The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (Discussion) FAQ Located on Post 2

You fools!

How have none of you considered that Verda’s husband could be the supernatural???

18 Likes

:scream:

Oh my god you’re right!

2 Likes

This could be plausible! XD

Verda does give the air of being one, noh? :grin:

1 Like

But while we’re pulling suspects on who could be supernatural…

i betcha that flock of pigeons that spooks you in the warehouse were actually a gaggle of shapeshifters lmao

I very much doubt it would be any of the Wayhaven residents we’ve met in Book One. Stories where there’s a secret, fantastic other world just beyond our own require some characters to be normal humans so that we can contrast the two worlds.

We need normal people like Tina and Douglas and Verda to provide a baseline for normalcy, so that the supernatural aspects can stand out more fully. Their normalcy can be something that our Detective can envy and angst over, or it can provide a contrast to a Detective who relishes the idea of the supernatural. But in order to provide those functions, they must be fully human, and probably shouldn’t even be married or dating a supernatural–at least that they’re aware of.

19 Likes

How exactly would I go about reading the game code if I own the steam version? Also thanks for the help.

If you are using Mac, the steps are found here:

Unfortunately for Windows, I don’t know how to look for it. Maybe the same way? I bought all of my games in my android phone so I am not quite familiar for Window Steam users. Your best bet would be to sent your Steam receipt through CoG email support to unlock the CoG version of the game and use the first post of the link I provided to see the scenes. =)

3 Likes

After the Detective meets Verda’s husband for the first time:

Verda: He’s perfect, isn’t he?
MC: Uhm… sure. He also has orange glowing eyes.
Verda: I know. They’re so pretty.
MC: And I’m pretty sure his ears are pointed…
Verda: I love them.
MC: And his teeth!
Verda: [blushes] I love them too…
MC: … Love sure is blind, uh?
Verda: What?
MC: I mean, he’s nice. I’m happy for you two.

18 Likes

Judging what our MC romances i dont think ee have any right to comment

5 Likes

…I’m the only one who would love it if Verda’s husband is our Fae nurse? (I can’t remember the name) :grinning:

2 Likes

My vote goes for the bakery owner :raised_hand:

1 Like

Aww, Elidor. He seemed nice.
(Still, I’m a boring realist and don’t believe in such convenient plot turns).

1 Like

Speaking of dating supernaturals, I can’t help but ship Tina and F together when I am not in F’s route. Both have a similar sort of fun-loving personality and I feel if they get together they are going to party the whole city down :rofl:

Not to mention Tina and F likes to do friendly ribbing on MC and their RO of choice’s feelings, they can conspire to put MC and RO in uncomfortable romantic situations and tease them to no end. Especially in A’s route.

Oh, and double date potential~ :heart:

13 Likes

I agree, I think it’d be sweet if Tina and F got together, and we’re certainly not the only ones who think so because I specifically remember Sera shooting that down a while back, lol. :sweat_smile: Oh well, there’s always fanfiction!

6 Likes

Aww, too bad! :cry: But true enough, fanfictions and AU will have to compensate!

Also, a poll! Because I wanted to give our human buddies (and one not buddy) some attention :heart: !

Who is your favorite human in Book 1? (Excluding MC and Rebecca)

• Tina
  • Verda
  • Douglas
  • Bobby
0 voters

It kills me to choose between Tina and Verda, but ultimately gave it to Verda since my MC and Verda has the whole “Science Duo” thing going on, and his interactions with the MC is soo cute, especially this underrated gem:

MC: “I come bearing gifts!”
Verda: :astonished::grinning::laughing:

4 Likes

It’s hard for me to choose between Verga and Tina… Verda is my Detectice younger Dc. Mallard (minus the long stories) and Tina is my MC drink buddy. I choose Verda, but I shoult trow a coin to decide…:smile:

1 Like

Hah, everyone has voted for Verda so far. I think he might be popular… :stuck_out_tongue: :two_hearts:

But seriously though, I like how invested Verda is in his work. Tina is too, I suppose, but you don’t see her in her field as much as you do Verda- and I tend to like people who know what they’re doing, especially if they also like doing it.

I better see at least some people on Douglas’ side, else I’m whipping out Douglas Fanart and shoving them on this page and not the Fanworks page. :< I mean it.

2 Likes

That’s alright! As long as it isn’t Bobby, I’m totally fine with it.

…Because you won’t do that, right? :grin:

Went with Tina because I figured everyone else would pick Verda. xD So far I like both our human buddies.

I “Like” Bobby for roleplaying reasons, but no not a big fan of the Bobster, I just like the things he brings with his presence, and maybe just a lil fleck of longing the MC may or may not have for Bobby.

3 Likes