The War of 2022 [Out now!]

Loving it so far! Can’t wait to see what else is going to happen. Keep up the good work!

Found this

1 Like

Although i kind of understood the ideology stats, I think I also didn’t. Luf would be a way of thinking contrary to the current laws? What loyal would be?

Enjoyed the update and hoping for more!

2 Likes

@Formous
Loyal is like it sounds- how much do you follow the official “Citizen Republic” ideology. Luf is the opposite, how much do you disagree with the current way of things. Loyal is increased by saying or agreeing with actions that conform to the official ideology while Luf is increased by disagreeing and going against the societal norm.

@Bulk_Biceps Thank you, I try and see how to fix that!

3 Likes

No complaint for me here other than just occasional wrong text like line_break or something, but in the end the story is good for me and one last thing is you don’t need to write what stats and what relationship get up everytime it’s rises. That’s all i think.

Hey all!

Just posted an update addressing some problems that were talked about here.
I also added another 6,000 words (including code).

I would also like to ask for your opinions. So far, I have only wrote about the training and I am debating with myself how much longer I should before moving on to the actual war. I would appreciate any input on the matter.

Thank you and enjoy!

3 Likes

“Needed 30 willpower” sounds like failure despite of action was succesful

1 Like

How about “(Success! Needed 30 willpower)”?

I remember it was (Willpower>30) or something like that in very first demo, that was cool imo

1 Like

Playing the update really make me think about war cannot be seen from only one perspective

1 Like

I suppose the training part would be important for the mc development, so it depends on if you think there’s something else to add do the mc, like more choices between loyal and luff, more development in relations with other characters, stats (strength, etc), or if it’s all set. Me personally, I’d like a little bit more of the things above, but it depends on your plans.

1 Like

Also, my game stops at the sam’s and mc conversation, is it the end for now?

1 Like

@G-Man interesting, I changed it because I thought it was too technical.
I’ll think it over and talk with some more people.

@Zen1 I agree and it’s one of the feelings I am trying to convey. What made you feel that way?

@Formous Strange, I could of sworn I added another part after that conversation. I added another part now but I recommend waiting until my next update.

1 Like

The conversation with our friend about pro war and not pro war.

1 Like

Could you elaborate a bit more please?

What did you think before and what exactly made you think?

About the principle of war and defending nation. Our friend directly think strong stand is the one that country need by hand of military and war is the one that’s bringing peace to our nation and defending it from enemy and those who not participate in this strong stand don’t have right to enjoy the benefit of peace the strong stance bring, we can see this at the system who can vote and who cannot vote, but at the other hand if we see on the different perspective isn’t the pro war strong stand is the the one that making the nation being surrounded by enemy make an endless circle of war itself and this is where the pro war argument getting rebuked and peace view get one point, but now if we seen from this peace view again there weakness on this peace stance because if we adopt peace stand for the country is there a guarantee other country will not attack our country and if we use this argument then the pro war argument become valid again and after that peace stance will rebuke rebuke this again with other argument. This kind of view and argument from the war and peace stand eventually become endless circle and forcing us to admit and seeing war not only from one perspective.

1 Like

Updated! Now at 27,000 words.

• Added another Chapter
  • Fixed some minor bugs
  • Added some flavor text to earlier parts (very minor)
4 Likes

Looks good so far! There’s definitely a shortage of military-themed games, and I’m looking forward to its release. Also, how do you get the ‘marksman’ profession?

1 Like

@YHGS is it possible to be a designated marksmen but still have trained as a medic?

1 Like