it’s a metaphor, but it’s still always bugged me.)

10 Likes

Actually the trope it has is that vampires have something that makes your organism release dopamine when they bite you, so it makes you feel good/pleasure as well as nourish/bring pleasure to the vampire.

I ain’t got no problem with that…

12 Likes

Now we know what you’re into… :smirk:

2 Likes

:wink:

Played the full demo today and I got to say you did a wonderful job on the demo @Seraphinite and I love how well pace it was and how much you gave us.My favorite part of this so far is when the story switch perspective to other characters also I can’t wait to see how you handle the romance in the game since I’m a fan of all that stuff but what I seen so far put my worries to rest. One final thing I have to say when the released date no mean to rush you or anything I just can’t wait to get my hands on the finale product :smile:

1 Like

With some of them I think they should be concerned about us nipping them
I might nip Adam or farra

2 Likes