The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (Discussion) FAQ Located on Post 2

@rose-court

I’m sorry I just got back from work, now this has all my attention.

Well, there’s a lot of, ah, questionable moments with Murphy in their interactions with the MC. There’s the fact that he will be nice to the MC during blood transfer if the MC is agreeable…

Also he says that he “does so love the quiet ones” if you don’t say anything when he shows up during the second thrall attack. Then when you meet him if you do the option where the MC put their hands on his he still doesn’t let go until the MC does.

I will need to play through it again get parts where he acts what could be considered jealously maybe possessively is a better word? Which, I mean, I have no problems doing but the moment that sticks out the most to me is when he gets pretty annoyed with the RO “pawing at his vessel” when UB comes to save you which… I mean, he says that for all the them and like some seem more like the pawing type coughMcough I don’t think any of them really do anything I would consider “pawing”

10 Likes

ALSO

THIS:

I am sharing the second song with all of you because, dang it, I listened to it while thinking about it to Murphy and it was… a thing. And if I experienced it I’m sharing it with all of you

7 Likes

Hmm… If I were Murphy, I would be very annoyed that someone taking something I worked hard to create. Sometimes, we take ownership of something we worked for so I wouldn’t be surprise that Murphy use the line “his vessel”. It’s like equivalent to my mobile/my laptop.

6 Likes

See, you’re thinking about this logically and while I will admit you are probably right…

But I really believe that Murphy wants the MC for more than their blood and I’m too far into this hole now. Its too late.

9 Likes

Good luck @Mewsly. XD

I tend to look things logically at times especially when in comes to villians. Hahaha… I do have some soft spot for some villain like Loki of the MCU.

2 Likes

Again, I only play as Charlotte because…I’m weird, I guess??? So I didn’t know how different Murphy was right before the blood transfusion if you weren’t either a) interested in the process yourself, or b) niiiiiiiice and quiet, until I read through the code, like…wow, huge difference.

I like to chalk it up to Murphy, like every nerd, is giddy at the chance to explain his lifelong passion like me with Star Wars, to equally disastrous results, BUT I WOULD NOT MIND IF IT WAS FOR DIFFERENT REASONS. HUEHUEHUE. am I really lusting after the villain again, goddamnit it’s Loki/Kylo Ren all over again

I REMEMBER THE PART WHERE HE JUST.
KEEPS.
HOLDING.
YOUR HAND.
BECAUSE THAT’s WHAT CHARLOTTE ALWAYS DOES HAVe I SECrETLY uCONSCIousLY bEEN trYING TO ROmANCe MURPHy ThIS wHOLE TIME???

re: “pawing at my vessel”

1. Way to objectify Charlotte, Murphy, you bastard you fool, you utter fool, you could have seduced her with more science talk!!

2. @resuri08 is right :disappointed: he’s only referring to the MC that way because he made them [sobbing]

• Murphy: They’re my blood bank, you sexy bastards!!
  • N: What.
  • F: That may be a true fact, but you don’t have to yell it!

I mean, I’m 9.99999999999999% certain we’re reading too closely into things, but damn it…it’s fun to speculate

10 Likes

Yeah but STILL! Its not our fault Sera made her villain hot interesting!

I do wanna point out a few other things that made me go “hmm.”

If you don’t try to stop him when he bites you he will go for the neck. Like. That’s kinda a, um, intimate spot there, Murphy… I mean, I know logically that its because this is a vampire story and vampires bite the neck but… For that to his go-to spot… Hmmmmmmmm. And I know that’s where he bites Garrett too but HUSH

And this is totally him flirting. You can’t change my mind.

Edit: I should’ve gone through M’s route to look for stuff since Murphy seems be way more intense during M’s…

12 Likes

Oh, thank god I’m not the only who found the neck bite to be “hmmmmm :thinking: suspicious…

You missed your chance to name the file swoon.jpg

I think I’m gonna help you out with that because I need to see what else he says.

You wanna split up the vamps and we come back with our findings? (all files must be called swoon.jpg or husbando.png, this is non-negotiable)

5 Likes

Look. If we wanna be Meta and be like “well vampire stories NEED neck bites” sure but that’s the boring way to look at it!

Sure! I should probably just look at the code instead of going through it on my phone then I can name the files whatever I want!

Now to figure out how to do that…

Edit:

Cough

How DID you want it to go then??

8 Likes

[SCREAMING] I FORGOT ABOUT THAT PART.

Ahem, to answer your question...

Random Agent: Sir, we found a hidden room in the warehouse.
Commanding Officer: Yes, and?
Random Agent: Well…it was…
CO: It was what?
RA: It was filled with rose petals, smooth jazz, and a waterbed.
Murphy: THAT IS PRIVATE. YOU DON’T JUST GO THROUGH A PERSON’S BEDROOM LIKE THAT. RUDE.

16 Likes

I’m guessing Murphy’s Parents never taught him not to play with his food

cough So, yeah, Sera is pretty good with characters…

I just remembered… She said she was in love with a member of Unit Alpha so we can flirt with them… Oh god I’m not ready…

11 Likes

omg I know I’m gonna McFreakin’ die while I shamelessly flirt with Unit Alpha.

damnit I was supposed to be romancing Nate, wtf happened

you and me right now, mewsly

Sera: Here, I made a game with four amazing romance options!
Us: [points to Murphy] What about that one?
Sera: …no.
Us: But–!

Sera: I’m gonna let the detective flirt with someone from Unit Alpha because…I can.
Us: Can we fuck 'em?
Sera: asdljskgldjhf I wish No.
Us: What about Murphy, can we fuck–?
Sera, probably: [sobbing] What have I done?

20 Likes

I wanna point out the neck bite thing but I can’t stop you guys gushing about it.

A or M are welcome to bite my MCs’ neck anytime though.

8 Likes

it’s not my fault it was a sexually charged moment…no just me?? [shrinks back]

4 Likes

I go camping for a week and come back to people talking about romancing Murphy, the dude who ripped the throat out of a child and kidnapped you

22 Likes

stop kinkshaming me

10 Likes

Now now… Everybody have their own taste. =)

4 Likes
Ehem, A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcftmFsVMRY

3 Likes

How I figure the team would react to the detective falling asleep at their desk:
A: Sigh in annoyence. Eye the detective for a couple seconds before brushing their hair out or their face/ruffling their hair. Suddenly realize what they were doing and immediately leave, attempting to avoid the detective for the rest of the day.

N: Gently pick the detective up and move them to a more comfortable spot, like a couch or bench if the station had them. Might also sit with them, letting them rest their head in their lap.

F: Pile stuff up on the detecive’s head, or otherwise be a little goofball. The detective might wake up with a mustache, regardless of if they had one before they went to sleep.

M: I can picture M doing multiple things so I shail list them all. 1. Ignore. 2. Blow smoke in the detective’s face to wake them up. 3. If they were feeling nice, maybe toss a coat over the detective’s shoulders. (I can kinda see A doing this too. “You…looked cold.”)

11 Likes

Better M excuse for covering them with a coat. “What? You were in the way.” Cause they would so fall on the excuse they needed to put it somewhere cuase admiting concern for the fact the MC was cold is not a thin M could do without biting someones head off. XD

5 Likes