The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (Discussion) FAQ Located on Post 2

No problem, lol. I will try one more time to clarify: we know they sense things somehow. Going with only the standard senses, we’ve got–hearing (e.g., hearing a rapid heartbeat or shallow breathing), smell (e.g., sweaty, aroused, afraid), taste (I’ll just leave this one alone because the thought of M licking me is just… I need to go be alone now…), touch (obvious, but let’s just say heated skin or goosebumps) , sight (again, obvious, like dilated pupils, a nervous tick, whatever).

What I’m saying is that those senses are more enhanced and powerful than ours, so if we can hear someone’s heart beating loudly, it’d be louder for them, and more intense. We also know, through Rebecca, that Mason’s sensory abilities are even greater than the others from UB.

So, say Adam ‘feels’ someone’s pulse when he touches them, and it reverberates through him, Mason would feel it even more. At some point, this could become sensory overload and be painful for him. It isn’t that he’s “feeling” the pain the other person is feeling, it’s that he’s sensing/experiencing the effects of that pain. The more intense the person’s pain, the stronger their reaction will be and the stronger he’ll sense that reaction. An easy analogy is this: someone gets a migraine and screams, it’s gonna hurt your ears, no matter what you are. For a vampire, especially one with super-senses, that scream will be deafening and even more painful.

I can totally see this, lol. I can also see M ignoring texts from the MC a week later when she asks when he’ll be back.

M, looking at his phone and rolling his eyes: Finally, texts back: nag!
M: keeps reading and sees MC said she misses him, and rolls his eyes at that too, then saves the text… and goes back and listens to the message she left him the first time she ever called to say she was going to the hospital…

5 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, ok, it makes much more sense now, lol.

Buuuuuuuuut… (I’m laughing at how I say but to everything, lmao) we know they can dampen their senses. So I think M would be capable to keep things under control, considering is not a sensation that comes out of the blue (for example an alarm suddenly going crazy).

One example of them dampening their senses, is when they are all at the MC’s apartment, and out of politeness they actively try not to hear what’s going on her bedroom. Due to this, if the MC sneaks out of her apartment through her bedroom window (you can even hit something and make quite a loud noise if your combat is not high enough) the vampires do not hear what’s happening.

So, if they are incapable of hearing a loud hit against the emergency stairs when dampening their senses, I imagine M could dampen their senses enough to keep things under control.

All this knowledge comes from Sera’s tumblr answering asks :smiley: (I’m going to try and find the ask about they dampening their senses at the MC’s apartment)

Looking for this ask is proving hard, everyone, feel free to give me a hand :joy:

So, I have to go to bed now, but tomorrow I will keep looking for it >:D

1 Like

A and N are pretty much married. It’s adorable. Their friendship means so much to me oh my god.

5 Likes

I could verify this. Though I haven’t found that specific ask, I clearly remember that the supernaturals in TWC could dampen their senses, which the Agency encourage since they are working alongside human agents.

1 Like

Most of them can dampen their senses pretty low down. It’s rare for them to do it and some of them don’t think they should have to, lol.

Here it is!

3 Likes

depends on the person, lol

oh wait, you meant between the two of them if they were getting together, uhhhhhhhhhhh…

if I’m being perfectly honest, I think M would wear N down and N would just…

N: Why don’t we stay in and snuggle?
M: I CAN THINK OF MORE INTERESTING THINGS, NUDGE NUDGE, WINK WINK—sex, I mean sex. Let’s have sex.
N: …fine. Ok.

…N would just accept it, tbh.

WAIT A mINUTE, DID YOU REALLY JUST MEAN WHO’S FLIRTING METHOD IS MORE EFFECTIVE??? i’m so confused

sHIT :rofl:

[thirty years later]
A: [pauses briefly in the middle of reading a book in the same room as N]
N: [looks up from their book, concerned] What’s wrong?
A: You sonuvabitch, you befriended me. How dare you.
N: Would you like to stop being frie—?
A: [panicking] I NEVER SAID THAT.

11 Likes

I was thinking who could out flirt the other? I think?? I DONT EVEN KNOW ANYMORE.

I just thought N trying to Suavewell M would be funny?!?

4 Likes

I mean, it is, I just…

So here’s a rather odd question for everyone:

What time of day do you think each member of Unit B prefers?

Surely they can’t all be the cliche vampires who only prefer the nighttime…surely.

I mean, at least N—surely

5 Likes

A would probably prefer dawn
M would probably prefer dusk
N would probably be early mornings or late afternoon
F would probably be night (for clubbing) or midday

P. S. For some, I based this to their ideal wedding scenario.

7 Likes

Considering they’re strongest at night I would think M wouldn’t like it since it probably make their already overwhelming senses even stronger, tho A might like night time. N is probably happy anytime of day, same with F but I could see F liking “not work” time.

5 Likes

that is a legitimate time of day and I agree with them

8 Likes

I was leaning that way considering how prickly they got when you bring up them being weaker in the sun, lol. I’m not sure if their sunglasses are just a sensitivity thing and they’re more sensitive to light in particular than the rest of UB, or if it’s just personal preference to block it out.

I was going to say M would like the night for the same reason as A, but… that also makes sense. I feel conflicted.

Poor F, with a leader like A that’s more like a lunar event than a time of day.

4 Likes

Few Days Into MC Protection

A: I want everyone to be well rested so we’re going to rotate sleeping nights. F, since you’re the youngest you’ll have tonight off. Get some sleep.
F: Do I have to sleep? Can I just relax?
A: I suppose, but-
F: runs off
F: slams open MC’s bedroom door
MC: falls off bed, half asleep What the fu-
F: LETS GO OUT PARTYING, DETECTIVE!
A: F, NO!!

17 Likes

MC: [groggily glares at F]
F: [is dragged away by A] [continues to yell at the MC] I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS AND FRIENDSHIP MEANS BEING THERE WHEN THE OTHER WANTS TO PARTY OR WHEN THEY NEED A GETAWAY DRIVER JUST ONE GALLON OF ALCOHOL, THAT’S ALL I ASK. AND MAYBE SOME DRUNK KARAOKE. LITERALLY, ALL I WANT TO DO IS DANCE. I THOUGHT YOU WERE COOl, MAN.
MC: [turns over in bed without saying a word]

14 Likes

The game is a lot of fun, played it twice now, will sure buy the next one, just wonder when will it be out in shop (steam) :D

2 Likes

Hi @blackmeow! We’re glad you liked the game!

The author is actually writing the sequel as we speak, but has only just started, so it’s hard to gauge when the sequel will come out. I hope that answered your question. :slight_smile: If you have other questions, then you might want to check out our FAQ, as it might already be answered there.

If not, please free to ask. Or, if you don’t have anymore questions, then feel free to jump into the conversation or to give your thoughts on the game and the characters. It’s always great to hear what other people think! :smiley:

5 Likes

Sounds great! the thing is, I’ve played more than 10 choice of games products, broadway 1849, fallen hero rebirth and your game are by far the better ones. I get it that others did tried, hard even, but the differences in knowledge or writting and skills are impossible to make up by simply puting in hardwork. That’s why I will sure buy your incoming game, cos good writters are hard to find, and good writter whom knows what that reader wants are even rare. :hugs:

3 Likes

I think you mistaken @rose-court as the author. XD @Seraphinite is the author of The Wayhaven Chronicles. =)

We are just glad that you enjoyed the game and looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Yes, what @resuri08 said. I’m just as big a fan of Wayhaven as you, @blackmeow! But It’s so great to hear how much you loved @Seraphinite’s game, we always love meeting more people who love the game as much as we do.

How about you tell us about your detective(s)? What skills did they possess, what personality they had, what kind of relationship they had with Rebecca or their coworkers? And most importantly huehuhue who did they choose to romance?

To give you an idea:

My detective’s name is Charlotte Greene. She’s charming, cautious, friendly, easygoing, and mostly genuine (though prone to some of the more light-hearted jokes). She’s an optimistic teamplayer, who is ruled as much by her mind as her heart. She’s more of a scientist/nerd and people person than a real detective; she has zero combat skills, lol.

She’s best friends with Tina, is science-bros with Verda, and is exasperated but generally likes Douglas.

Her initial relationship with Rebecca is very strained, nearly cold because of her absences, but she warms up when she realizes that her mother has been trying to protect her from the supernatural world.

She reacted well to the supernatural world because she already suspected something was weird (except her theory was Jedi, and she was so disappointed that it was actually vampires, lol), and pretty much just accepts it like it’s nothing at this point.

Felix instantly shoots up into being her new best friend. She has trouble dealing with Adam and Mason, but tries to be as nice and cordial with them as she is with anyone else. Her romantic interest is Nate because she likes nice and friendly people, Adam.

Her apartment is colorful and she dresses in a friendly manner with dresses and cardigans because her legs have been trapped in pants for too long, damn it.

She likes dogs, Star Wars, and chocolate—she hates coffee.

4 Likes

This game is impeccable … very interested to see how this love Triangle with Nat and Ava will turn out :eyes:

1 Like