The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (Discussion) FAQ Located on Post 2

MC: Soooooo.
Tina: So.
MC: About…um…vampires.
A: [walks briskly toward the MC while swearing under their breath]
MC: What, uh, wh-what um…what would you do if, um, if a vampire just, I don’t know, walked right up to you out of nowhere?
Tina: [snorts] Put on my scarf.
A: [appears] Detective—!
Tina: Ah, I see Agent Du Mortain is ready for any vampire attacks.
A: wat
Tina: Oh, just a little joke. You see, you’ve got your scarf covering your neck and…and a vampire wouldn’t get to you…ok, I need to go make copies, bye! [leaves]
MC: [sweats nervously] Oh, look at that, Douglas is calling me—
Douglas: No I’m not.
A: [glares]
MC: [wilts]

20 Likes

Okay, I was envisioning more like a dialogue, but that’s probably more realistic (and funny). :laughing:

1 Like

We’re the same. I am sure that you are not alone. XD

It’s not weird! A and M have been tied on the top for me ever since the demo for me.

I was giggling in this situation. XD I was all “They’re so cute! Er… Wait… I know A, N and M were also there. Did they noticed??” and when M called them out: "Busted! Well, that was embarrassing…hehe

I really enjoyed the interaction in this HG. It has set a bar for future romance CoG/HG writers in my opinion.

3 Likes

Ah ha! I got the dark theme to work! I had to clear my cache first but now it’s working!

———-

But yay Tina! I can’t wait to see her reaction. I mean, I think a lot of it would depend on how long UB has been around, like. It’s hard to be scared of N. They are a cinnamon bun.

4 Likes

Tina: So…they’re vampires?
MC: …Yes.
MC: Now, I know this seems weird.
Tina: [snort laughs]
MC: I–what?
Tina: [laughs loudly]
MC: Are you…are you going into hysterics?
Tina: [wiping away a tear] No! No! I’m just remembering the time that N held that chihuahua up to kiss its head—
MC: —and when they puckered their lips—
Tina: The chihuahua stuck its tongue in their mouth!!!
[both laugh hysterically]

Yeah, I’d bet N is especially hard to be afraid of once you get to know them.

15 Likes

Tina: Wait… All of them are vampires?
MC: Yes.
Tina: … Are you sure?
MC: Ah… yeah? Why?
Tina: I mean… I was pretty sure M was a werewolf.

18 Likes

:heart:

I hate being out of likes!!!

I wonder if M would get insulted by that? They already call her Officer Bobblehead, like an asshole, I can’t imagine it would endear her more to them.

4 Likes

Um, it’s not Tina’s fault that M is all wolf-like and communicates with growls and huffs like a wolf!

I only wish my MC could’ve been like “yeah, I kinda figured you three were vampires but I was pretty dang sure M was a werewolf so I gotta process this.”

11 Likes

I have a confession. First time I read the demo (I didn’t read anything from Sera’s tumblr or here in the forum, so I had no idea what to expect) I did think they were going to be werewolves chasing a vampire :no_mouth:

1 Like

To be fair none of them really scream vampire at all. I mean, A is the most broody and they are blond like?? Not even platinum blond.

1 Like

Think of which, Morgan will tell you in later stage of book 1 that

spoiler warning :roll_eyes:

Summary

amount all four team members only Farah is the Vampire from the other world, all other 3 were human that turnned to vampire at some point.
and think of which Farah has Coiled black hair and dark brown skin, plus amber color (dark yellow i believe that is) )eyes. that makes Farah more like native amrican, pacific islanders or south asian (india, pakistan etc.)

My guess, yes, ‘my guess’ is that writter more or less wished a colourful world like ours for those supernatural people, like they would have many different race that looks different to each other a lot. Just like us. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

At the least, you have tried it out immediately. Lmao…

I wasn’t able to try out the demo because of my Twilight dislike. Luckily though, I was able to try it out six months after the demo was release or I wouldn’t have met you people. XD

2 Likes

Farah/Felix is black.

But, yeah, I’m sure Sera was purposeful in making none of UB the traditional vampire. Ya know, Victorian style, dark hair, pale skin.

4 Likes

It wasa nice change. Although the usual personality were in place but I dunno I still enjoy them immensely. Probably the way, Sera wrote the characters?

1 Like

The hospital scene got me worse than the bar scene, or even the scene at the facility outside his room. What got me more than both of those, in a different way, was the scene when Murphy takes the MC. My detective begged him not to make her leave him and, after his mean “I’ll turn you over to him myself!” he just deflates and it was so pitiful I just wanted to hug him

That got me, too. He doesn’t know what to do when someone shows genuine concern for him. Did you notice in the hospital after the whole Murphy thing, that if you say you’re really glad they showed up, Mason asks ‘really?’ like he can’t fathom it? Yet another time I wanted to hug him. Of course, he’d turn that hug into something else, lol.

MC: Why are your hands on my ass? I was comforting you!
M: This is comforting to me.
MC: Taking my pants off is comforting, too?
M: Obviously…

14 Likes

Yup, not your traditional vampire who’s a Finlander with a heavy Estonia accent has neatly arranged silver hair that looks like some weird anime cosplay hair. But a kinky black that friendly enough with an amrican accent.

Feels a little bit off at the beginning, but the new setting brings more opportunities for the writter, which is a very good thing here. I mean, the story is about vampires and our protagonist, so may as well set the stage wilder, give player a lot more chance to construct a colourful story world.

I like it this way, less aesthetic fatigue more possibilities.:grinning:

1 Like

Oh. My. God. I’ve finally finished catching up with this thread. I had to read over five thousand posts. Five fucking thousand. You guys are beasts. It was good reading though. Talks about marriage, about possible kids, about “Netflix and chill” with UB…About unicorns. God was that entertaining.

I also realized that you guys @rose-court @Mewsly own the thread.

8 Likes

Judging from the number of posts they have here, yeah they do. To be honest, I have more fun reading their scenarios than replying. XD They have a lot to say which I envy. >~<

8 Likes

We all own this thread. It’s a loving community. :relieved:

6 Likes

Well where else will you scream about Wayhaven (tumblr doesn’t churn out as much content/active fandom – ya’ll are lurkers I swear) :))

On M though:

Assuming MC is in a relationship with them, they have the funniest way of showing it? Like there was that one ask of MC asking M something like “won’t you get tired of me” and M’s just “not going to happen now go to sleep”

[we gotta work on your bedside manner]

But also they’re the ones who’d be crying their eyes out during the wedding like “oh shit this is real and I am highkey blessed”

Conclusion: M loves the MC that is all

14 Likes