The War for the West [Releasing Nov 14]

Is the wyrm just a very strong and ancient abyssal spawn or a completely different entity?

1 Like

Whats in the update?

Read the changelog

1 Like

how do you get the wyrm quest?

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, you need to deal with the bandit raid (I always get this within 10 days). There’s also a child saved from the attack which you will need later.
After that (could be a week or a month after) you will meet one of the captured bandit and he will offer you with two options.
If you choose to kill the child saved from the first raid, you will trigger the wyrm event.
Well you don’t really need the child as there will be substitute given to you if you let the first child go.

1 Like

Did someone meet the White Wizard?
I understand that this would have to happen before the final vote but it did not happen to me … Or it is not implementing yet

Forgive my ignorance, but who exactly is the White Wizard? (the changelog guy, not Gandalf).

3 Likes

how do you get the abysmal armor?

Is the commoner maid a possible romance,the one taking care of the MC when he was sick ? A commoner-noble love situation would be nice.

1 Like

They are directly related, but the Wyrm is an incredibly more powerful being. I can’t say more without giving major spoilers.

There are a few ways which you can learn about its existence, one of them is the one @Felix_Ronan stated.

Most of those ways lead the player to an earlier ending of the game, though.

@Marcos_Brites
@alphasquid
About the White Wizard, there was a problem with yesterday’s update which was preventing players from reaching him. It should be fixed now.

You can interact with him if you select the option “Approach Lady Avellyn” when trying to acquire votes.

@kairu
Sure, you can even have a bastard child with her. :wink:

11 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend it though, iirc she’s a spy tasked with having a child with you, or killing you if necessary

2 Likes

Mahatma, you mentioned earlier that at the end of the game you could choose to pursue a romance or marry previous lovers, does that include the maid, the cuckold wife(not Hereya) and brothel women?
And also, at the voting for a new king or queen, could you work towards getting someone else to become the ruler, like Lord Dulsen for example?

4 Likes

According to Meybuk, there is a prophecy that says you must reign the west and according to his words “become the king at any cost”.

I know, but you have dialogue options that indicate that you don’t want to follow it though.

Does it change anything if your house is old and proud Vs say raiders or settlers

1 Like

In my experience, nah I don’t feel any difference. It’s just whether you want your great grandpa to be an old noble or a bad ass raider.

For the settler’s background, I always thought of it as our family had to move because there’s a version of Trump making trouble there.

@MahatmaDagon

Should be where

Should be that

1 Like

He should be called the Knight of Broken Swords, unless he’s dual wielding, it should be: he holds his blade with both hands.

I’m not exactly sure this is a bug, but after the wedding event with Danna, this immediately pops up in everyplay through. I remember this being a random court event and I thing you should have like this because having that option to early players miss out on the chances of other dialogue options such as talking about your deeds and secret heritage , t
Players should have the chances to see the amount of detail you put into this game, such as Danna or any other spouse seeing the statues you build or castle improvements.

Is this normally suppose to happen, with two events happening at once? One thing I noticed is two events occured at the end of the month, and if it helps for this playthrough I did use the chest menu.

I got this, I saved my game and then checked out the TESSTTING part, I’m guessing this is for the convincing of the Lord’s votes scene? Because my demo just ends at the second agenda of the meeting still, I don’t get to speak to the white wizard or convince other Lord’s. I made sure to play a fresh paly through and not a old save file, in also using the cheats here, so maybe that’s the case.

At the description of good old Bob, it should be: He has the wide eyes of someone who has a hard time believing they’re still alive.
You could also rewrite this as: Bob of Lowblow comes to your aid despite his wounds. Eyes wide open, he has a hard time believing he’s still alive.

There’s just a small little typo next to where Tull comes limping from his wounds, at the end of the sentence there’s an “]”, sorry I’. Using my phone so I can’t exactly highlight the words

This isn’t a error/report just a question, did Lord noydnas(sorry if I’m spelling his name wrong) fund the revolt/coup of the king? He literally says “Even if King Jeohr survives what is about to happen on the royal capital”

I know, how the hell did I get the many Knights? I sorta abused the time skip system, but uhh that’s not the point! Ask you can see here if I send my erm 200+ Cavalry they seen to get rekt depsite overwhelming the enemy riders, may I suggest adescription should be added where if our Calvary destroys the outriders they turn to stomp on Brendells infantry, it would make sense?

A couple more things I had noted but no screenshot of;

1. The court event with lanfrey regard the error for building two bridge’s, is asking Jenney to keep a close eye on him, is this suppose to lead anywhere? Because if not it kinda seems redundant, perhaps you can have that as a question for you be answered by the white wizard😂

2. In the TTESTING event, I think it was either Lord Dullas or Lady Sartham(swamp lady) that mention us acquiring the Sielc Ancestral Sword, is this suppose to be added into out inventorys after killing Noydas? Because I’ve checked and nothing is added

3. For the mothermulchers part, if I hold Ullis hostage as part of the contract, after the battle I don’t get this interaction previously beforehand

Instead I get the one were you decide to imprison Ullis against his will and later on release him after the battle.

4. I highly recommend that before the final version is released you have someone proof read the game, despite English being my native language, grammar and punctuation is not something I am strong in.

5. For the battles in the later seasons(rain/thunder) the text part mentioning about holding the highground is usually a good idea but, in storms lighting on highground is attracted to metal objects, is there suppose to be a scene where you or your troops get hit by lighting or something? Or is this just like a little tidbit of information, because nothing happens if I hold the highground.
    @MahatmaDagon

4 Likes

wassup with this test option?

2 Likes

If you get to the “late game” unmarried(either because you never got married or because your spouse died/fleed), I want to add a brief option where you can marry someone. People you’ve met before would pop up in that list.

Yes. Lord Dulsen is the most likely candidate as well, if the MC doesn’t have any redeeming qualities.

Yup, Meybuk truly believes that. He’s been indoctrinated by prophecy(despise posing as a man of science) and has given up much already in the name of it, so he is obsessed with seeing it fulfilled.

Otherwise, “it might all have been for nothing.”

It mostly changes things on text. I did a quick search and there are around 16 events which mention your ancestry in some way,

Most of it is subtle or conditional. For example, Vradnir might say “To be fair, ${title}, for all that I know, the last time that these lands had suffered a thing that could be described as an attack from the sea would have been when your ancestors arrived from the north, centuries ago.” if you ask him when was the last time people raided the shores of your lands and have northern ancestry.

There are also some small changes in population, military and initial amount of aurens depending on your family’s background, and an entry on the timeline.

@Felix_Ronan Thanks, fixed the typos.

@FauxCoeur Fixed the bladeswording.

On the second image, you’re talking about the “Spend the day with your wife”?

It makes sense that people might miss things out if they do it too early in the game, I guess I hadn’t considered that. I’ll see if there’s any elegant fix to this.

About the two events happening at once, I think its just a coincidence. Both events happen a number of days after being triggered by something else.

About the “TTTTEST” option, I forgot to remove it. I use options like that for personal testing without having to start the game from scratch everytime I add a new late game scene.

I also forgot to “link” the new content with the old one, which is why the game was ending before reaching that part. I have fixed it and I’m uploading the files now.

That phrase is there to imply that he had knowledge of it and raise questions such as that. From a meta point of view, he wasn’t the one who funded it, its more like he was being funded by the same people who funded/did it.

So, here’s the math of that specific segment:

If you have more knights than the enemy (by an overwhelming margin), enemy loses half of its knights, you lose 10% of it. I’m assuming you had… 2k knights? :scream:

Anyway, it does make sense for them not to be entirely occupied with a much lesser force of knights and turn on the infantry if that is the case. I’m just not sure if that should ever be the case. :sweat_smile:

I literally lol’d at the suggestion at the end. There are a few suggestions in the game that Lanfrey might be stealing money or working in cohort with the EBB, but I never got to the end of those things, and neither did Jenneth, although I have a very good excuse for her.

About the sword, were they really referring to the blade or to the bloodline? I don’t remember any talk about the blade.

But you’re right, I forgot to give it to the player. It should appear on the armory now after you defeat Noyedas.

Did the mercenaries stay loyal to you? If they did, I think that is what should appear.(unless I misunderstood what you were saying)

This is one of my main concerns, but I don’t really know anyone that would be willing to proof read the game, nor do I have the funds to pay for a professional. I’ve managed to acquire a premium version of Grammarly due to a friend, which should be of some help once I scan all txts.

Its just there to make people make some considerations before going to high ground. I always thought it was obviously the better choice.

Anyway, thanks for the post. Version “almost there 2” is being uploaded.

It’s me forgetting to remove stuff before uploading the files. :flushed:

11 Likes

I thought CoG/HG provided proof reader if you submitted your finished work?

1 Like