The War for the West [Releasing Nov 14]

Sword and shield is the best weapon to use against someone especially in the battle field

Depends. If I was a medieval soldier I’d go spear as primary and a dagger/shortsword as backup.

1 Like

Actually my good sir you have it wrong, when dualing an opponent there is an technique that must only be used when the situation becomes dire. If this happens, circumstance calls for you too begin unscrewing the pommel of your sword, then proceeding to throw it at your opponent in order to end them rightly.
totally didn’t get this from a certain youtuber

1 Like

For a sec I thought you were serious dude.
:laughing:

1 Like

No. Sword and shield is better for skirmishes or 1v1 fights. On a battlefield, spears and shields were far better (and often enough to stop cavalry, contrary to popular opinion).

1 Like

Shhhhh
I’m being very serious, a pommel when throw is a very lethal weapon
How to end your opponent rightly

2 Likes

Yeah but u have to be like a master with that spear like grey worm because no shield with out one u will be dead in minutes

1 Like

Actually, spears can be wielded with shields, since they are weapons made to attack from far away, and in a single direction, meaning that you could use them one handed despite their length. People swinging spears didn’t survive very.

• Swords are overrated. (I dare anyone to fite me).

• Spears are manufactured faster and they are cheaper than swords you pay much to brag about.

• Training with spears takes a shorter time.

• A spear is a balanced weapon and effectively stops cavalry. Horses rarely even run into them.

• They have longer reach and keep enemies at bay.

6 Likes

Yeah i thought he said just a spear but yeah spear and shield are very affective in battle field but in close combat shield and sword would win against spear and shield

Possibly. It depends on the opponent’s skill.
That is why you bring backup weapons.
You know how you can dual wield properly?
A longsword and a dagger.
But this isn’t very useful against a shield so I recommend a 2 handed weapon. (There’s people saying it is not as strong as it looks like. While true, they can be used very effectively in certain cases).

Oh i was talking about a sword and a shield not duel wielding but yeah duel wielding not very affective in a battle

I am aware. I just put it as a concept that the only useful dual wielding is a longsword + dagger.

Actuelly, no. A spear isn’t simply longer. It’s faster and stronger due to being monodirectional.

To beat a spear with a sword, you need to deflect it. To deflect a spear with a sword, you’d need to completely outclass your opponent in strength. And with a shield, you’d need to brace yourself, which would prevent you from counter attacking. Moreover, unless you are fighting in very close quarter, it’s easy to choke up on the spear or use it as a quarterstaff.

Not really that useful in battle because people do have bow and arrows and u have no protection

No. It is not. That is why no one (or very few people) used it in real life.
Dual wielding (with rapiers and daggers) was only used in duels.

Yeah but a person using a bow and arrow vs a person with a long sword and dagger whose going to win

That’s a small summary. What if they’re two steps away from each other?
:laughing:

3 Likes

You will win but far distance i would win so its a win win

2 Likes

No… no not really. Archers always had backup weapons.
Longbows can easily penetrate most armors so…
Shortswords or something similar would serve as secondary weapons.

2 Likes