The War for the West [Releasing Nov 14]

This was indeed what I was thinking. My question specifically was, if we married Sessanah during the summit and Nellasha was single, could she fill that role still (ie. you are now married to Nellasha instead of being seen as a widow to the world)

I imagine that either way, if she’s loyal to you, you’ll potentially have at least 3 kingdoms under your domain (4 if you married her to your cousin while you are married to Danna)

You could really end up ruling the West…
download

This is very fair

2 Likes

That option was during the Lord’s Summit. Not the one with Noyedas.

My mistake. I usually use random selections for my characters so not having a choice about my origins rubbed off on me until the ‘having children’ part. Though, I was thinking of a scenario similar to The Other Boleyn Girl (not sure how historical in/accurate the story is) where Henry wanted both Anne and a son. But in the end, he couldn’t have both. In short, like how you can’t always “have your cake and eat it” you can’t have the heir you always wanted. Hmmm… this could be a plot point for succumbing to your mistresses’ charms :thinking: what say you, @MahatmaDagon ?

Lucas wrote the same thing about the gender of the heirs so I think this is settled. I still hope though that there’s a random option for this in the sequel.

Right. I forgot to mention that after a few playthroughs I realized he’s a lost cause. This confirms my suspicions though when I got the “detained foreteller” ending. He’s the one who plans to make Jenneth his queen.

I respect that. Considering how detailed this game is, I wouldn’t expect anything less. Though I was thinking that if you’re romantically involved with any of them they could take a sword or two for you so you don’t die prematurely. Though I guess it’s a moot point since all of them either die during the war or the abyssal hunt.

Ah yes, this has been answered. But I remember he’s married? What happens with that? Will his wife know? Btw, is there any way other than gifting him the ancient sword in order to unlock the affair scenes?

I see. I was just wondering why despite playing a female MC, he never appears in the late game consequences for my female MC. I had some playthroughs where female MC ended up in bed (in the grass?) with him but he’s still MIA in the late game part. I thought you just forgot about him.

I’ll try my best to narrow it down:
I put him to the sword after talking to him about MC’s mother’s letters. That was just right before the beginning of the Noyedas siege (or maybe before I met with Noyedas, not sure).

After the war I revealed MC’s Sielc bloodline publicly and got invited to the capital. Jenneth appeared there and while we had a conversation she spoke as if Meybuk were still alive. This is where I got confused because I had my MC kill him beforehand.

57 more or less, I think? Just a few points shy of 60. Was wearing full armor and did not have any drinks. Still, when I choose to take care of Daedros myself, I die and usually the 3 of them are still alive it seems to appear that Vradnir can’t take care of Sartham. There’s only one route where I successfully defeat all three of them despite low combat (just about 30, more or less) and it’s when I kill Sartham first then deal with Daedros and Jenneth. I usually focus on Daedros like “do something unpredictable” before dealing with Jenneth.

I suppose there’s nothing wrong with it. I just thought that some options should be hidden if the conditions for it aren’t achieved like romancing the NPC.

I thought that maybe the MC could learn a thing or two from gossips within the castle despite having his own Petyr Baelish beside him.

Will random character creation still be available in the sequel? I prefer focusing more on the game itself than the character creation part. :grin:

Btw, I think the female MC has just as many ROs as the male (excluding those one time only characters i.e. Merchant’s wife) or maybe more. Let’s do some counting though just to be sure.

Female:
Lodka
Vayden
Ullus
Kenrir (he’s still romanceable atm)
Dannel
Jenneth
Nada
Vradnir

Male:
Danna
Wyneva
Hereya
Petka
Jenneth
Kenrir
Nada
Vradnir

But the only problem is the characters aren’t fleshed out. I think Vayden and Dannel so far, have the most number of scenes with the MC. (Though, I sometimes feel like Vayden is unnecessary). Vradnir should have more interactions I guess, since he’s the one closest to female MC.

That’s all for now.

4 Likes

I think 3 at most. Dullis is out of the equation. If I’m not mistaken, Dulsen has 3 Children. If you marry Danna and Daedros dies, Dannel will still rule Dullis. Same is true if you play as female MC, but only if the customs in Dullis allow a female ruler, so Danna may rule. If not, best case scenario is annexation, otherwise, conquest. Or marry the dowager lady if you’re a male MC. (is that even possible?)

No you can’t marry her, also she doesn’t need to be. People want every single female that appears in this book to be marriageable or have a one night stand with.

Maybe, however with Danna as your wife, you have a claim. If your “less than savory”, I’m sure the game will allow you to push for exerting your influence over the kingdom, a lot more than if you weren’t married anyway. Plus there’s the simple matter of “cleaning house” if you’re so inclined…

giphy%20(1)

1 Like

My point was that it is possible to romance Jenneth earlier than the summit but it requires surrendering to Noyedas (which none of my MCs would ever even pretend to do).

@MahatmaDagon Thank you.

I do not think so but i have only played heterosexual males so I have no idea. (See below for the authors answer)

2 Likes

I got his romance scenes playing a female MC, might not be that way for long though.

They have the same amount of lovers, since Kenrir is only for male MCs and its a bug otherwise.
Male lovers: Nada, Vradnir, Kenrir
Female lovers: Nada, Vradnir, Lodka

As for marriage opportunities, it’s disproportional (even with Vayden, but more so before he was introduced), and that’s the complaint.
Male marriages: Danna, Wyneva, Hereya, Petka
Female marriages: Dannel, Ullus, Vayden

I think that Vayden was a good addition for those of us seeking another capable & competent marriage option, and I absolutely adore him. He can also double as a lover if you’re (unfortunately) married to Dannel already which is cool. I’m happy, but it’s still technically disproportionate.

As for the argument about Ullus and Noyedas being viable marriage options, I think both don’t necessarily count in lieu of the fact that they’re introduced at the end of the game whereas for male MCs your marriage options are all achievable earlier. The same can be said about Vayden and Dannel who you can marry earlier on and spend time with before the chaos of the plot picks up. Ullus is a slime who you marry for the sake of winning a war, Noyedas rapes the MC. Totally not “romance options” imo.

3 Likes

My heir can be genderless, the abyssal spawn or even the devil himself, I do not care but I refuse to cheat on Wyneva or Petka.

2 Likes

@Vox I can’t consider Vayden an actual “romance option” on account of Vayden being a House Meinstrel spy. I think that actually makes him worse than Ullus. Knowing that about Vayden, I must say I did like the option on the date with Vayden when Vayden complains if the MC never sleeps with him:

#“If you are that dissatisfied with our arrangement, I can easily become a widow.”

@MahatmaDagon It would have been tempting to simply order the arrest and interrogation of Vayden and the man with him at the ball. The potential intel that we might be able to extract from them could be worth far more than the money we could blackmail from them. I’m guessing they both would have somehow “escaped” or “died in custody”.

3 Likes

I heard that being mentioned but hadn’t seen it in the code at the time, yikes. I guess that just adds more to the argument that female MCs are kinda screwed. Still, my spy husband was miles ahead of Dannel, and at least gives no worries of treason after the Meinstrel line ends.

On the whole “I’m in a celibate loveless marriage!!” tantrum he had, it was totally off base. I loved the options, but also felt like he was jumping the gun since my MC simply said they were tired. Maybe that’s a coding error? I figured there wasn’t an opportunity to get to know him on the night of your marriage like with Dannel because he wasn’t as nervous or hopelessly wooed by you, but the option would’ve been nice.

Thinking about it now, it would’ve been nice to have an option to confront him on the marriage being a sham on the basis of him spying later on. Hell, at least you got 2000 aurens. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Definitely a bug, because I remember adding an option in which he says something like “I waited X days to be with you again, I can wait a few more. Not that I’m counting.” (x being he exact number of days since he first time he saw you) :grin:

His tantrum should only happen if you straight out tell him you don’t want anything with him.

(I’ll answer everybody and take a look at that big when I reach the computer tomorrow, I just had to phone post from bed when I saw that.)

4 Likes

Just discussing possible courses of action post-Red Summit events, not that I would want my male MC to marry Lady dowager Dulsen. Besides, the current game doesn’t allow you to marry MC off to Dulsen’s widow as it ends on the Red Summit, depending on the gameplay .

• (Is that even possible?)

What I meant is:
"If the game goes any further (sequel), would the game’s lore allow you to marry a deceased lord’s widow (considering cultures, customs, practices) to unify the Western peninsula? If not, as I’ve replied to @ChristandJackel, your choice could be annexation or conquest to put Dullis under your rule since depending on who your spouse is, your claim on Dullis can either be incontestable or remote.

I agree with you @ChristandJackel that if MC is a tyrant he could enforce claim on Dullis through marriage no matter how remote it is. Or as you say, “clean house”.

1 Like

You forgot a word:
Lanfrey, the responsible for the economical and financial matters of your court, bows to you. He has blond hair and dresses himself almost like a noble.

1 Like

I got a prompt like above on the night of our marriage, but when spending time with him and asking how he liked things was when he complained about a “celibate and loveless” marriage. Hope that helps! :blush:

I don’t remember if you can pick the gender of your child with Nada, but one way or another all those characters need to have an option to have their genders selected by the player because they are all “possible origins” for playable characters in the next game.

Yup, he’s the Blackbird.

His wife doesn’t know. I think I stated somewhere in the game that his takes care of a farm/small piece of land gifted to him by your father, so they are away from court dynamics. There is only one way to gift him the ancient sword, but I don’t think it is necessary to unlock the romance scene. It triggers if you decide to fight against/for the rebels in Boglan, IIRC.

Isn’t that the interaction between Jenneth and your father? They do mention Meybuk in it, but it is set in the past. I don’t know how well the text explains it(its a scene I need to revise), but it should more or less portray the MC as someone who is having visions of the past and future.

I think most of the checks are >= 60. I’ll revise this scene for a variety of reasons anyway.

I thought about having an option of “Spying over ${yourlands}” just as you can spy on the other provinces, but it’s different when you can deal with those problems yourself instead of just hearing about them. I think that most of the important gossips are brought to you by Jenneth during events.

For sure. The heir and any possible siblings can be hand crafted or randomized, and there will probably be a mix of the two as well. (As in, you create one character but let information about others be randomized).

They get the hell out of here as soon as they noticed the suspicion upon them. Originally I would like to have something like you sugested, and perhaps I’ll be able to come back to that one day, but I had to make some cuts.

Thank you.

It does, thank you. There’s nothing better for bug fixing or revising than when you guys are specific, since the non linearity and amount of content in the game often get me confused. :sweat_smile:

I found the interaction and what was wrong with it, will upload with the next batch of fixes.

4 Likes

Been a little bit since I played through this game. I know that you added in the big meeting last time I checked, but I haven’t played through all of it. Time to correct that.

Questions
  • Isn’t the “don’t save your game here” warning in the stats menu a moot point, since you can’t save in there anyway?

• Do we ever have any interactions with the king other than the initial letter of support at the start of the game, or is he too busy suppressing revolts further east to have any meaningful interaction with us?

• Do we ever hear back from the Alchemists Guild if we decide to fund their research into the disease/send them a piece of the fallen star, or Lord Goyler if we decide to seize boats for “pirate”-hunting duties?

• If we decide to buy wine outright from the merchant that can visit our court, we still have the option to haggle them afterwards.

• Is there any benefit to patronizing the troope that comes by during one of the court events?

• If we talk about religious dogmas with Avellyn, I’m curious if it’s possible for the “Life must be preserved above all” option to be possibly interpreted in a “Marriage must be between a man and a woman” manner, as even though you also have that dogma as an option, what people consider “life” can be is upfof debate. Also, if we decide to choose the Life option, wouldn’t it make more sense if we could not have the option to spread it violently if all else fails, since that goes against the faith’s modus operandi?

2 Likes

Is there any way to become king or queen at the end?

You have to convince the majority to vote for you. Lady Sessanah votes for you if you say you’ll let the Boglands be independent, Avelyn votes for you regardless if you follow her and speak to the Pale Wizard and then create a new religion (if you haven’t already done so), and Lord Dulsen can be convinced to vote for you after a long series of options where you keep insisting and finally offer him to be the Minister. Of course to even get to that you need to make sure they decide to annex from the east, but I don’t think that’s an issue. If it is, I suggest bringing Meybuk with you for higher stat checks you might not pass. Sucessfully fight off the Triple Chalice and you’ll be golden. :relaxed:

4 Likes