The War for the West [Releasing Nov 14]

sometimes is not about love but respect

Yes, I respect the right of everyone to find love and expect the same respect in return.

1 Like

im talking about respect of how humiliating that can be for someone who is married, even if there is no love between them, think about what the kingdom may think of someone who is being cheated on by her wife, or the other way around , of a princess from the northern kingdom being cheated on… :wink:

2 Likes

These spouses have already been treated as just bargaining chips to seal economic or military alliances. I consider that far more humiliating. Allowing them to find love and expecting them to allow you the same is far more respectful than treating human beings as bargaining chips.

3 Likes

that may be but the mc is not entirely the culprit of that, so unless they talk about having a open relationship or some kind of deal between them, i still find it humilliating and not deserving for any person to be cheated,
people can talk and even divorce if it comes to it, its called having morals, even if there are people that dont have any xD

3 Likes

That’s why I prefer Wyneva because even though she likes to hide her emotions, when she does show them she genuinely loves you.

9 Likes

Treating a human being as a bargaining chip and expecting another human being to give up any hope of ever finding love is immoral, but as you say some people do not have morals.

4 Likes

agree but its not the mcs faults since they can do it properly if given the option i guess

2 Likes

I do wish the MC had the option to discuss this with the spouses earlier. @MahatmaDagon Actually this might be a good topic for the wedding night dialogue with spouses. My MC would rather the spouses end up happy and would not place the MC’s pride before the spouse finding happiness.

4 Likes

It isn’t just about pride. Unless she’s only doing it with partial eunuchs (men that can sard, but without impregnating), you might just end up with a bastard. Or a dozen considering Hereya’s appetite.

1 Like

Silphium and whatever other herbs are used by the Iron Maidens deal with that risk.

2 Likes

Finally managed to defeat Sielcner with only my troops (as in no allies saved me). Took like 4k men. Maybe good tactics too.

1 Like

Well she’s a foreigner, we don’t know if she’s willing to take such herbs, or let alone knows they exist. As of now we don’t have an option to tell her about them.

1 Like

Did you fight them in the open or behind the castle walls?

1 Like

Open fields. I suppose the other is easier? Both times my sorry ass is saved so…

I like the open field more tbh

2 Likes

Well, yeah, realistically that is the more flexible option if you want to go aggressive. Staying in the castle is restrictive.

1 Like

Did anyone actually succeed at convincing the Sielcner army(led by Sir Brendell and Maarlbran) to give up and retreat to Sielccia after Noyedas’ death? I’m interested in this due to the peacemaker achievement.

1 Like

I did once.

Didn’t get the achievement though.

Or I forgot if I did :joy:

1 Like

Ah thanks. Could the MC convince them if lore and social is really really high of his Sielc heritage and perhaps even sway them to his side against the Meinstrel King with tales of a independent Western Kingdom?

1 Like