The War for the West [Releasing Nov 14]

Maybe in the next game, but as of now Dagon is working on finishing the completion of the first game. And I think there’s a pretty good amount of RO’s, there’s 5 female RO’s, and most likely an equal number of male ROs as well

1 Like

Found one bug, it seems if you choose a girl as your first born and then a son as the second the game when you are leaving to fallhorn the game registers the son as an girl.

Not sure if this is an bug as well, but after you decide where or not to house your sodlers at the city or outside ein tents, the game loads to an screens where it says you have rules xxxz years, and then all of the sudden transitions to the mc looking at stargaze tower

Also I think, we should have an extra dialogue option when speaking to Dullis if we married his son or daughter, on when the mc learns Dullis knew of Silencias preparation for an Invasion, I think think it’s justified to be a bit mad at Dullis, when the house I am allied with keeps such a secret from me

@MahatmaDagon

4 Likes

MC has an only kid.

1 Like

Maybe someone can help me. I’ve played the demo and can’t seem to survive the first army attack. I also spend a few days where there is nothing I can do in game (nothing happens in court) is that normal?

Could you be more specific?

That means you exhausted the hold court events, which is currently around 50. So it was normal.

So how exactly would I progress the days organically otherwise? Because I also have completed all the trainings as well as read all the books as well as spoken to my inner circle as well as done all the church related situations and spoken to the Quartermaster and purchased everything there.

When playing, is it normal to exhaust those or am I doing something wrong here? I don’t get any of the options to have an heir or create bastards nor have this alleged meeting with a high council. It just a wee bit frustrating from that perspective since I’m not sure what I’m doing that’s barring me from these experiences you guys are having in-game.

Can’t remember the name, but the Sielc King comes down to you after you learn about your heritage. He asks you to bend the knee so he can Danny it up and reunite the Western Kingdom. You have the choice to join him or stand against him. I chose to stand against him. 10 days later he comes and lays siege to us. I go out to greet him and he kills me.

Outside of joining him, how can I survive this interaction?

Enter cheat menu and enable skip days alternatively you can also just go to church and pray

@ChristandJackel I think the easiest and most effective way would be to face him on the battlefield (in my opinion).

2 Likes

I’ll look into this method. See if it helps

If I am not mistaken, the size of your army influences your victory / defeat, I was able to beat noyedas with 1600 soldiers (most archers and knights), that was at one time and I do not know if it is possible to win with less, Good Luck .

Yer when I finish everything there is to do I either go to the temple to pray or I just keep training and upgrading my troops.
*That’ll probably also give you a boost to winning the battle
Or. You could also just skip days. There’s that too.

1 Like

I think this is the best WiP I’ve played. Congratulations Lucas.

2 Likes

I hope this WIP gets an official release soon!!
Also keep the cheat menu please as it really help to reach the ending you aimed for😄

7 Likes

Bug: If one saves the game while in a stats menu, reloading the saved game gives no way to leave the stats menu and play the game.

That is a Dashingdon bug. There’s nothing he can do about it.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware of that bug. It should be fixed now, thanks for the reports.

It wasn’t exactly intentional, but it is actually that way unless you roll a random character. I’ll make a poll about it.

The majority of the Lords Summit by the end of the game is going to be people discussing about who should rule the west. There will be the opportunity to use intrigue, persuasion and intimidation to achieve such goal. Previous choices impact the likeliness of each strategy succeeding.

Took me a while to understand what was going on. I think it should be fixed now.

The transition should happen, although it might be going more abruptly than I want it to. Its a moment where the time skipping/dilation stops and the narration goes back to the present tense.

The “XXX” was put there as a warning, an easy way to identify a condition. If someone ever got that, it meant that such person managed to reach the end of the game in less than one year, which SHOULDN’T be allowed to happen.

So, if you saw that “XXXX”, it means that I need to figure out exactly how you were able to end the game in less than a year. It might be that I forgot to add a few hundreds of days as a consequence for some action, or maybe you found a way to rush to the end, etc. Perhaps you can help me solve the mystery XD

I’ll add an annotation about that.

Thanks, fixed it.

EDIT: I also noticed that the Lord Dulsen wasn’t saying anything on the screenshot. It was related to the same bug.

It’s not supposed to be happen in the final version, but it currently can. I still haven’t committed on a exact number of days, so I’m using a range that sometimes might be too much. I’ll be testing that in the next couple of days.

I’ll add a warning in the stats menu as long as I’m using Dashingdon to host the demo so people wont lose their saves.

3 Likes

I was only able to see the month of “Sunset” and later by ignoring Noyedas and using the cheat menu…

@MahatmaDagon There is a unique paragraph for each family background in the timeline except for the settlers from the south.

663 - House Tredmore is formed when some of the northern invaders accept a peace treaty with the locals and settle in the land. Soon they would join them fighting the next wave of raiders

698 - House Maedsor rises in power, soon becoming the most powerful vassal of the Sielcs.

1288 - House Ravill is granted the ownership over Lorccia, as the previous line that ruled the place was extinguished during the war.

2 Likes

Will there be some type of savegame system in the final game?

I mean, after the final battle there is a sequence of events which, as they are triggered, add total days to your “days count”. Example: If you have a child, it adds at least 9 months to your total number of days.

Since those events are direct consequences of actions done by the player during the playthrough, I cannot exactly predict how many days will be added by the end of it, but it should always be at least 2 years since you started the game.

If it isn’t, I want to know why. I could simply just add an arbitrary number of days, but I want to fill that void with something instead of just “hey, some time passed lmao”. I also don’t want to add too many days to people who already had large days added to them.

Did you have children? Did you conquered/raided Sielccia or left it as it is? Those are the main things that will add time to the counter, IIRC.

Thanks. I’ll make a note about that.

Yup, but I am told that this is on the publisher’s end. I will talk to them about that as soon as possible.

2 Likes