The War for the West [Releasing Nov 14]

Sorry about the bug folks.

The checkage was there:

*if ((holdingCourt) and (totalEvents < aEvents)) #Hold court.

But I believe the problem was because I had an extra *goto inside the holdingCourt.txt, which I put there while I was trying to fix the repeatable events bug.

I think both are fixed now, from what I have tested: Events aren’t repeating themselves anymore and, once you reach the maximum number of events, the option doesn’t appear anymore.

I’ll upload version 0.7 now with the fixes.

**EDIT: I tested it a few more times after doing another fix and it should be working now.

@FutbolDude21586
Thanks for the reports. First two were typos as you suggested, the third one I still have no idea how to fix. Will try to get some help on the forums soon.

1 Like

the picture for Jenneth is not working.

Also why will this topic be closed after 21 days?

2 Likes

I always forget that the name of the image file need to be written with the same capitalization as it is called on the page. It should be working now.

Regarding the closing of the topic, I think it is the norm. If a thread stays over 21 days without a reply, they are closed according to the forum rules. Hopefully it won’t be the case here, I’ll always keep up posting and updating the game.

3 Likes

I don’t know if anyone noticed this bug… While I was playing cards with my men, I losed 20 money. I checked my stats to see the amount of gold i have. When I went back, it shows that I won 10 money! :laughing:

It’s a fortune bug, as I can earn 1000 gold through gambling with my men. :smile:

4 Likes

sshhhhh dont report it, so we can make lots of money

7 Likes

I think losing 520 men in the meteor event is a very big amount. Should be lowered, or add the choice in where you go with your men and negotiate or you can lower the losses

3 Likes

520? I losed about 100 troops in the meteorite event. :fearful:

2 Likes

Going with your men is an option, but when you pick I think it says it hasn’t been coded yet. So it’s going to happens, it just hasn’t yet

1 Like

Just wanted to say this is amazing work you’re doing. I’ve always wanted something exactly like this. Thank you.

1 Like

Was it in while you were in the tavern(drunk) or at the castle?

Indeed. The trick is that, according to the math, this part should only take about 10% percent of your forces, so it would mean you had 5200 men with you. To be fair I don’t even know how that’s achievable without a bug or a “cheat”(like recruiting peasants before going into the game, on the “don’t click here” option).

Thank you! It’s something I always wanted to play as well.

It was in the feast of Duke Dullac. After visiting the pleasure house, blacksmith and etc, I visit my army. But you don’t need to fix it. :joy: I love to earn money! (Through cheating lol)

1 Like

The servant could be an interesting angle, then. Constantly trying to worm her way into positions of power to raise her social standing and doing whatever it takes along the way.

@MahatmaDagon: Have you considered getting an editor for this game? It is very interesting, but has so many typos/grammar errors.

Once I have finished everything that needs to be done in terms of content and code I’ll use Grammarly to check each of the .txt files and fix mistakes. Right now everything lacks in revision, as I have stated before.

I know the war with Sielccia isn’t finished yet (obviously) but I think that in the future if you marry with Dullis before the war begins they should count as an ally

1 Like

That would be interesting, it’ll also add intrigue into your court and depending on who you married they could all have different responses, Hereya seems like the type who’d do a three way or something along those lines.

1 Like

how do increase my social skills, or is it something that gonna come in the next updates, also when will the books be finished for us to read in the library after you buy them.

When the war is over and I won it, will it be the end of the story? Or will you also put another type of situation where I can wage war?

Do you think we could have a cheat play through cause I would love to be able to mess around with unlimited money lol

2 Likes

Gamble with your troops and hope to gain money more frequently than losing :grin:

2 Likes