The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (Discussion) FAQ Located on Post 2

it would be excruciating for me to see A like that during the course of the series, i mean, it’s already torture for me in just the first book!

1 Like

well at least in hunger games, gale and katniss had their moments together especially in mockingjay

1 Like

Yeah, or N. Since it’s pretty much a given that y my MC would go for Ava. I’m hate to see Nat all :broken_heart:
Yeah, but Gale is the second lead, so typically, he only makes you have some hope, and then disappears completely after Peeta shows up xp

1 Like

Uggggggh. :frowning: I wish I had more patience. It’s just so good. <3

1 Like

Oh wow, that’s amazing.

1 Like

i mean at least they had some action (by ‘action’, i don’t mean the shooting and killing lol) together even when it was just kissing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

One of the best COG stories out there. I have read many others and nothing compares to it.

2 Likes

Hm, probably a dumb question, but I’m wondering…

How many total points can you get with a character, what’s the max you can have in book one? I’d imagine it would depend on what character, but I’m curious. Dunno If I’m asking this very well.

The max I’ve gotten is 15/16.

3 Likes

Even in N’s route A is pretty supportive of N once the Detective gets taken, but doesn’t exactly encourage or belittle N’s affection at first. (Exact words used at the story) Then A is all like “Do not worry. We’ll get them back!” when N is all depressed.

2 Likes

There is slight dialogue changes because before that moment, the game sees you as having no interest in that person.

Are there any changes if you choose to not romance anyone and there are characters with flirt points?

I was unable to check that while editing. It was definite crunch time by the time I was that far in the process, so someone else will have to play through and find that out. :wink:

1 Like

A during N’s route is basically… Trying to ignore the fact that N is quickly becoming attached and gaining feelings for the MC. After you’re taken and A see’s the effect it has on N, she has that realization that she was trying her hardest subconsciously to ignore it.

After which while being supportive, she’s more worried than anything. Even after you’re back she appears to be extremely worried about the whole situation which will be interesting to see how that changes or progresses in future books.

5 Likes

Hm. I don’t know if this has been brought up yet (if it has I apologize) but M… Why does their pheromones give the MC a headache? F’s doesn’t, Fake Murphy’s doesn’t, and who knows about A or N’s. Is it just because they’re so strong?

7 Likes

At first I thought it would be all vampires, because M was the first one I played. When I saw it wasn’t I thought the same as you. I think if the pheromenes are strong enough, it will cause a painful reaction due to the “fight”. Similar to when you have a virus or bacteria, and your body makes you feel like shit as it fights the invasion.

4 Likes

Everything about M seems to be too strong. The sense of smell, eye and nose sensitivity. It’ll be interesting to see where it goes.

2 Likes

That’s what I want to think? I mean When the Detective goes with M to question the mom whose son was killed, it’s mentioned that there is a buzzing in their skull while they use pheromones on her. F admittedly has very weak pheromones out of the team. N used the scent of their blood to drown the MC out and A drowns out their smell by burying them in their clothes. Though it seems M may be the strongest out of them a double-edged sword most likely since he’s probably also the most physically sensitive to the heighten sense part as well. Though you know probably has it’s benfiits of being the most senstive to touch as well~ >//> But yeah that’s just my theory on it.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s because they’re artificial, or at least less natural somehow. If the theory that he was created or transformed in a lab is true then maybe there are other repercussions besides stronger senses and superior physical strength.

Or maybe his pheromones evolved to fight the mutation in the detective’s blood that grants them supernatural immunity. Instead of calming the victim it incapacitates them. He’d be able to drink the blood either way.

9 Likes

That is actually a really intresting theory I mean if they prey is adapting why wouldn’t the predator?

THOUGH! Food for thought. What if M had been one of the ones with the mutated Gene like the MC when they were human and THAT is what happens when you turn a human like that into a vampire?

6 Likes