The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

I’ve been lurking on this thread ever since you started it, and now that the full demo is released, I replayed it from the beginning. ASLKDF;ASLKDJFA;SLDFASLDLJK IT’S SO AMAZING!!! The characterization is really great and draws us in. I also love your style: it’s very descriptive without rambling. You dropped us right in the middle of the action with just enough background info to supplement all the drama and tenseness! I also can’t say how much I appreciate the slowly building romance. It’s a mark of a fine romance writer to be able to do something like that, and so far I think you’ve been immensely successful. It’s a type of writing that has been missing from the majority of the games I’ve seen on COG (certainly, all of the ones I’ve played at least). I’m really excited to see where this goes! Alsoooooo :smiley: if you ever plan on doing a beta test period before release, I’d be happy to be of assistance! hehe

A couple questions, and I apologize in advance if you’ve already answered them: 1) How many chapters do you currently forecast each book will be? and 2) I’m not sure if you’ve decided this yet, but for each supernatural entity in each subsequent book, are they going to be restricted to Wayhaven? Or will MC and co be branching out to different locations?

1 Like

All I have to say this demo made me like Nat more. I like her protection scene more than Ava’s, plus it made more sense to me. Even though I’m choosing the triangle romance with both of them.

And has anyone found out Farah’s special thing in the group because I know Ava’s, Nat’s and Morgan’s. And I’m not talking about the Tom and Jerry effect she has on everyone lol.

Also has anybody who had their Unit be girl’s have problems with their gender changing to boys sometimes?

1 Like

Just got to say as someone who has been in the M camp from my first play through I called them an jerk out loud when I got to the end of their patrol scene. I know there’s a sweet creamy core underneath all that bitter but if I can’t sass him hard after that and get some kind of revenge for that comment I will be mildly disappointed!

And will probably continue his path anyways!

At least F and N are my bros.

4 Likes

@Summerbones What’s their patrol scene like?

Interesting, I would certainly give it a try if you haven’t. M’s just, well, M though. Very abrasive at times, especially if you choose to flirt with them.

3 Likes

Caught this. Called Agent Morgan, but the second option lists it as Agent Mason. :slight_smile:

These too:

2 Likes

Yeah I’m about to do it, it sounds like it will be fun lol.

So I went through all the ROs patrol scene and to be honest, love M’s and A’s so much. Gah… Now I want to know what happen next… XD

I have a question about the stats.

Is it just for story and behavior or will it have it have an impact and consequenses? For example with Professional skills : you need 50% combat so that you don’t get beaten up/killed when selecting a fight option. Will it be something like that?

And with personality and traits, will that give us advantages or consequenses? I hope not 'cause my MC is all over the place :grimacing:

Now that we have the full demo, we can finally have a popularity contest! :laughing: (Unless this has been done already, which means I am very much an ungentlemanly thief :spy:).

Out of the 4 vampires, who are you most interested in romancing first?

• Adam/Ava
  • Nate/Nat
  • Felix/Farah
  • Mason/Morgan

0 voters

EDIT: I forgot to put the love triangle option :cry:…so you’ll have to choose who you prefer out of the two options (Adam/Ava vs Nate/Nat), I’m afraid :sweat:

11 Likes

Nat definitely, she’s kind and more open than the others so my officer has a better fondness for her. I did like how my character initially couldn’t get on with Ava yet he’d beginning to grow a decent friendship. Probably haven’t spent enough one on one time with Farah and Morgan to say how decent my friendship with them is.

Once we get the full game, I would do an Adam route first. :blush: Nate and Felix are great friends to have around. My only problem would be with Mason. I admit he have the most intense scenes I have seen so far but he is quite infuriating at times… but still he’s going to be my second run. :blush: I haven’t decided what kind MC I’m going to pair him up with.

I love how there is some inner monologue at places for the other characters. It gives a nice little extra to the story to know how the ROs are feeling at times and gives more depth to their characters in my opinion. I seriously love this game so much and it’s going to be torture waiting for the rest to come out :cry:

7 Likes

This, especially when it came to seeing the inner thoughts of Ava while she is dealing with the fact she clearly has feelings for me :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Lol yes that internal struggle is awesome!! It’s going to be interesting to see Morgan’s internal struggle as well, assuming the writer lets us see that one. Morgan dealing with her feelings and her denial will be awesome and funny.

3 Likes

I’ve spent the last couple of days trying out everyones romance content and I can’t wait to play the whole game and go through it 5 times (gotta get that sweet love triangle). I gotta say A is by far my favorite, since I’m a huge sucker for prickly characters who are hiding hearts of gold, but M is super intriguing and I seriously can’t wait to see how their romance plays out.

I’m super impressed that you’ve got so much variation in these scenes, I know all that coding has to be a nightmare and I’m so excited to see the rest of your work!

3 Likes

I chose Nate (and I do love him!) but really I’m on Team Triangle all the way. I can’t wait to see how that plays out. They’re so close that I’m hoping maybe it’ll all work out, but either way it seems like a fun ride!

Also the new demo is amazing! I’ve played it so many times already that I’ve lost count. I’m always so shocked and impressed by how quickly you write such enthralling stories. I knew it would end abruptly, but despite my best efforts I was still caught off guard by that cliffhanger. I look forward to the finished book!

Can anyone tell me how to get the love triangle? What options do I need to pick?

Ava ftw :relieved::heart_eyes:

Edit: scratches head @Vanessa_Pang I think you just have to keep flirting/picking the romance options with the both of them :confused: but I think you can’t get any scenes with a love triangle yet :thinking:

Edit 2: ninjaed

4 Likes

Just flirt with them both for now, I think. The romances will only really get going much later, maybe even just on the second book as far as I know.

1 Like