The War for the West [Releasing Nov 14]

That’s the point.

So is Lanfrey like Krillin? Not important in any saga, but manages to die?

1 Like

Well, you become a king and Lanfrey dies. That is the path to becoming rich, else Lanfrey will eat your money with cardeed.

I only played cardeed once, ONCE. I lost, so I banned it.

9 Likes

Mistake: “Why should I be the payer?” Bobbard questions. “It are his goats that keep escaping and eating my crops, he rightly be the one who pays, m’lord.”

You should probably say: The goats that keep escaping and eating my crops are is.

1 Like

That is one of the rare cases where the mistake is intentional, to reflect the poor speech of the simpleton character.

9 Likes

Oh ok, thanks.
I wish that there was a RO with the merchant’s wife.

3 Likes

There are so many interesting/bangworthy minor characters in this game. Noice.

14 Likes

21 Likes

Indeed.

Hoping this isn’t derailing threads, but curiosity.

Which character(s) did everyone find most interesting? Bangworthy or well-developed or deserving of a good backstory/fic, etc?

4 Likes

Most interesting? I can’t really name one other than the White Wizard, but my interest was piqued by Noyedas’ Warmonk, I’d definitely want someone like him in my court.

7 Likes

Well… as long as it is “did decide”, it should generally be fine. However… “Have you decided?” is proper, have is past tense as well. English is… very difficult.

1 Like

Only characters i really cared about where my soldiers and Danna Wyvena Petka.

3 Likes

I was sad when Dullis died because, damn, he never got to see his only grandchildren. And I’d like one medevil story were grandparents die of old age. But sign of the times and environment, people died a lot of unnatural causes.

3 Likes

The word despise should be despite

I’m sure this has been mentioned, but will cheats carry over to the full release or are they purely for testing purposes only?

The game has been updated!

CHANGELOG:

• Added a few branches where you and Jenneth can finally be together after the Summit, and a few more things regarding your final interaction with her.
  • Added the segment that was missing if you managed to fight two members of the Triple Chalice instead of three.
  • Fixed grammar mistakes such as “despise” instead of “despite” (I have a tendency of using the wrong one).

@Marcos_Brites It was a bug. Should be fixed now.

If your wife dies before the part of the game where children can be born, then you’re left heirless. At least that is what is supposed to happen. If it isn’t happening like that, then its a bug.

Theoretically, you could still have a child if youre female and your husband dies, but I don’t think I predicted that.

I agree with you.

Yep, there’s something wrong with that part of the game if the kid event is happening after the spouse is dead.

Agree again.

I wasn’t able to find the missing variable/bug in my first check, but I’ll try to reproduce this ingame. Basically the event of having children is happening after the death of the spouse, right? With you naming the child and everything else? Is the spouse also mentioned after being killed?

@Tau_Kat Thanks, I fixed it.

Can you give me an example? Unrest checks how much the people “dislike” you, so the higher it is the more they hate you. I remember getting things mixed up a few times and correcting them after reviewing some parts of the game, perhaps I missed something.

If the people responsible for publishing it are not against it, my intention is to keep the cheats.

EDIT> I think someone asked if they would be able to continue their saves after the game gets updated. I think not, because the main file needs to be updated in order for everything to work, and the game only “reads” it once after you started playing, unless you clear your browser’s history(thus deleting your saves). I might be wrong though.

EDIT 2: There seems to be some problem with tags on the main post of the thread. I had to pick “art” in order to be able to edit it, and the previous two were removed.

4 Likes

In alchemistsguild:

In event28

2 Likes

Myself, I wished I could know more about my soldiers, especially Bob and his ladylove. The amount of backstory they have right now seems good and balanced, but still, attachment.

Also hoped Lanfrey might be a RO :smile: but I’m happy with the pool of male ROs since that’ll be getting an update.

@MahatmaDagon I haven’t found time to test all the wives, but Hereya definitely has that dead-spouse-but-legitimate-heir bug. If I let her be held hostage and leave her to die, I get an heir if she didn’t cheat, no kids if she did. If cheated, I get the related epilogue and can choose what to do with her for her infidelity. This happens after the text explicitly mentions her dying in Riverine, and I do get to name the kid if I do get it.

Hereya is a death-defying, brigand-raising beast.

4 Likes